LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » July 26th, 2012, 7:39 pm

I'm really hungry for a burger right now. I might have to venture back out and go to Whattaburger or Sonic.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 26th, 2012, 9:06 pm

The Moron of the Day Award goes to the guy on the bike that I saw on my way back from Whattaburger. He was wearing headphones and clearly not paying attention, biking on the wrong side of the road (facing traffic) with no helmet. If this wasn't enough, dude was actually controlling his bike with one hand while trying to light the cigarette that was sticking out of his mouth. :twitch: :-o L-)

I suspect he might, at some point in the future, be a nominee for a Darwin Award.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 26th, 2012, 9:51 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Our dinner tonight was BLT'S, deviled eggs and fresh peaches over pound cake and wipe cream. It hit the spot for me. The family was happy. I fed 5 tonight. :)

Yum! All this out of a kitchen that is under remodel! You are amazing! :-BD
Yes. The old sink was placed back after the cabinets were installed. Bud had enough material to put over the bare counters and there is electric. I used an electric fry pan for the bacon. It wasn't too difficult. Tomorrow, the new floor will be installed in the kitchen. Monday the counter tops and cook top will be put in. Yippee!!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 26th, 2012, 10:51 pm

I won at Mahjong tonight! Am thinking this makes me some sort of expert at it or something....NOT, but sure is fun! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 27th, 2012, 12:22 am

Biff Henderson on Letterman last night interviewed Coach K... well for all of 8 seconds.
Biff: is it true that to make it fair you are going to have only three starters?
K: [laughs]
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 27th, 2012, 9:05 am

At the end of September New Bern is having its second annual Arts Festival. It should be really nice..indoors, in the convention center, with tons of artists showing their work as well as fun activities. Since Duke is beating Wake that Saturday, I'm not showing my work but I am putting on a couple workshops and a demonstration. They talked about it on the radio today. :D
http://www.newbernnow.com/NC/wp-content ... 093012.mp3
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 27th, 2012, 7:12 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:At the end of September New Bern is having its second annual Arts Festival. It should be really nice..indoors, in the convention center, with tons of artists showing their work as well as fun activities. Since Duke is beating Wake that Saturday, I'm not showing my work but I am putting on a couple workshops and a demonstration. They talked about it on the radio today. :D
Woo hoo!! You're on such a great roll, bro! BTW, I popped into the art store on the waterfront in Morehead City yesterday and visited with some of your art including my favorite tomato paintings!!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 29th, 2012, 6:59 am

So, tomorrow is my first day at work at the new place. I have nowhere to live, none of my things are down in Tejas yet and the four other residents of the household have no idea we are moving. Well, they may suspect as I took the last of the car parts for my next project to a 10X20 storage unit last night. I'm going to miss Cincy, both the place and the people.

Since I resigned at the beginning of the month, I haven't gotten much done on my list. I did get the car parts moved, the mulch spread, window screens redone and 2/3s of the deck stained(long story short it kept on raining, which they warn you about on the label). My old place of employment did clean house of a layer of management above me and reorganized all their business units. More chaos to come in the next few months for their employees. They did manage to "reorg" my group three times in the three years I was there, looks like they are working on a fourth one.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 29th, 2012, 9:02 am

YmoBeThere wrote:So, tomorrow is my first day at work at the new place. I have nowhere to live, none of my things are down in Tejas yet and the four other residents of the household have no idea we are moving. Well, they may suspect as I took the last of the car parts for my next project to a 10X20 storage unit last night. I'm going to miss Cincy, both the place and the people.

Since I resigned at the beginning of the month, I haven't gotten much done on my list. I did get the car parts moved, the mulch spread, window screens redone and 2/3s of the deck stained(long story short it kept on raining, which they warn you about on the label). My old place of employment did clean house of a layer of management above me and reorganized all their business units. More chaos to come in the next few months for their employees. They did manage to "reorg" my group three times in the three years I was there, looks like they are working on a fourth one.

Good luck on your first day at the new work place, Ymo! I hope your kitties transition well to their new home.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » July 29th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Ymobethere...

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Bouncies and vibes on your new job.

Welcome to Texas.

We haven't gotten out of Austin much so our view is limited, but we've benefited from our move. Hope you'll be able to say the same--about your move, hoping you get out more than we do.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 29th, 2012, 3:57 pm

DukePA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:At the end of September New Bern is having its second annual Arts Festival. It should be really nice..indoors, in the convention center, with tons of artists showing their work as well as fun activities. Since Duke is beating Wake that Saturday, I'm not showing my work but I am putting on a couple workshops and a demonstration. They talked about it on the radio today. :D
Woo hoo!! You're on such a great roll, bro! BTW, I popped into the art store on the waterfront in Morehead City yesterday and visited with some of your art including my favorite tomato paintings!!
Yeah, I need to get those removed..lol. I signed an exclusive contract with my new gallery in MHC (Blu Sail) so nobody else is allowed to show them. Fine by me, those 'maters have been hanging for years now and not sold..along with some other paintings that I love. They really do a lousy job of marketing unlike my new gallery.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 29th, 2012, 3:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:So, tomorrow is my first day at work at the new place. I have nowhere to live, none of my things are down in Tejas yet and the four other residents of the household have no idea we are moving. Well, they may suspect as I took the last of the car parts for my next project to a 10X20 storage unit last night. I'm going to miss Cincy, both the place and the people.

Good luck on your first day at the new work place, Ymo! I hope your kitties transition well to their new home.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 30th, 2012, 5:38 am

I love tomatoes...
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 31st, 2012, 12:36 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I love tomatoes...
So do I. Today we had a peach gazpacho soup and a tomato/watermelon/goat cheese salad to get our tomatoes in for the day. We also had a watermelon/blueberry/mint salad that I considered dessert. Yum!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 31st, 2012, 10:04 pm

Wow! MY post # just hit 6000. Do I get a raise? LOL :ymparty: \:d/ :dance:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 31st, 2012, 10:23 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Wow! MY post # just hit 6000. Do I get a raise? LOL :ymparty: \:d/ :dance:
You're endowed! Congratulations! :D :ymapplause:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 1st, 2012, 8:55 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Wow! MY post # just hit 6000. Do I get a raise? LOL :ymparty: \:d/ :dance:
Congratulations!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
You're endowed! Congratulations! :D :ymapplause:
Thank you.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Congratulations!

Thank you.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm

This commuting back and forth to Texas for work is going to get old quick.