LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 14th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Bud, Jim and I are leaving Fri. for Kenansville. We're going to the third NC HS play off football game between James Kenan HS and Red Springs HS. GO JK!! Max will not play if the game is close but that's ok. We will leave Sat. morning for Emerald Isle Sat. morning to enjoy our time with DukePA and Stevo. Back home Sunday morning. Our friend, Bruce, will stay here with our Harley.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I know a certain couple who got their wedding thank-you notes out very quickly. :text-thankyoublue: :text-thankyouyellow:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 15th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Guess who is in Greenville tonight?

Kim Kardashian at the Marine Corps Ball at the Greenville Convention Center

Celebrities (and even non-celebrities) NEVER come to this town.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » November 16th, 2012, 6:35 am

My kitten, Mary, climbed up on the couch and curled up next to me last night as I watched BBT. One of those moments that makes it all worthwhile.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 16th, 2012, 8:06 am

YmoBeThere wrote:My kitten, Mary, climbed up on the couch and curled up next to me last night as I watched BBT. One of those moments that makes it all worthwhile.

:ymhug: :cat: :ymhug:

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 16th, 2012, 8:12 am

CathyCA wrote:Guess who is in Greenville tonight?

Kim Kardashian at the Marine Corps Ball at the Greenville Convention Center

Celebrities (and even non-celebrities) NEVER come to this town.

I knew I smelled something funny last night. :ymsick:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 17th, 2012, 8:55 am

I'm finally starting to feel semi-human after several weeks of being sick. I keep getting smacked by viruses, one after the other, aggravated by allergies. The latest round, featuring a sore throat and laryngitis, hit while I was taking Zithromax. Finally went to an urgent care clinic on Thursday, thinking I needed stronger antibiotics. The answer was prednisone.

ETA: Just tested my voice by calling my mom. I can talk above a whisper for a short period of time before coughing and then losing my voice. More rest is in order, but progress has been made!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 17th, 2012, 10:12 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm finally starting to feel semi-human after several weeks of being sick. I keep getting smacked by viruses, one after the other, aggravated by allergies. The latest round, featuring a sore throat and laryngitis, hit while I was taking Zithromax. Finally went to an urgent care clinic on Thursday, thinking I needed stronger antibiotics. The answer was prednisone.

ETA: Just tested my voice by calling my mom. I can talk above a whisper for a short period of time before coughing and then losing my voice. More rest is in order, but progress has been made!
Hope you feel better soon, AD. I've suffered laryngitis several times, and the one thing the ENT doc said was "Don't whisper!" It's worse on your vocal cords that speaking. Can you imagine ME not being able to speak? Tough to answer a phone call that way - and this was back in the late 80's when high tech communications was my fax machine... :)) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 17th, 2012, 10:26 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm finally starting to feel semi-human after several weeks of being sick. I keep getting smacked by viruses, one after the other, aggravated by allergies. The latest round, featuring a sore throat and laryngitis, hit while I was taking Zithromax. Finally went to an urgent care clinic on Thursday, thinking I needed stronger antibiotics. The answer was prednisone.

Feel better, AD! Ozzie without a voice???? Crazie!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 17th, 2012, 8:15 pm

AD, vibes that you feel better fast!

We got home around 7pm. At 1 pm PST (while we were boarding a plane in Newark), hospice came to the nursing home. FIL signed the hospice papers, then refused to speak to anyone else the rest of the day.

Hard to see a person's mind go.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 17th, 2012, 9:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:AD, vibes that you feel better fast!

We got home around 7pm. At 1 pm PST (while we were boarding a plane in Newark), hospice came to the nursing home. FIL signed the hospice papers, then refused to speak to anyone else the rest of the day.

LG - I somehow missed this news. Please know that your FIL and all the family are in my prayers. It is so hard to watch a parent age.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 17th, 2012, 9:36 pm

AD, I'm sending vibes for you to get well soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug:

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 17th, 2012, 10:15 pm

We had a great time today at DukePA and Stevo's. We saw people we hadn't seen since the last oyster roast.It was also great seeing CB&B, Julie and Ozzie. The food was awesome. The bacon dipped in chocolate was crazie. Of course, it's very healthy. :D I do love our DukePA.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 18th, 2012, 9:29 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time today at DukePA and Stevo's. We saw people we hadn't seen since the last oyster roast.It was also great seeing CB&B, Julie and Ozzie. The food was awesome. The bacon dipped in chocolate was crazie. Of course, it's very healthy. :D I do love our DukePA.

That was a great time. Julie loved the chocolate wrapped bacon. I told her it was good, but I'm not making it. :p
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » November 18th, 2012, 10:53 am

Vibes to you, LG!
:YMPRAY: :wizard:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 18th, 2012, 1:29 pm

:ymhug: :ymhug:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 18th, 2012, 4:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time today at DukePA and Stevo's. We saw people we hadn't seen since the last oyster roast.It was also great seeing CB&B, Julie and Ozzie. The food was awesome. The bacon dipped in chocolate was crazie. Of course, it's very healthy. :D I do love our DukePA.

That was a great time. Julie loved the chocolate wrapped bacon. I told her it was good, but I'm not making it. :p
:text-worthless:

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 19th, 2012, 2:36 pm

A fun day in grand jury. TigerDevil visited us this afternoon and her husband was here this morning.

We are also sharing space with a pink haired woman (not breast cancer pink, more of a strawberry pink) and Paula Deen's lookalike. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » November 19th, 2012, 6:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A fun day in grand jury. TigerDevil visited us this afternoon and her husband was here this morning.

We are also sharing space with a pink haired woman (not breast cancer pink, more of a strawberry pink) and Paula Deen's lookalike. :9f:

I'm so glad you are back to work - you provide me my laugh a day! What a hoot and I am not sure how you keep a straight face! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 20th, 2012, 6:45 am

My work provides me with a lot less humor. Basically, because we insure people's stupidity*. Some of the claims do get amusing, but too many end in very sad stories.

*Not meant pejoratively, we all do "stupid" stuff and thus the need for my employer.