LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Nobody has noticed yet.
Noticed what?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2009, 7:39 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Noticed what?
I noticed Ozzie didn't notice what I didn't notice.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2009, 7:40 pm

That's it. I'm painting now.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2009, 7:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Noticed what?
Exactly what I noticed. And I did it without a string of =)) =)) =)) =)) :lol:

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 14th, 2009, 8:08 pm

I beat you both to the not noticing punch line.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2009, 10:42 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, the archive is closed today, and I was going to sit on the beach and drink Kronenbourg in honor of Bastille Day. But as of right now, it's rather gray, and this afternoon's forecast calls for thunderstorms. So, for now, I'm just interwebbing and watching the Cosby Show. Maybe I'll storm a prison later on.
Question re: Kronenbourg: I distinctly recall it being the cheap stuff in France (I drank it on plenty a Friday afternoon as a 15 year-old :-o ). But here, it clocks in just south of nine bucks for a six-pack.
Does this mean that Busch Light qualifies as premium brew in Europe?
I don't think that would qualify as a premium brew anywhere on this planet... :oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2009, 10:43 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, the archive is closed today, and I was going to sit on the beach and drink Kronenbourg in honor of Bastille Day. But as of right now, it's rather gray, and this afternoon's forecast calls for thunderstorms. So, for now, I'm just interwebbing and watching the Cosby Show. Maybe I'll storm a prison later on.
Question re: Kronenbourg: I distinctly recall it being the cheap stuff in France (I drank it on plenty a Friday afternoon as a 15 year-old :-o ). But here, it clocks in just south of nine bucks for a six-pack.
Does this mean that Busch Light qualifies as premium brew in Europe?
I've got a few other suggestions at just under $9 for a 6er that you might like better...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2009, 10:46 pm

bjornolf wrote:I'm goin' to shoot my old lady cause I caught her messin' round with another man.

%%-
Nevermind, I'm catching up. Happy to know your safe Mrs. Bjornolf.
I got LOTS of catching up to do as far as DD and bjornolf go. I remember in a distant past when I was the top PW.
I was wondering when you'd notice... ;)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2009, 10:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Noticed what?
I noticed that, too. :oops: :roll:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 15th, 2009, 6:53 am

devildeac wrote:I noticed that, too. :oops: :roll:
So when will someone notice what we are supposed to notice?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 15th, 2009, 7:46 am

No idea. I'm as confused as everyone else. Probably more so.

When I was in high school, a LOT of people were fans of older music, especially from the 60's and 70's (I went to a boarding school in Cali...about half the students were into modern early 90's music, the other half were into the 60's, 70's, 80's, or some combination thereof). Being the only guy in my school that went by "Joe" (we got another Joe when I was a Junior, but the joke had worn off by then), I'd often be walking around the halls and someone, almost always one of a particular group of upper classmen, would suddenly say "Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?" I didn't know what it meant the first time I heard it, but luckily, one of my friends who was a big Hendrix fan was with me when it happened. He whispered to me what to respond, then played me the song later that night. It became kind of a joke, and I heard it so much over the next couple years 'til those guys graduated that I just automatically respond, even now, in typed form, when I hear, or read, that. It's become kind of a Pavlovian response. :o3

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 15th, 2009, 10:27 am

bjornolf wrote:No idea. I'm as confused as everyone else. Probably more so.

When I was in high school, a LOT of people were fans of older music, especially from the 60's and 70's (I went to a boarding school in Cali...about half the students were into modern early 90's music, the other half were into the 60's, 70's, 80's, or some combination thereof). Being the only guy in my school that went by "Joe" (we got another Joe when I was a Junior, but the joke had worn off by then), I'd often be walking around the halls and someone, almost always one of a particular group of upper classmen, would suddenly say "Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?" I didn't know what it meant the first time I heard it, but luckily, one of my friends who was a big Hendrix fan was with me when it happened. He whispered to me what to respond, then played me the song later that night. It became kind of a joke, and I heard it so much over the next couple years 'til those guys graduated that I just automatically respond, even now, in typed form, when I hear, or read, that. It's become kind of a Pavlovian response. :o3

%%-
I'm not a big Hendrix fan, although 60's and 70's music is what I listen to. So what does it mean and what was the right answer? Which Hendrix song?

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 15th, 2009, 12:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:No idea. I'm as confused as everyone else. Probably more so.

%%-
I'm not a big Hendrix fan, although 60's and 70's music is what I listen to. So what does it mean and what was the right answer? Which Hendrix song?
Oh, sorry, i forgot to hit the quote button. This is in response to the little exchange that took place on the last page. DA typed the first line from the song "Hey, Joe" by Hendrix. I just automatically typed in the response, "I'm goin' to shoot my old lady, cause i caught her messin' around with another man". I think it was CB&B that said he was worried about my wife after reading that. I then explained it was from the Hendrix song. I then just wanted to relay that anecdote from my high school days, but I forgot to hit the Quote button from that exchange, so it kind of got out of context. Sorry Ozzie.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 15th, 2009, 12:16 pm

After DD's comment... were we supposed to notice that you passed CB&B or something? Sorry, I can't keep straight who's in which place, so I wasn't sure about that. CB&B and DD's comments made me think that was it. Is that it?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 15th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Thanks.

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 15th, 2009, 12:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Thanks.
No prob, Bob. I mean Ozzie. ;) (THAT'S from Bob the Builder, for those of you that don't have small kids.)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 15th, 2009, 12:38 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
What, no Stella Artois?
Stella isn't French; it's Belgian.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 15th, 2009, 12:39 pm

wilson wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:
What, no Stella Artois?
Stella isn't French; it's Belgian.
It's also supremely overrated.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 15th, 2009, 1:53 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote: Stella isn't French; it's Belgian.
It's also supremely overrated.
Considering how many wonderful Belgian brews there are out there, would you not consider it to be the Belgian version of Bud/Bud Light? ;)

Oh wait... I thought this was the Ymm, Beer thread! :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 15th, 2009, 2:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I did the UK when I was about 12 or so with my family; a vacation I'll never forget.

Well it used to be the centre of the universe and, as far as I am concerned, still is. If I could find a job over there (not that I'm actively looking) I would go back tomorrow. I would absolutely love to sell up and move back home to Scotland. Then again, I'd also move to England in a heartbeat.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------