LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 5th, 2012, 10:45 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:This commuting back and forth to Texas for work is going to get old quick.
Four days between posts in the LTE? Slackers :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 9th, 2012, 7:55 pm

My week is complete. I put a lady in a wheelchair in jail.

It is nice to return to needing my old nickname, the Bitch Prosecutor from Hell. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 9th, 2012, 10:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My week is complete. I put a lady in a wheelchair in jail.

It is nice to return to needing my old nickname, the Bitch Prosecutor from Hell. :9f:
Now that's "equal opportunity" at it's finest! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 9th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Hey, whatever it takes. ^:)^ When they gotta go...they gotta go.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2012, 10:36 pm

=)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2012, 11:44 pm

My sister posted on Facebook this evening that my 17 month old niece has added a new word to her vocabulary: ca-ca-ca-clat. Cracks me up. The child can't say more than a handful of words, but she can already say chocolate. Guess that's what happens when your first exposure to chocolate is really good Swiss chocolate. Smart baby.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2012, 12:47 am

What was it that Baretta used to say? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 4:36 am

I just love waking up in the middle of the night.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 10th, 2012, 11:03 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I just love waking up in the middle of the night.
I just love waking up with a leg cramp.
;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Yesterday I got a good zinger in on my colleague who's a UNC alumna. We were sitting around at lunch, talking about texting. I mentioned that my older sister used to send me text messages when I was driving to AR from St. Louis. Her justification was that she didn't want to call me while I was driving. We all got a good laugh out of that one. The UNC alumna said, "Did she go to Duke, too?" Of course everyone laughed. For once I had the perfect response: "No, she went to a state school, U of A. That's something like going to UNC." I got the bigger laugh. She's a good sport; she could only laugh and say, "Touche."
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Kuna thread amusing zaidi ya pale mbele, kukabiliana na Roy Williams kuwa nafasi ya namba moja katika orodha ya makocha wengi overrated. Devildeac aliongoza orodha ya posts kwa Kiswahili.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2012, 10:58 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Kuna thread amusing zaidi ya pale mbele, kukabiliana na Roy Williams kuwa nafasi ya namba moja katika orodha ya makocha wengi overrated. Devildeac aliongoza orodha ya posts kwa Kiswahili.
Huh?

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 11:06 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Kuna thread amusing zaidi ya pale mbele, kukabiliana na Roy Williams kuwa nafasi ya namba moja katika orodha ya makocha wengi overrated. Devildeac aliongoza orodha ya posts kwa Kiswahili.
Huh?
Google Translator. Hint: if you were choosing a foreign language to use for making fun of UNC, which one would it be? :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2012, 11:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Huh?
Google Translator. Hint: if you were choosing a foreign language to use for making fun of UNC, which one would it be? :ymdevil:
Link? I've got the binary/hex/ascii translator, but not that one.

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2012, 11:22 pm

There are amusing thread over there before, tackle Roy Williams was the number one position in the list of most overrated coaches. Devildeac led the list of posts in Swahili.

If you say so... ;)

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Try translate.google.com, Ozzie. (I'm on the iPad right now.)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 10th, 2012, 11:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
There are amusing thread over there before, tackle Roy Williams was the number one position in the list of most overrated coaches. Devildeac led the list of posts in Swahili.

If you say so... ;)
Too funny! That's not exactly what I said. Wonder if the English-to-Swahili is as bad as the Swahili-to-English.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 10th, 2012, 11:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Google Translator. Hint: if you were choosing a foreign language to use for making fun of UNC, which one would it be? :ymdevil:
How about Southern?

Otherwise, how about Welsh, Xhosa, and Antankarana?
Wish I knew those languages. :ymblushing:
Would love to learn them.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 11th, 2012, 12:09 am

nfortunately, this year has brought lots of sadness - lots of illnesses and deaths among clients and friends. Finally, I get to celebrate something happy this weekend. A young lady that I got to watch grow up as part of my church family is getting married this weekend! Yeah for happy events.

As part of the weekend, I have received one of the greatest gifts ever. I got to thinking that the morning after a wedding, the bride's mother is most likely going to end up having to cook for the out of town guests that will be coming over to visit. After all the hustle and bustle of putting together a wedding, I got to thinking that the last thing she really wants to do is get up and fix food for family and friends. So I offered to fix a brunch for them and either drop the food off or stay and act as a maid for the morning. Amy graciously accepted my offer. I hope I can find the words to let her know how happy she has made me. I need to remember this so that I more graciously accept offers of help in the future.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 11th, 2012, 12:15 am

As part of getting ready for the brunch, I need to clean out the refrigerator to make room for 3 overnight egg casseroles. So during this week, some beers (Leinenkugel Wheat - no review) have been removed and tonight I finished the last of the bottle of margaritas. This, too, makes me happy!
`
Life is good!