LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 12th, 2012, 11:21 pm

I'll second what Cathy said, Ymo.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 13th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Merlin looks like Frankenstein-dog. He has 8 staples in his nose.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 13th, 2012, 10:27 pm

The stepdaughter is on a cleaning frenzy. I was ok with it until she decided to organize the bookshelves automatically. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 14th, 2012, 11:05 pm

My trip to Kenansville was very good. My friend, Mae, was having a good day. I stayed with her until she started getting sleepy, about 45 minutes. I then went into town and had a nice visit with Max. He appears to have grown taller since I last saw him. His first season football game is this week. I hate I'll miss it. Jake and I had a nice dinner and visit. He is going to pick me up in the morning for breakfast.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 15th, 2012, 9:08 am

lawgrad91 wrote:The stepdaughter is on a cleaning frenzy. I was ok with it until she decided to organize the bookshelves automatically. :9f:

You can send her to my house if this frenzy gets too overwhelming! :D I need all the help I can get!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2012, 6:04 pm

My Son-in-Law is a friggin' genius! As I've mentioned, he wants to become an engineer instead of a music teacher, that's part of why they moved here from the mountains. As a music major in college, he took the "easy" math and science classes, not the "real" classes, like calculus, that engineers would take. So to get the prerequisites taken care of, he's going to JCC for a year before enrolling at NC State next year, planning to get his BSE in 2 years there. But the first task was to take the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test for calculus 1 at JCC, so he would not have to take pre-calculus and calculus 1, basically wasting a year. So he taught himself calculus, using a text book he bought at Barnes & Noble, over the last month. And no, he neither asked me for help nor could I have given him any, it being since the fall of 1976 since I looked at a calculus book.

Anyway, he took the CLEP test today for calculus, and he PASSED! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: The guidance folks at JCC were amazed weeks ago when he wanted to take it, and flabbergasted today when he passed it. B-) So his fall schedule will be Calculus 2, Chemistry and Physics, both with labs.

Congratulations Patrick! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :-BD
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2012, 7:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My Son-in-Law is a friggin' genius! As I've mentioned, he wants to become an engineer instead of a music teacher, that's part of why they moved here from the mountains. As a music major in college, he took the "easy" math and science classes, not the "real" classes, like calculus, that engineers would take. So to get the prerequisites taken care of, he's going to JCC for a year before enrolling at NC State next year, planning to get his BSE in 2 years there. But the first task was to take the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test for calculus 1 at JCC, so he would not have to take pre-calculus and calculus 1, basically wasting a year. So he taught himself calculus, using a text book he bought at Barnes & Noble, over the last month. And no, he neither asked me for help nor could I have given him any, it being since the fall of 1976 since I looked at a calculus book.

Anyway, he took the CLEP test today for calculus, and he PASSED! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: The guidance folks at JCC were amazed weeks ago when he wanted to take it, and flabbergasted today when he passed it. B-) So his fall schedule will be Calculus 2, Chemistry and Physics, both with labs.

Congratulations Patrick! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^ :-BD
Day-umm, that's impressive! Kudos to Patrick!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2012, 7:29 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My Son-in-Law is a friggin' genius! As I've mentioned, he wants to become an engineer instead of a music teacher, that's part of why they moved here from the mountains. As a music major in college, he took the "easy" math and science classes, not the "real" classes, like calculus, that engineers would take. So to get the prerequisites taken care of, he's going to JCC for a year before enrolling at NC State next year, planning to get his BSE in 2 years there. But the first task was to take the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) test for calculus 1 at JCC, so he would not have to take pre-calculus and calculus 1, basically wasting a year. So he taught himself calculus, using a text book he bought at Barnes & Noble, over the last month. And no, he neither asked me for help nor could I have given him any, it being since the fall of 1976 since I looked at a calculus book.

Quite impressive! :-BD ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2012, 7:44 pm

I just gave AD a spork OY.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I gave a spork here... but it just doesn't matter. #-o
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 15th, 2012, 10:04 pm

Congratulations, Patrick!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2012, 10:08 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I just gave AD a spork OY.
Sporktacular! Thanks!
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 15th, 2012, 11:07 pm

That is amazing!!!!! Congrats to him. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 15th, 2012, 11:24 pm

I had a wonderful day visiting with friends and having dinner with Jake. His business is booming. Tonight, we went to Blue Asia, on Collage St. for dinner. It was awesome. They have several verities of Asian food. I hope to go back another time. This afternoon, Jake and I rode to Carolina Beach to view the house he is buying. He will have a lot of work to do but it is going to be nice. Tomorrow, I'm heading to Myrtle Beach to meat Bud. He does conference planning for NCAPA. I think this is the 33 yr. meeting. We will be there for 9 days. I already miss Harley. :O3

]
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2012, 6:00 pm

p[p[8 :ymhug: jjukkkkiijjii5 ihut77hirrifkfkfkfkfkfkfkfkfk]f'f;f;;f;fvkdkdk3krkkrkfkoorkfkfkfkfrkktktkttk4ktkkrkrkrkkhhkhktktjt
rk3o2lolltrfghrwcvbbrrukffbbrgtygbgnnbn nnjfhfthmhkykykmgkkgkgkgkgkgkggrtttto5o5tttttttttttttttujnnbf o6ouiikikjlllkkkj
jyyoofhjhgjhn jv :duke:

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 16th, 2012, 7:58 pm

I drove into Kingston Plantation around 2:30 today. Our room was ready. Bud got here around 3:00. We had a nice dinner and great walk on the beach. I'm relaxed. :)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2012, 8:17 pm

I have a WWWD apprentice: the person that I refer to as Brilliant Graduate Student (BGS). She's having loads of fun dealing with BarMinion (BM). Their boss is out of town for a couple of weeks, so BM is making BGS' life difficult. Basically, BM is trying to provoke an argument so she can rat BGS out to the boss. I've been advising BGS on appropriate, diplomatic ways of dealing with the fun. I have advised BGS to start keeping a journal that documents the crap that BM is doing. Hopefully she'll take my advice; biyotch is out of control.

I really need to replenish the emergency chocolate stash in my office.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2012, 10:19 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a WWWD apprentice: the person that I refer to as Brilliant Graduate Student (BGS). She's having loads of fun dealing with BarMinion (BM). Their boss is out of town for a couple of weeks, so BM is making BGS' life difficult. Basically, BM is trying to provoke an argument so she can rat BGS out to the boss. I've been advising BGS on appropriate, diplomatic ways of dealing with the fun. I have advised BGS to start keeping a journal that documents the crap that BM is doing. Hopefully she'll take my advice; biyotch is out of control.

:ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 17th, 2012, 11:29 am

You're making excellent karma, AD! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 17th, 2012, 11:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a WWWD apprentice: the person that I refer to as Brilliant Graduate Student (BGS). She's having loads of fun dealing with BarMinion (BM). Their boss is out of town for a couple of weeks, so BM is making BGS' life difficult. Basically, BM is trying to provoke an argument so she can rat BGS out to the boss. I've been advising BGS on appropriate, diplomatic ways of dealing with the fun. I have advised BGS to start keeping a journal that documents the crap that BM is doing. Hopefully she'll take my advice; biyotch is out of control.

I have always wanted a Padawan learner.

:yoda:

document. then document. then document some more. all while repeating the WWWD mantra 'who is the asshole who is the asshole' (actual the mantra is "i don't lose, I don't take prisoners, and I do not leave survivors" - but who is the asshole works better here!)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.