LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » December 6th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Lots of questions to ask about your situation VDB. Is it with all programs you use or with a specific program?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 7th, 2012, 7:19 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Our stupid defendant of the week comes to court tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping his defense attorney will talk him into pleading guilty, but the dumbass isn't known for his brain power.

He has a prosthetic leg. (He's the one I think I mentioned before that, ahem, RAN from the police. Oscar Pistorius, he is not.) Apparently he doesn't make a good podmate because one of his cellmates dropped a dime on him and told the jailers that he had pills in his underwear.

Apparently our rocket scientist smuggled his pain pills into the jail in his prosthetic leg.

I told the RevLawgrad as we were walking the dogs this morning, "I hope I"ll get out at a decent time on Friday. My stupid defendant doesn't have a leg to stand on."

It wasn't til I was on my way to work that I realized what I had said. :9f:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 7th, 2012, 9:13 am

Right click anywhere on your desktop (but not on any icon) and select properties (if you have vista or win7/8 select personalize). Look for a tab that says settings and you will see the resolution options there.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 7th, 2012, 12:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Right click anywhere on your desktop (but not on any icon) and select properties (if you have vista or win7/8 select personalize). Look for a tab that says settings and you will see the resolution options there.
I fixed it, thanks to you Chris. :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2012, 2:46 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Our stupid defendant of the week comes to court tomorrow afternoon. I am hoping his defense attorney will talk him into pleading guilty, but the dumbass isn't known for his brain power.

He has a prosthetic leg. (He's the one I think I mentioned before that, ahem, RAN from the police. Oscar Pistorius, he is not.) Apparently he doesn't make a good podmate because one of his cellmates dropped a dime on him and told the jailers that he had pills in his underwear.

Apparently our rocket scientist smuggled his pain pills into the jail in his prosthetic leg.

I told the RevLawgrad as we were walking the dogs this morning, "I hope I"ll get out at a decent time on Friday. My stupid defendant doesn't have a leg to stand on."

It wasn't til I was on my way to work that I realized what I had said. :9f:
He pleaded not guilty. He won't be bothering us for an additional year. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2012, 8:57 pm

Our heat pump had to be resuscitated today. The repair guy said a bug had shorted out the electrical system. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 7th, 2012, 11:06 pm

bjornolf wrote:
windsor wrote: It runs on 4 seperate circuits (2 20 amp, 2 30 amp), all on remote controls so we can turn it on and off from inside. The hardest part is balancing how much power is on each remote.
That's a great display. I use timers that go on at dusk and turn off six or eight hours later. I have my lights on separate timers from my airblowns because my som is in love with them and turns them on during the day. I see no reason to have the lights on during the day. I'm not a huge fan of the airblowns, but my son is completely in love with them. He even asks for them as gifts on birthdays and Christmases. We're up to about twenty now.
:text-worthless:
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 7th, 2012, 11:21 pm

My electrical issues are just poor workmanship.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 8th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Looks like the Hoyas are turning back the clock on basketball progress again. I couldn't post this on FB as I have too many Hoya friends there.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 9th, 2012, 9:41 am

Football...wrapping...tree decorating.
Busy day at Windsor Castle
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Stepdaughter decided to make homemade jam as Christmas presents, despite never having made jam before and being completely clueless in the kitchen. I wonder how much the foreclosed house across the street is going for. It may be easier to move than clean up. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 9th, 2012, 6:33 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Stepdaughter decided to make homemade jam as Christmas presents, despite never having made jam before and being completely clueless in the kitchen. I wonder how much the foreclosed house across the street is going for. It may be easier to move than clean up. :9f:
Oh no. I have made jam...I can only imagine.

Think of it as an excuse to demo/remodel the kitchen.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2012, 6:38 pm

windsor wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Stepdaughter decided to make homemade jam as Christmas presents, despite never having made jam before and being completely clueless in the kitchen. I wonder how much the foreclosed house across the street is going for. It may be easier to move than clean up. :9f:
Oh no. I have made jam...I can only imagine.

Think of it as an excuse to demo/remodel the kitchen.
Great idea. She is an interior designer at a floor covering/remodeling company. Maybe I can get a discount. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 9th, 2012, 10:00 pm

Are you brave enough to eat it? :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 9th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
No.

Anyway, I don't think I'm in line for any of it, since she is giving it away for Christmas presents. Too bad I'm not in private practice: I could attach my business card and tell people I write wills, maybe make a buck or two. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2012, 8:13 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
No.

Anyway, I don't think I'm in line for any of it, since she is giving it away for Christmas presents. Too bad I'm not in private practice: I could attach my business card and tell people I write wills, maybe make a buck or two. :9f:
You'd make more money selling the jam than you would writing wills. (Such a time suck. . .) ;)

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 10th, 2012, 5:42 pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 10th, 2012, 6:23 pm

CathyCA wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

OK, why?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 10th, 2012, 6:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

OK, why?
I bet I can guess! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 11th, 2012, 9:05 am

I can't find my set of Exacto knives. I'm sure it's exactly where I left it the last time I used them, I just don't know, or can't see under the clutter, where that is. I'm usually pretty good about putting tools/stuff back where it belongs when I take it out to use it. Guess not this time. X(
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com