LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » September 18th, 2012, 12:54 am

AD - glad to hear your Dad's surgery went well. I hope he heals quickly and the pain goes away.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 18th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Y'all will love this. I received an email today from a former coworker that I have, in the past, referred to as Blustery. Blustery wanted some help with analysis he's trying to perform for ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! Can you believe the chutzpah?! I'm trying to decide the appropriate diplomatic wording for "No way in hell."
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 19th, 2012, 1:16 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Y'all will love this. I received an email today from a former coworker that I have, in the past, referred to as Blustery. Blustery wanted some help with analysis he's trying to perform for ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! Can you believe the chutzpah?! I'm trying to decide the appropriate diplomatic wording for "No way in hell."
Try "FO and D"
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 19th, 2012, 7:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Y'all will love this. I received an email today from a former coworker that I have, in the past, referred to as Blustery. Blustery wanted some help with analysis he's trying to perform for ... wait for it ... Pushy PI! Can you believe the chutzpah?! I'm trying to decide the appropriate diplomatic wording for "No way in hell."
Asshole rule in play. FO and D, while satisfying makes you the asshole. Offer up a tidbit or two of assistance, apologize that you really can't help him more than that without stepping on toes (or whatever excuse you can create) then point him to someone at the lab and let him know that they are 'more than capable'. Bonus points if you send him to The Minion and she f's it up.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2012, 2:35 pm

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

I am attempting to find a 2013 firefighter calendar for the office, um, reading room. Who knew looking at all these six packs would be so stressful. I may have to lie down, or I may have to table the search until a little later in the year. Apparently more firefighter calendars need to be perused when they become available.

AD, the gentlemen from Houston are currently in the lead, along with the Firefighters of New York (not the official FDNY calendar). Both are raising money for burn victims.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 19th, 2012, 4:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

I am attempting to find a 2013 firefighter calendar for the office, um, reading room. Who knew looking at all these six packs would be so stressful. I may have to lie down, or I may have to table the search until a little later in the year. Apparently more firefighter calendars need to be perused when they become available.

AD, the gentlemen from Houston are currently in the lead, along with the Firefighters of New York (not the official FDNY calendar). Both are raising money for burn victims.
If you need an additional opinion, I will step up to the plate and volunteer. I wouldn't want you to overstress yourself.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 19th, 2012, 8:58 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

If you need an additional opinion, I will step up to the plate and volunteer. I wouldn't want you to overstress yourself.
We decided to table the job for a month or so. Several websites said their calendars would be out in mid-October.

I am a firm believer in second opinions, DinK. When decision time gets closer, I will PM you websites.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 19th, 2012, 10:03 pm

windsor wrote:
Asshole rule in play. FO and D, while satisfying makes you the asshole. Offer up a tidbit or two of assistance, apologize that you really can't help him more than that without stepping on toes (or whatever excuse you can create) then point him to someone at the lab and let him know that they are 'more than capable'. Bonus points if you send him to The Minion and she f's it up.
Blustery sent me data files; he wanted me to download them at this end and see if I could open them in a particular software package that we both have. I didn't outright refuse to do it, but I answered his question without even downloading the files he sent. I feel that I've already expended far too much energy on Pushy PI and The Minion. I very nicely gave him general technical tips and did not spend a lot of time on it. The software he's using won't upload Pushy PI's data files. I was really tempted to ask if the software has an automated BS detector. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 21st, 2012, 6:54 am

No BS here, we passed 120,000 posts in Our House.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 21st, 2012, 7:41 am

Well, I don't get to this thread much. Guess I have to change my ways! Lots of action here! Vibes to your dad, AD and bless his heart! Glad to see Windsor's still on the job with her WWWD column. WW WE do withOUT W?

Glad to see you are all alive and well!

Nuther beautiful football day in Wallace Wade tomorrow. I wish you guys could be with us.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 21st, 2012, 8:13 am

YmoBeThere wrote:No BS here, we passed 120,000 posts in Our House.
Yay! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :dance:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 21st, 2012, 10:29 am

Random thought:

I am so glad we refrain from Public Policy (aka:religion/politics et al) discusions over here. I have blocked the newsfeed from half my facebook friends. Living in a 'swing' state, I have given up live TV and watch everything on DVR so I can use the fast foward button. I am sending e-mails straight to the deleted folder. I am just OVER IT!

I may not make it to Nov. without smacking someone.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » September 21st, 2012, 10:56 am

windsor wrote:Random thought:

I am so glad we refrain from Public Policy (aka:religion/politics et al) discusions over here.
AMEN.

I'm not in a swing state and don't watch TV anyways and I still want to smack people--mostly on facebook.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 21st, 2012, 11:39 am

bluebutton wrote:

I am so glad we refrain from Public Policy (aka:religion/politics et al) discusions over here.
AMEN.

I'm not in a swing state and don't watch TV anyways and I still want to smack people--mostly on facebook.
Which is why I have dropped a bunch of people from my newsfeed (kept them as friends...for now lol) - and click on the side bar adds for <insert name of candiate that makes me want to hurl> and mark them as 'offensive' or 'not my views'...and I have been reasonabley successful in giving my wall a religion and <insert name of candiate that makes me want to hurl>-ectomy.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » September 21st, 2012, 12:49 pm

Can I have another AMEN?! ^:)^ What saddens me is that so many of the folks I really, really like keep bombarding me with this junk. I posted and warned them all that I was having to block them since my blood pressure is getting out of hand. Many of them wrote back saying they agreed with me, copied me on their own pages --- then kept right on posting. :-@ :facepalm2:

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2012, 1:38 pm

I am so glad we refrain from Public Policy (aka:religion/politics et al) discusions over here. I have blocked the newsfeed from half my facebook friends. Living in a 'swing' state, I have given up live TV and watch everything on DVR so I can use the fast foward button. I am sending e-mails straight to the deleted folder. I am just OVER IT!

Not everyone refrains over here. That is why we have an ignore button.

I am much happier with some 10% of my FB feed blocked.

What is so funny is that these people have no idea that the reason we're still friends is because I'm not paying any attention to their passionate postings.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 21st, 2012, 3:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:

What is so funny is that these people have no idea that the reason we're still friends is because I'm not paying any attention to their passionate postings.

I am honored that I am not 'ignored' :D :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 21st, 2012, 6:37 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Ignore you and miss out on your wisdom? Not a chance!

:-*

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 21st, 2012, 9:28 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

If this were survivor, Windsor, you'd be one of the last couple of people I'd ignore of every member of this board. :D
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 21st, 2012, 10:21 pm

As most of you know, I am very politically active on Facebook. I'm really glad that those of you who aren't have taken me off of your news feed. I really don't want to piss anyone off, but I cannot ignore the situation our country is in. Facebook has enabled me to become locally and nationally active in causes I'm passionate about. I just want everyone to have a fair shot at the American dream. We The People! Go DUKE!