LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » August 11th, 2012, 12:17 am

lawgrad91 wrote:My week is complete. I put a lady in a wheelchair in jail.

It is nice to return to needing my old nickname, the Bitch Prosecutor from Hell. :9f:

You are one of my heroes!
Life is good!
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 11th, 2012, 12:46 am

First day of NFL exhibition games and I'm already Tebowed out. Yeesh.

On the plus side, somehow I picked up a spork OY. People were giving me spork lovin' and I didn't even send flowers afterward... I'm trailing DDeac by 9 or 10.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 11th, 2012, 1:52 am

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:This commuting back and forth to Texas for work is going to get old quick.
Four days between posts in the LTE? Slackers :D .
Home again for a little while. But I may be a homeowner two times over shortly.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2012, 7:31 am

Turk wrote:First day of NFL exhibition games and I'm already Tebowed out. Yeesh.

On the plus side, somehow I picked up a spork OY. People were giving me spork lovin' and I didn't even send flowers afterward... I'm trailing DDeac by 9 or 10.
I have 8 :-* . Ozzie, CB&B, AD, DinK and I are always looking for more sporks :ymhug: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 11th, 2012, 7:42 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Kuna thread amusing zaidi ya pale mbele, kukabiliana na Roy Williams kuwa nafasi ya namba moja katika orodha ya makocha wengi overrated. Devildeac aliongoza orodha ya posts kwa Kiswahili.
Huh?
Google Translator. Hint: if you were choosing a foreign language to use for making fun of UNC, which one would it be? :ymdevil:

Kwenda kuzimu, carolina, kwenda kuzimu.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 11th, 2012, 8:33 am

DukieInKansas wrote:nfortunately, this year has brought lots of sadness - lots of illnesses and deaths among clients and friends.
Quite true. There has been far too much need for vibes/prayers 'round these parts. We need all healthy and home. :twitch:
DukieInKansas wrote: Yeah for happy events.
Yes, like the one you are attending. Or, like tarholes being kicked. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2012, 8:34 am

DukieInKansas wrote:nfortunately, this year has brought lots of sadness - lots of illnesses and deaths among clients and friends. Finally, I get to celebrate something happy this weekend. A young lady that I got to watch grow up as part of my church family is getting married this weekend! Yeah for happy events.

As part of the weekend, I have received one of the greatest gifts ever. I got to thinking that the morning after a wedding, the bride's mother is most likely going to end up having to cook for the out of town guests that will be coming over to visit. After all the hustle and bustle of putting together a wedding, I got to thinking that the last thing she really wants to do is get up and fix food for family and friends. So I offered to fix a brunch for them and either drop the food off or stay and act as a maid for the morning. Amy graciously accepted my offer. I hope I can find the words to let her know how happy she has made me. I need to remember this so that I more graciously accept offers of help in the future.
This is what I love about you DinK. You are such a generous friend. You're trying to find the words to let the bride's mom know how happy she has made you, and yet you have given her the greatest gift that a friend could ever give to the mother of the bride: an opportunity to stay off her feet while someone else cooks and cleans.

You rock!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2012, 8:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:nfortunately, this year has brought lots of sadness - lots of illnesses and deaths among clients and friends. Finally, I get to celebrate something happy this weekend. A young lady that I got to watch grow up as part of my church family is getting married this weekend! Yeah for happy events.

As part of the weekend, I have received one of the greatest gifts ever. I got to thinking that the morning after a wedding, the bride's mother is most likely going to end up having to cook for the out of town guests that will be coming over to visit. After all the hustle and bustle of putting together a wedding, I got to thinking that the last thing she really wants to do is get up and fix food for family and friends. So I offered to fix a brunch for them and either drop the food off or stay and act as a maid for the morning. Amy graciously accepted my offer. I hope I can find the words to let her know how happy she has made me. I need to remember this so that I more graciously accept offers of help in the future.
This is what I love about you DinK. You are such a generous friend. You're trying to find the words to let the bride's mom know how happy she has made you, and yet you have given her the greatest gift that a friend could ever give to the mother of the bride: an opportunity to stay off her feet while someone else cooks and cleans.

You rock!

I agree with Cathy.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 11th, 2012, 9:05 am

Here's my question du jour: I'm phasing out my old (almost 10 years old) computer. Last weekend I took the hard drive out of the tower and took it to electronics recycling. I'm still debating what I should do with the monitor: electronics recycling or Goodwill? It still works okay, but the darn thing is heavy and quite large. Seems like most people want flat panel monitors.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 11th, 2012, 9:51 am

devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote:First day of NFL exhibition games and I'm already Tebowed out. Yeesh.

I have 8 :-* . Ozzie, CB&B, AD, DinK and I are always looking for more sporks :ymhug: .
I got an unsigned flame yesterday. I 'm assuming it wasn't from one of the above. People should sign their comments.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 11th, 2012, 9:58 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

You rock!

I agree with Cathy.
Thank you, Cathy and AD.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 11th, 2012, 10:17 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's my question du jour: I'm phasing out my old (almost 10 years old) computer. Last weekend I took the hard drive out of the tower and took it to electronics recycling. I'm still debating what I should do with the monitor: electronics recycling or Goodwill? It still works okay, but the darn thing is heavy and quite large. Seems like most people want flat panel monitors.
Electronics recycling. The flat panels aren't that expensive for the same size viewing area and are more energy efficient. My county waste services here in Ohio has electronics recycling twice a month during the summer. I'm going over there shortly to recycle some old cell phones and small household devices.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 11th, 2012, 10:23 am

Awesomely caring thing to do. This year has been full of sadness, a former co-worker of mine passed on Wednesday leaving a wife and three sons behind. They discovered his cancer in March and it was an extremely rapid and malignant form. 4 of us at my new company in Texas who worked with him had a moment.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 11th, 2012, 1:24 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Here's my question du jour: I'm phasing out my old (almost 10 years old) computer. Last weekend I took the hard drive out of the tower and took it to electronics recycling. I'm still debating what I should do with the monitor: electronics recycling or Goodwill? It still works okay, but the darn thing is heavy and quite large. Seems like most people want flat panel monitors.
Electronics recycling. The flat panels aren't that expensive for the same size viewing area and are more energy efficient. My county waste services here in Ohio has electronics recycling twice a month during the summer. I'm going over there shortly to recycle some old cell phones and small household devices.
Fyi on cell phones-your local domestic violence shelter will be thrilled to get them. Even cell phones without service will connect with 911 so they are a lifeline to domestic violence victims.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 12th, 2012, 5:55 pm

My afternoon plans went a bit awry. Went out with my camera, intending to go to Moody Gardens. However, I went to the lab first to check on things since we had some temperature issues on Friday. I walked into the lab and discovered a flood. The condenser tank on the spot cooler hadn't been emptied (apparently the word didn't come down at the shift change last night or this morning), so there were several gallons of water on the floor. I sent an email update to the relevant people, grabbed a mop, and started mopping. About 30 min later a maintenance guy showed up with a shop vac. I was never so happy to see anyone in my life.

On the bright side, it's really far too hot to be outside, and I didn't spend the afternoon staring at my computer screen. :D
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 12th, 2012, 5:56 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Fyi on cell phones-your local domestic violence shelter will be thrilled to get them. Even cell phones without service will connect with 911 so they are a lifeline to domestic violence victims.
That's great information to have - thanks!
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 12th, 2012, 10:59 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Awesomely caring thing to do. This year has been full of sadness, a former co-worker of mine passed on Wednesday leaving a wife and three sons behind. They discovered his cancer in March and it was an extremely rapid and malignant form. 4 of us at my new company in Texas who worked with him had a moment.
Thank you. I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. How terribly sad.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 12th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Wedding report - the bride was beautiful. The groom had the biggest smile throughout the entire ceremony. I don't know that I've ever seen a groom so happy. Every wedding seems to have a personal touch that I've not seen before. Last night, there was a family blessing in the ceremony. The groom's parents stood next to the bride and the bride's parents stood next to the groom for the blessing. It was very special.

It was a great privilege to be able to provide a brunch this morning. They are such a great family.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 12th, 2012, 11:11 pm

YMO, so sorry about your friend.

DinK, what a terrific person you are! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 12th, 2012, 11:16 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Cancer bites the big one.

I'm so sorry, Ymo.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith