LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » December 19th, 2012, 11:20 pm

I'm giving gag gifts to the two colleagues that I work with the most. We share a similar warped sense of humor, so I think the gifts will be well-received. Colleague number one, a huge fan of "A Christmas Story," is getting a replica of the leg lamp. Colleague number two's gift is a t-shirt that says, "Wile E. Coyote, Genius" with a picture of Wile E. Coyote. I'm making the t-shirt myself, using a picture that I downloaded from the internet. I just finished printing the picture onto an iron-on transfer. Next step is to put it on the t-shirt. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 20th, 2012, 9:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm giving gag gifts to the two colleagues that I work with the most. We share a similar warped sense of humor, so I think the gifts will be well-received. Colleague number one, a huge fan of "A Christmas Story," is getting a replica of the leg lamp. Colleague number two's gift is a t-shirt that says, "Wile E. Coyote, Genius" with a picture of Wile E. Coyote. I'm making the t-shirt myself, using a picture that I downloaded from the internet. I just finished printing the picture onto an iron-on transfer. Next step is to put it on the t-shirt. :ymdevil:
I'd go Super Genius. :D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 20th, 2012, 9:53 pm

bjornolf wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm giving gag gifts to the two colleagues that I work with the most. We share a similar warped sense of humor, so I think the gifts will be well-received. Colleague number one, a huge fan of "A Christmas Story," is getting a replica of the leg lamp. Colleague number two's gift is a t-shirt that says, "Wile E. Coyote, Genius" with a picture of Wile E. Coyote. I'm making the t-shirt myself, using a picture that I downloaded from the internet. I just finished printing the picture onto an iron-on transfer. Next step is to put it on the t-shirt. :ymdevil:
The picture I used said "Genius" and would've been difficult to edit, so I went with it as-is. I came up with a bonus to go with the t-shirt: I made her business cards that are a replica of Wile E. Coyote's cards (Wile E. Coyote, Genius, Have Brain, Will Travel). She was somewhat amused.

The leg lamp was a huge hit. It now resides in the lab next to our million dollar instrument.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 21st, 2012, 10:29 am

My favorite bailiff came by to wish everyone Merry Christmas. It's too bad he was moving so quickly, or I'd have taken a picture of him in his Duke sweatshirt and Duke stocking cap. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 21st, 2012, 2:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My favorite bailiff came by to wish everyone Merry Christmas. It's too bad he was moving so quickly, or I'd have taken a picture of him in his Duke sweatshirt and Duke stocking cap. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
hmmm, now why would he be your favorite baliff...... :-?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 21st, 2012, 5:14 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
The picture I used said "Genius" and would've been difficult to edit, so I went with it as-is. I came up with a bonus to go with the t-shirt: I made her business cards that are a replica of Wile E. Coyote's cards (Wile E. Coyote, Genius, Have Brain, Will Travel). She was somewhat amused.

The leg lamp was a huge hit. It now resides in the lab next to our million dollar instrument.
You have a million dollar instrument? You should be proud. ;)
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 22nd, 2012, 5:49 pm

My goodness. Nothing posted here for over 24 hours.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 22nd, 2012, 8:23 pm

My thanks to CheerLeaderDaughter and dd for my special delivery today from Mr. Zoubs! :happy-bouncyblue: B-) :9f: :-BD
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 22nd, 2012, 10:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My favorite bailiff came by to wish everyone Merry Christmas. It's too bad he was moving so quickly, or I'd have taken a picture of him in his Duke sweatshirt and Duke stocking cap. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
We need a "like" button.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 22nd, 2012, 11:09 pm

Christmas cookies have been made.

I asked Mom when we started making Christmas cookies, and she said the first time "we" made them, I was two.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » December 23rd, 2012, 10:09 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Christmas cookies have been made.

I asked Mom when we started making Christmas cookies, and she said the first time "we" made them, I was two.
That is so sweet!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 23rd, 2012, 7:53 pm

48 pieces of peach french toast soaking. House, except for kitchen, is clean. There is no point in cleaning a kitchen until six lbs of bacon and those 48 pieces of toast are fried! In the 'duh' files, I noticed this summer my electric knife had a bread blade...who knew!? Between that knife. and my bread guide 48 slices was nothing'.

I think I will grab a glass of wine and sit on the porch and look at the lights.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 23rd, 2012, 9:24 pm

windsor wrote:48 pieces of peach french toast soaking. House, except for kitchen, is clean. There is no point in cleaning a kitchen until six lbs of bacon and those 48 pieces of toast are fried! In the 'duh' files, I noticed this summer my electric knife had a bread blade...who knew!? Between that knife. and my bread guide 48 slices was nothing'.

I think I will grab a glass of wine and sit on the porch and look at the lights.
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

What kind of bread do you use, Windsor? Our family chef is stuck on challah bread but has been known to branch out.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 24th, 2012, 7:08 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:48 pieces of peach french toast soaking. House, except for kitchen, is clean. There is no point in cleaning a kitchen until six lbs of bacon and those 48 pieces of toast are fried! In the 'duh' files, I noticed this summer my electric knife had a bread blade...who knew!? Between that knife. and my bread guide 48 slices was nothing'.

=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

What kind of bread do you use, Windsor? Our family chef is stuck on challah bread but has been known to branch out.
Why would anyone who has access to challah bread use anything else for French toast? It is the quintessential French toast bread! And a delicious treat all by itself! :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 24th, 2012, 10:28 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

I use French bread sliced about 1.5 inches thick. I tried challah but it over powered the peaches and did not survive the over night soak as well.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 24th, 2012, 6:30 pm

How many posts a day keeps the Doctor away?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 24th, 2012, 8:59 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:How many posts a day keeps the Doctor away?
It takes three posts to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 25th, 2012, 7:49 am

Creeping my way to a milestone.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 25th, 2012, 9:52 am

We had Challah bread last night with our traditional Polish Wigilia celebration.

What can I say? It's a New York kind of Christmas where all sorts of traditions came together to celebrate family and love.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 25th, 2012, 10:22 am

CathyCA wrote:We had Challah bread last night with our traditional Polish Wigilia celebration.

What can I say? It's a New York kind of Christmas where all sorts of traditions came together to celebrate family and love.

:9f:
Sounds fabulous!! I wanna see lots of pics! Merry Christmas!!