LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 3rd, 2012, 9:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: Thoughts?
If it doesn't impact the collaborator too negatively, I'd follow PHB's lead and conveniently not be there either. After all, you have to meet with your realtor, and maybe get your hair done. Nails too. If he can't be there, you're not getting paid to. :-o Give him a taste of his own medicine! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 3rd, 2012, 9:27 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm visiting St. Louis next weekend to re-list my condo and also to visit with a foreign collaborator who will be in town. I thought I'd be in a single meeting to talk about revisions on a manuscript. However, I received an email over the weekend from PHB, saying that he'll be out of town and that other lab personnel will be assisting me and our collaborator. This annoys me on multiple levels. First off, our collaborator has been planning this visit for, literally, months. Why does PHB suddenly decide to go out of town? (Note that the announcement of his absence came after I said I was coming. Coincidence?) Talk about rude. Secondly, I don't work for PHB any more, and it's presumptuous of him to think that I'm going to stay there the whole time and work on these experiments. I have other things to do, and last time I checked, he's not paying me anything to come there and do his job. Methinks it's time to send him a polite little note and remind him of point number two. Thoughts?
I suggest a new title. PHFB (Pin Headed Former Boss), in place of PHB. This may make you feel better when discussing him.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 3rd, 2012, 9:39 pm

Spent the afternoon power washing the front of my house. My S.I.L. was an enormous help, doing all the ladder climbing and cleaner spraying (anyone ever use Jo-Max? Good stuff.) We still have to do the side and back, which both have 2nd floor siding above first floor brick walls, which don't need to be washed. Well, actually, I did wash some of the bricks over the deck to get some of the black crud off them, and power washed the deck and a small part of the driveway too. Lot's more to do later in the week when our schedules allow.

After a much needed shower, 2 beers and grilled pork chops for dinner, I was sitting here at my desk looking at CB&B's Facebook photos from yesterday, when I got a cramp at the back bottom of my left thigh, just above the knee. Oh, God, it was killer. And it lasted through several minutes of stretching it out, and then the other leg cramped in the same spot! I can understand our players getting leg cramps last night, but me, 2 hours after the activity? Sheesh!

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2012, 10:18 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: Thoughts?
If it doesn't impact the collaborator too negatively, I'd follow PHB's lead and conveniently not be there either. After all, you have to meet with your realtor, and maybe get your hair done. Nails too. If he can't be there, you're not getting paid to. :-o Give him a taste of his own medicine! B-)
Good call, Ozzie. I'll schedule all sorts of important things to do and will only be available for one meeting. That, and lunch with my former colleagues. All were invited except NuBarbie. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2012, 10:19 pm

captmojo wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm visiting St. Louis next weekend to re-list my condo and also to visit with a foreign collaborator who will be in town. I thought I'd be in a single meeting to talk about revisions on a manuscript. However, I received an email over the weekend from PHB, saying that he'll be out of town and that other lab personnel will be assisting me and our collaborator. This annoys me on multiple levels. First off, our collaborator has been planning this visit for, literally, months. Why does PHB suddenly decide to go out of town? (Note that the announcement of his absence came after I said I was coming. Coincidence?) Talk about rude. Secondly, I don't work for PHB any more, and it's presumptuous of him to think that I'm going to stay there the whole time and work on these experiments. I have other things to do, and last time I checked, he's not paying me anything to come there and do his job. Methinks it's time to send him a polite little note and remind him of point number two. Thoughts?
I suggest a new title. PHFB (Pin Headed Former Boss), in place of PHB. This may make you feel better when discussing him.
PHFB! I like it! :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Spent the afternoon power washing the front of my house. My S.I.L. was an enormous help, doing all the ladder climbing and cleaner spraying (anyone ever use Jo-Max? Good stuff.) We still have to do the side and back, which both have 2nd floor siding above first floor brick walls, which don't need to be washed. Well, actually, I did wash some of the bricks over the deck to get some of the black crud off them, and power washed the deck and a small part of the driveway too. Lot's more to do later in the week when our schedules allow.

After a much needed shower, 2 beers and grilled pork chops for dinner, I was sitting here at my desk looking at CB&B's Facebook photos from yesterday, when I got a cramp at the back bottom of my left thigh, just above the knee. Oh, God, it was killer. And it lasted through several minutes of stretching it out, and then the other leg cramped in the same spot! I can understand our players getting leg cramps last night, but me, 2 hours after the activity? Sheesh!
You sure has a productive day today. I've also used Jo-Max to clean siding; it's definitely great stuff. :wizard: for no more leg cramps.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 4th, 2012, 6:58 am

Phew, I finally got back. I've been staring at the remodeling screen at the front of CTN, and I didn't realize I could still get to the forums until this morning. Stupid formatting on my ipad made me miss it. Yea, I'll blame it on that instead of my own :o) .
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 4th, 2012, 7:48 am

ArkieDukie wrote: However, I received an email over the weekend from PHB, saying that he'll be out of town and that other lab personnel will be assisting me and our collaborator. This annoys me on multiple levels. First off, our collaborator has been planning this visit for, literally, months. Why does PHB suddenly decide to go out of town? (
I would send him a polite e-mail letting him know that 'assistance' from lab personnel will not be needed, as your schedule will only allow you to attend the single meeting (and lunch of course). Ask nicely who the collaborator will be working with so you can make sure introductions are made. Is this the same collaborator you got on well with before (french maybe..if memory serves)? You may decide (for the the sake of the collaborator) to spend more time int he lab but I would let PHFB think you'll be at the meeting and that's it. Let him scramble.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 4th, 2012, 7:49 pm

bjornolf wrote:Phew, I finally got back. I've been staring at the remodeling screen at the front of CTN, and I didn't realize I could still get to the forums until this morning. Stupid formatting on my ipad made me miss it. Yea, I'll blame it on that instead of my own :o) .
You mean Apple isn't perfect?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 6th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I chatted with a potential new realtor this evening. I liked everything he had to say. I'm trying to resist the urge to simply sign a contract with him when I'm in town - I'm that confident that he'll get the job done. Online reviews of him are extremely positive.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2012, 10:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I chatted with a potential new realtor this evening. I liked everything he had to say. I'm trying to resist the urge to simply sign a contract with him when I'm in town - I'm that confident that he'll get the job done. Online reviews of him are extremely positive.
Are you going to interview other realtors? If not, go with your gut.

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 8th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Wake wins...yay! (Sorry holes, not every team can be as bad as Elon) :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 8th, 2012, 8:20 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Wake wins...yay! (Sorry holes, not every team can be as bad as Elon) :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
I was very quietly ecstatic!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 10th, 2012, 9:33 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I chatted with a potential new realtor this evening. I liked everything he had to say. I'm trying to resist the urge to simply sign a contract with him when I'm in town - I'm that confident that he'll get the job done. Online reviews of him are extremely positive.
The gut said to go with this guy. He says that my condo can be sold and that my former realtor squandered a prime opportunity with poor marketing. I tend to agree with him. New guy is into staging, online video tours, and lots of pictures. The existing pictures were of poor quality and did not highlight a few of my condo's great features. Description didn't do it any favors, either. Basically, we lost people at the point where they looked at the pictures online. This guy tends to move things quickly. Hopefully he'll work his magic for my place as well.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 10th, 2012, 9:36 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
The gut said to go with this guy. He says that my condo can be sold and that my former realtor squandered a prime opportunity with poor marketing. I tend to agree with him. New guy is into staging, online video tours, and lots of pictures. The existing pictures were of poor quality and did not highlight a few of my condo's great features. Description didn't do it any favors, either. Basically, we lost people at the point where they looked at the pictures online. This guy tends to move things quickly. Hopefully he'll work his magic for my place as well.
He says all the right words. If he performs, it's a good decision! :wizard:

IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » September 10th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Mr. ID just handed me a piece of paper and had the word EXHAUSTIPATED printed in very large letters on it. He explains it is a new word for our vocabulary and will be especially useful to us as we age....Just too tired to give a shit! :D Just a small example of why there is never a dull moment at the ID house!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 10th, 2012, 7:12 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Mr. ID just handed me a piece of paper and had the word EXHAUSTIPATED printed in very large letters on it. He explains it is a new word for our vocabulary and will be especially useful to us as we age....Just too tired to give a shit! :D Just a small example of why there is never a dull moment at the ID house!
=))

I thought it was going to mean you're exhausted from TRYING to shit... :))

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 12th, 2012, 8:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

I hope this realtor has the magic touch and your condo sells soonest! :wizard: :wizard:

So - how was lunch with the old lab mates? Inquiring minds want to know!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 12th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Lunch was fun. PHFB was out of town, and NuBarbie didn't come.

I did run into The Minion, completely by accident. She saw me and said, "You're back. What are you doing here?" I answered politely and was on my way as quickly as possible. If I had been quicker on my feet, it would've been fun to tell her that I had come to meet with the Research Integrity office. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 13th, 2012, 8:14 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Lunch was fun. PHFB was out of town, and NuBarbie didn't come.

I did run into The Minion, completely by accident. She saw me and said, "You're back. What are you doing here?" I answered politely and was on my way as quickly as possible. If I had been quicker on my feet, it would've been fun to tell her that I had come to meet with the Research Integrity office. :ymdevil:

That would have been an awesome response. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Yeah for the lunch! :tease: :tease: to NuBarbie and The Minion.

So glad you are outta there!