Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » August 22nd, 2012, 8:55 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I just found out that the person PHB hired to replace me has already left, as of a couple of weeks ago. He lasted for less than 6 months. =)) :ymdevil:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... See Ya! =)) :)) =))
Quite frankly, I'm stunned - and somewhat amused at the same time. I seriously thought the guy that replaced me would be a lifer; he's a local and has family in St. Louis. However, he got a better job offer.

In all fairness, PHB did this guy a favor. His former boss fired him because he barely worked, according to my sources. PHB went out of his way to make sure the guy's Wash U employee benefits didn't reflect his termination. That's a big deal, considering that the guy has at least one child that's in college. I had heard that the guy was doing an okay job and was working out well. Either that's not entirely true and he didn't last for the 3-month trial period, or he hosed PHB.
or he had a much lower tolerance for Minions and Pushy PIs than you did!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 22nd, 2012, 3:37 pm

In probation and sentencing court today.

The last defendant had a drug class certificate signed by Eula Leak.

Sounds like a geriatric medical condition.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2012, 10:03 pm

And the winner is ...
"In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. The choir director wanted to do "You'll Never Walk Alone." No way I'm going to argue that one. Everyone liked my suggestion of "It's a Grand Night for Singing" as a big group opening number.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 23rd, 2012, 8:27 am

lawgrad91 wrote:In probation and sentencing court today.

The last defendant had a drug class certificate signed by Eula Leak.

Sounds like a geriatric medical condition.

I am hardwired for geekdom. When I see Eula I think End User License Agreement.
:-B
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » August 23rd, 2012, 4:37 pm

Almost exactly a YEAR after we turned in our 2010 tax returns we got our refund and $380 in interest.

No explanation, just a check.

At this point we're just thrilled to have our money back in our hands. But really, it was miserable for a good six months getting the run around about what was happening and when we were going to see our money. (Apparently, someone used my maiden name & SSN to file a tax return.)

We adjusted our witholdings this year so we should have a smaller disparity between what we owe and what we paid in.

Bittersweet, but frankly, I'll take it. We've been hit with odd expense after expense this summer.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 23rd, 2012, 4:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:And the winner is ...
"In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. The choir director wanted to do "You'll Never Walk Alone." No way I'm going to argue that one. Everyone liked my suggestion of "It's a Grand Night for Singing" as a big group opening number.
Choir director, no doubt, must be a fan of Liverpool Football Club. ;)
YNWA!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 23rd, 2012, 6:59 pm

From the weirdness files: one of my coworkers at the new gig (she started the same day I did) we'll c all her WhoYa, was making a big production today about hauling her suitcase sized purse to the ladies room not once, not twice but four times because her "supplies" were in there - she would 'forget' it at first and have to come back for it with great flourish. There was great moaning over being 'bloated' this time of the month. Normally I would file this under TMI....but wait there is more! WhoYa has a bad boob job (the girls are too far apart and waaay to high for someone north of 40). She has a triangular torso, large hands, a deep voice and an Adams apple...and no 'footprint' under her name before 2005. She also has complained our insurance does not cover certain pricey meds she needs. Combining her appearance with several tidbits of information she has let slip and it is the world's worst kept secret that WhoYa is transgender. I do not care one wit if her birth certificate said boy/girl/other but it is painfully obvious that she has no always been 'she' and while I have no idea how complete her transition is she does not have a 'time of the month' . She tries so hard to 'act' female she just embarrasses herself. I feel bad for her..I am sure she would be humiliated if she knew how obvious it was that she has reassigned her gender but I am real close to telling her 'everyone knows, no one cares...just be you and quit trying so f-ing hard'.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 23rd, 2012, 7:50 pm

windsor wrote:From the weirdness files: one of my coworkers at the new gig (she started the same day I did) we'll c all her WhoYa, was making a big production today about hauling her suitcase sized purse to the ladies room not once, not twice but four times because her "supplies" were in there - she would 'forget' it at first and have to come back for it with great flourish. There was great moaning over being 'bloated' this time of the month. Normally I would file this under TMI....but wait there is more! WhoYa has a bad boob job (the girls are too far apart and waaay to high for someone north of 40). She has a triangular torso, large hands, a deep voice and an Adams apple...and no 'footprint' under her name before 2005. She also has complained our insurance does not cover certain pricey meds she needs. Combining her appearance with several tidbits of information she has let slip and it is the world's worst kept secret that WhoYa is transgender. I do not care one wit if her birth certificate said boy/girl/other but it is painfully obvious that she has no always been 'she' and while I have no idea how complete her transition is she does not have a 'time of the month' . She tries so hard to 'act' female she just embarrasses herself. I feel bad for her..I am sure she would be humiliated if she knew how obvious it was that she has reassigned her gender but I am real close to telling her 'everyone knows, no one cares...just be you and quit trying so f-ing hard'.
I believe this sounds like something windsor would do. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 23rd, 2012, 8:19 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:From the weirdness files: one of my coworkers at the new gig (she started the same day I did) we'll c all her WhoYa, was making a big production today about hauling her suitcase sized purse to the ladies room not once, not twice but four times because her "supplies" were in there - she would 'forget' it at first and have to come back for it with great flourish. There was great moaning over being 'bloated' this time of the month. Normally I would file this under TMI....but wait there is more! WhoYa has a bad boob job (the girls are too far apart and waaay to high for someone north of 40). She has a triangular torso, large hands, a deep voice and an Adams apple...and no 'footprint' under her name before 2005. She also has complained our insurance does not cover certain pricey meds she needs. Combining her appearance with several tidbits of information she has let slip and it is the world's worst kept secret that WhoYa is transgender. I do not care one wit if her birth certificate said boy/girl/other but it is painfully obvious that she has no always been 'she' and while I have no idea how complete her transition is she does not have a 'time of the month' . She tries so hard to 'act' female she just embarrasses herself. I feel bad for her..I am sure she would be humiliated if she knew how obvious it was that she has reassigned her gender but I am real close to telling her 'everyone knows, no one cares...just be you and quit trying so f-ing hard'.
I believe this sounds like something windsor would do. :D
=)) Windsor, I think that after she gets over "her" initial embarrassment, WhoYa would be very grateful to you for telling her that! Do it!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 24th, 2012, 4:50 am

Or you could really mess with her and take her aside and say "Oh, sweetie, you can quit faking it... We all know you're much too old to still be having your monthly."
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 24th, 2012, 8:09 am

bjornolf wrote:Or you could really mess with her and take her aside and say "Oh, sweetie, you can quit faking it... We all know you're much too old to still be having your monthly."

Anybody know a good way to get coffee spew off a monitor and out of a keyboard?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 24th, 2012, 8:48 am

windsor wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Or you could really mess with her and take her aside and say "Oh, sweetie, you can quit faking it... We all know you're much too old to still be having your monthly."

Anybody know a good way to get coffee spew off a monitor and out of a keyboard?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Orange juice, too. =)) :)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2012, 9:31 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Or you could really mess with her and take her aside and say "Oh, sweetie, you can quit faking it... We all know you're much too old to still be having your monthly."
=)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2012, 9:36 pm

I received an email today from the music director at our church, announcing his resignation. The impression I got from his message is that it's effective immediately. There was no hint of this whatsoever on Wednesday night at choir rehearsal. Pretty stunning.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2012, 9:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I received an email today from the music director at our church, announcing his resignation. The impression I got from his message is that it's effective immediately. There was no hint of this whatsoever on Wednesday night at choir rehearsal. Pretty stunning.
Why did he resign?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 25th, 2012, 9:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I received an email today from the music director at our church, announcing his resignation. The impression I got from his message is that it's effective immediately. There was no hint of this whatsoever on Wednesday night at choir rehearsal. Pretty stunning.
I smell a scandal avoidance maneuver here. Who'd he sleep with? What drugs did he do? :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2012, 9:55 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I smell a scandal avoidance maneuver here. Who'd he sleep with? What drugs did he do? :ymdevil:
Is he transgender?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2012, 9:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Why did he resign?

Because "You'll Never Walk Alone" was not chosen? ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 25th, 2012, 10:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
That's my first thought, too.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2012, 10:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Why did he resign?

No clue. The letter was very vague.
-- Albert Einstein