LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » November 26th, 2012, 8:13 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Sasha was well-dressed for the game last night....

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 26th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Mark and Chuck each got a deer this morning. They arrived here at 6:00 AM. Deer burger is going in my freezer. Pictures are posted on FB. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 26th, 2012, 4:08 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:That is not a link to a Gangnam style video.
Then you'll LOVE this...
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/23/g ... pt=hp_bn15
Sure beats Mannheim Steamroller! ;) \:d/ \:d/
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 28th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Looking on Amazon.com for potential Christmas presents, and found this under gifts for the person who has everything...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r ... 1000621021

Gives the phrase "He/she gave me herpes" a whole new meaning, doesn't it? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 28th, 2012, 2:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Looking on Amazon.com for potential Christmas presents, and found this under gifts for the person who has everything...

Where do people get these ideas?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 29th, 2012, 12:14 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Looking on Amazon.com for potential Christmas presents, and found this under gifts for the person who has everything...

I know someone that has the brain cell. we used it in our trunk or treat Jonah and the Whale
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 29th, 2012, 12:19 am

i received several of these at a conference. A vendor was giving them out. I missed out on getting chlamydia, darn the luck. ;) :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 29th, 2012, 9:37 am

Stepdaughter asked me last night, "who would buy these things?" I mentioned her two timing ex boyfriend Zack. The light came on in her eyes. I have the feeling herpes or gonorrhea might be heading Zack's way.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 29th, 2012, 11:07 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Stepdaughter asked me last night, "who would buy these things?" I mentioned her two timing ex boyfriend Zack. The light came on in her eyes. I have the feeling herpes or gonorrhea might be heading Zack's way.
Where is the like button?
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 29th, 2012, 7:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Stepdaughter asked me last night, "who would buy these things?" I mentioned her two timing ex boyfriend Zack. The light came on in her eyes. I have the feeling herpes or gonorrhea might be heading Zack's way.
=)) =)) Perfect!!! :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 29th, 2012, 7:55 pm

:)) :)) Too funny!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Where is the like button?
CB& B-) Can you get us a "like button"? We need one. :D
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 29th, 2012, 9:39 pm

That's just crazie!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 2nd, 2012, 5:06 pm

Please send good vibes my child's way. He crashed my car into the garage foundation (it's brick) wall this afternoon.

Thankfully, the bumpers did their job, and no one is hurt. . . physically. :auto-crash:

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 2nd, 2012, 5:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:Please send good vibes my child's way. He crashed my car into the garage foundation (it's brick) wall this afternoon.

Thankfully, the bumpers did their job, and no one is hurt. . . physically. :auto-crash:

Oh my. Vibes and hugs heading his way. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2012, 7:04 pm

CathyCA wrote:Please send good vibes my child's way. He crashed my car into the garage foundation (it's brick) wall this afternoon.

Vibes for Christian! And you!!! How badly did he damage your car? And was he charged with anything? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Every new driver needs to survive their first fender-bender. I had mine in 1970 with only my learners permit driving my mom's 1968 Olds Toronado. We got rear ended, she was in the car with me. A year later, with a full license, I got rear ended in that car again. And she was rear ended in that car two or three times - very strange, considering it was a big, heavy, very visible white car. Hopefully the first accident isn't something serious, although with so many high school aged drivers killed in Johnston and Wake Counties in the last 10 years, often they are more serious.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 2nd, 2012, 7:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Vibes for Christian! And you!!! How badly did he damage your car? And was he charged with anything? }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Every new driver needs to survive their first fender-bender. I had mine in 1970 with only my learners permit driving my mom's 1968 Olds Toronado. We got rear ended, she was in the car with me. A year later, with a full license, I got rear ended in that car again. And she was rear ended in that car two or three times - very strange, considering it was a big, heavy, very visible white car. Hopefully the first accident isn't something serious, although with so many high school aged drivers killed in Johnston and Wake Counties in the last 10 years, often they are more serious.
The front bumper is smashed in and the paint is peeling off of it. I haven't detected any other damage. Fortunately, the collision was with the brick wall (and a shelving unit and Halloween decorations) and no one was hurt. I'm a little shaky, but neither of us need any medical attention.

No one is charging Christian with anything because he did it in my garage. I had grabbed the steering wheel to keep him from sideswiping the garage doorjamb as he pulled in. He reacted by hitting the "brake," which turned out to be the accelerator.

My first accident was when I drove a friend's car into my mom's car. Christian will have the same "task" that I had: he must pay for the damages to my car, just as I paid for the damages to my mom's car. Thus far, he has busied himself cleaning his room, taking out the trash, and cooking and bringing dinner to me.

My hope is that this incident has scared the reindeer poop out of him and that he will be a little more cautious in his driving. For those of you who are wondering, Christian only has 15 hours of time behind the wheel so far. He's on his first learner's permit.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 2nd, 2012, 7:51 pm

CathyCA wrote: Christian will have the same "task" that I had: he must pay for the damages to my car, just as I paid for the damages to my mom's car. Thus far, he has busied himself cleaning his room, taking out the trash, and cooking and bringing dinner to me.
He'll be your indentured servant for the rest of his life! You drive a Beamer, your mom didn't! :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 2nd, 2012, 7:59 pm

Oh my -- poor Christian and poor Mom! Vibes & hugs to all and thank heaven no one was hurt! :wizard: :ymhug:

PS: One of the perks of being the grandparent - you don't have to teach them how to drive! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 2nd, 2012, 9:49 pm

Speaking of crashes, my hard disk drive crashed during the Section 21 chat yesterday.
Ugh!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.