Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 10:18 am

YmoBeThere wrote:We need more posting!
Here is a more post.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 28th, 2012, 10:28 am

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:We need more posting!
Here is a more post.
I second that.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 28th, 2012, 10:45 am

I think I need a post whore refresher course. Shame on me :(
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 11:21 am

I go for follicle shortening and chemical hue enhancement tomorrow.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 11:23 am

...and I feel a post storm coming on....
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 11:28 am

I have been on conference calls for the last 3 hours...I have 30 minutes to go before I actually get an hour break. I have 2 more hours this afternoon. The joys of a team that is spread out across the country.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 11:43 am

My co-workers is one more "whine and complain" away from feeling the wrath of Windsor.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 11:44 am

windsor wrote:My co-workers is one more "whine and complain" away from feeling the wrath of Windsor.

I almost made her(him) cry yesterday at lunch when I essentially said 'grow up and get over it' in response to a long whine about they way we do things at this company...and I wasn't trying to be nasty. Heaven knows what will happen if I really try.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 28th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Today's lunch topic: Her older brothers picked on her. Raise your hand if you had older siblings and did NOT get picked on .... uh huh, that's what I thought.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm

The iPhone5 has landed.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 28th, 2012, 4:58 pm

windsor wrote:Today's lunch topic: Her older brothers picked on her. Raise your hand if you had older siblings and did NOT get picked on .... uh huh, that's what I thought.
Cry me a river. I didn't even have older siblings, but there were older cousins, older kids in the neighborhood, on the school bus, etc. etc. etc.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 28th, 2012, 8:27 pm

windsor wrote:Today's lunch topic: Her older brothers picked on her. Raise your hand if you had older siblings and did NOT get picked on .... uh huh, that's what I thought.
Isn't it really more of a question of at what age did the getting picked on stop? For me, it was around 6th or 7th grade.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2012, 7:05 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Isn't it really more of a question of at what age did the getting picked on stop? For me, it was around 6th or 7th grade.
For me it was 7th grade, the first year I made the school football team. Before that, I mostly got picked on over the size of my mother. Got in a few fights over that. Oddly, after I started laying people out on the field, the picking stopped.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 29th, 2012, 11:02 am

bjornolf wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
For me it was 7th grade, the first year I made the school football team. Before that, I mostly got picked on over the size of my mother. Got in a few fights over that. Oddly, after I started laying people out on the field, the picking stopped.
B-) B-) B-) B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 29th, 2012, 12:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Cry me a river. I didn't even have older siblings, but there were older cousins, older kids in the neighborhood, on the school bus, etc. etc. etc.
But pity the non-family member that picked on me. The wrath of siblings ensued.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 29th, 2012, 4:15 pm

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 29th, 2012, 4:53 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
That must mean a four and one start to the season.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 29th, 2012, 5:41 pm

We had errands in WS this morning that lasted WAY into the afternoon.

We ate-late-at La Botana, a Mexican restaurant in WS. I remembered as we pulled into the parking lot that the last time we were there, we beat NCSU at football.

Apparently La Botana is good luck.

Viva La Botana!
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 30th, 2012, 11:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:We had errands in WS this morning that lasted WAY into the afternoon.

We ate-late-at La Botana, a Mexican restaurant in WS. I remembered as we pulled into the parking lot that the last time we were there, we beat NCSU at football.

Apparently La Botana is good luck.

Viva La Botana!
Hmmm...does that mean we know where you'll be eating every Saturday?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 30th, 2012, 3:55 pm

bjornolf wrote:RIP to Andy Williams. I always loved his voice. :wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: to his family.
Donny paid tribute to Andy Williams on Thursday night. He said, "I've always loved this song, but I never performed it because it was Andy's song. Tonight, I perform it in memory of my mentor, Andy Williams." The video screens played clips of performances with Andy Williams and the Osmonds. Donny performed the song flawlessly, although he got choked up when he introduced it.

Marie sang "Pie Jesu" from Andrew Lloyd Weber's "Requiem" in memory of Andy Williams. She cried when she talked about Andy Williams, but she sang the song like a pro. She hit a high G above the staff. (I had no idea that kind of range.)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith