Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DevilWearsPrada
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Exercise!

Post by DevilWearsPrada » December 1st, 2010, 12:05 pm

Tonights Exercise..........

Cheering on the Blue Devils vs Mich State. Clapping and doing cheers and waving the pompoms!!!! That will certainly be a workout for a good 2 hours. And walking to the Stadium and back to the car, after the game... Thats exercise for today...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2010, 11:02 pm

DevilWearsPrada wrote:Tonights Exercise..........

Cheering on the Blue Devils vs Mich State. Clapping and doing cheers and waving the pompoms!!!! That will certainly be a workout for a good 2 hours. And walking to the Stadium and back to the car, after the game... Thats exercise for today...
That's my kind of exercise, DWP! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2010, 11:04 pm

Today I did a 20 min workout in EA Sports Active 2 and an hour of Cardio Dance. Fortunately the EA Sports workout today was mostly upper body. Yesterday's workout was lower body, and there's no way I would've been able to do an hour of cardio dance afterward.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 11:45 am

30 minute walk yesterday AM, two 10 minute walks back/forth to the car last PM in the Chem lot before/after the game and a lotta jumping up and down and yelling at the refs.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2010, 11:58 am

devildeac wrote:30 minute walk yesterday AM, two 10 minute walks back/forth to the car last PM in the Chem lot before/after the game and a lotta jumping up and down and yelling at the refs.
Yelling at the refs? I can't believe it. =)) =))

I could use an ENT doc after all the yelling I did last night at the TV. I sound like what I would imagine the lady who a gentleman would talk to for $3.99 a minute would sound. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 12:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:30 minute walk yesterday AM, two 10 minute walks back/forth to the car last PM in the Chem lot before/after the game and a lotta jumping up and down and yelling at the refs.

I could use an ENT doc after all the yelling I did last night at the TV. I sound like what I would imagine the lady who a gentleman would talk to for $3.99 a minute would sound. :9f:
Call: 1-800-LAW-GRAD?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2010, 3:23 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Call: 1-800-LAW-GRAD?
1-900-LAW-GRAD.

Wouldn't Mom be proud....
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 2nd, 2010, 5:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Call: 1-800-LAW-GRAD begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-LAW-GRAD      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-LAW-GRAD      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-LAW-GRAD      end_of_the_skype_highlighting?
1-900-LAW-GRAD.

Wouldn't Mom be proud....
Snicker. Chortle.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 2nd, 2010, 7:54 pm

Exercise didn't work out so well tonight. I got home, went upstairs to change into exercise clothes, and the dogs lawgrad-napped me and forced me to lie down, and the next thing I knew it was 7:45pm. :O3 :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 2nd, 2010, 10:42 pm

Good job, devildeac! You had your work cut out for you - those refs were idiots. Were they Big 10?
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 3rd, 2010, 7:40 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Good job, devildeac! You had your work cut out for you - those refs were idiots. Were they Big 10?
hess, cahill and corbett. Refs usually work a couple different conferences during the season. hess calls a lotta acc games and cahill was a FF ref, calling the Duke-Butler game, along with valentine, IIRC. Several reports I read about the analysts after the game felt the only reason we did not beat Butler by >10 was the mugging allowed on one end of the court that was not allowed on the other end. That's one of the reasons K told Zoubek to "miss it." He was willing to take the chance on a non-organized, long shot winning the game for Butler and not risk OT as he did not like the way the game was being "administered," and that is a quote from one of K's pressers I saw days or weeks after the game.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 3rd, 2010, 11:48 am

The refs were my choice for 'Boxscore Bedeviler'. X(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 3rd, 2010, 2:19 pm

captmojo wrote:The refs were my choice for 'Boxscore Bedeviler'. X(
:text-threadjacked:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 3rd, 2010, 6:38 pm

Lavabe wrote: :text-threadjacked:
I blame myself. :ymblushing:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 3rd, 2010, 7:46 pm

I just completed the workout from hell in EA Sports Active 2. Focus was lower body. Imagine, if you will, 20 min of alternating squats and lunges of various types, with intermittent running thrown in just for kicks. Oh, there were planks, too. I'm below target for the day, but I don't think my legs will make it through Cardio Dance right now. Maybe later...
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » December 7th, 2010, 1:35 am

If you're looking for a new exercise routine -- I totally thought this was a joke/bluff (heard about it on NPR's Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me this weekend):

Cardioke -- an exercise video combining cardio dance/aerobics & kareoke.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/waitwait/2010/ ... =112176971
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 7th, 2010, 8:20 am

DevilAlumna wrote:If you're looking for a new exercise routine -- I totally thought this was a joke/bluff (heard about it on NPR's Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me this weekend):

Cardioke -- an exercise video combining cardio dance/aerobics & kareoke.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/waitwait/2010/ ... =112176971
That sounds interesting. Maybe the karaoke part is supposed to keep you from over-exertion?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 7th, 2010, 8:27 am

I did a hodgepodge of exercises yesterday. For some reason Cardio Dance has gone back to choosing short workouts (30 min) with the beginner routines. With that being said, I think the tempo is faster. I complemented that with a Wii tennis game, a short run in Cardio Workout, and some dancing with Just Dance.

Lawgrad, have you tried the trail run in Cardio Workout? I stumbled on it over the weekend and wish I had found it sooner. You can run for a set period of time, and occasionally bears pop up in front of you. You have to punch them. A guy will also pop up beside the bear, and you lose points if you punch him rather than the bear. It's a decent workout.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2010, 10:38 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I did a hodgepodge of exercises yesterday. For some reason Cardio Dance has gone back to choosing short workouts (30 min) with the beginner routines. With that being said, I think the tempo is faster. I complemented that with a Wii tennis game, a short run in Cardio Workout, and some dancing with Just Dance.

Lawgrad, have you tried the trail run in Cardio Workout? I stumbled on it over the weekend and wish I had found it sooner. You can run for a set period of time, and occasionally bears pop up in front of you. You have to punch them. A guy will also pop up beside the bear, and you lose points if you punch him rather than the bear. It's a decent workout.
It's popped up a couple times on the prepared workout as a 3 minute thing, and I've done it a couple of times for 10 minutes. The 10 minute really got me going. My only problem with it has been I don't seem to be moving as fast onscreen as I am in real life. Maybe that's a perception issue, maybe it's time to replace the remote batteries.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 7th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Today's exercise fun: a 25 min or so workout with EA Sports Active 2 and about 30 min of Cardio Dance. EA Sports Active is kicking my butt. At least today wasn't one of those intensive leg workouts. I fear that's coming tomorrow, since Thursday is a rest day.
-- Albert Einstein