LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 14th, 2012, 8:08 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Happy Friday the 13th! Today is a "Free Roo Day!" Free refills! :happy-bouncyblue: If you didn't register to get the text messages, do so!
Two for me today! Thanks for the 'Roo Cup!
I had two Diet Cokes during the day and an Orange Slushie last night! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 15th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Some guys they just give up living
And start dying little by little, piece by piece,
Some guys come home from work and wash up,
And go racin' in the street.

Tonight, tonight the strip's just right
I wanna blow 'em all out of their seats
Calling out around the world, we're going racin' in the street.

- Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm

I have on ESPN2..... the ESPNY awards....

Just showed Coach K and his 903 career win!!!!! As Best Performance moment!

He didnt win by the fans votes, Drew Brees did

Coach K is our choice!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 15th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Successful shareholder's brunch today. Served scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, ham, cheesy grits with shrimp, muffins, fruit, biscuits, and sausage gravy. We then shared a video presentation showing our week in Gulf Shores. Long weekend but well worth it.

Chuckle of the day - several people asked if the gravy was a mix. When they found out it wasn't, they wanted the recipe. I'm not sure how to write down brown sausage, guess on the amount of flour to add, add milk and cook until it is a decent thickness. I am, however, the proud owner of 10 white ceramic gravy boats - only used once! I love a good bargain - $2.98 per boat. I really wanted 12. Anyone have a Pier One near them?
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 15th, 2012, 11:23 pm

My kitchen is about 1/2 back together. Measuring for the counter tops happens this Tuesday. They will take 1 to 2 weeks to be complete. Jake painted the sun room for me today. The kitchen is next to be painted. It will not be long before all the work in the kitchen is done. I'm happy. :)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 16th, 2012, 10:38 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Successful shareholder's brunch today. Served scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, ham, cheesy grits with shrimp, muffins, fruit, biscuits, and sausage gravy. We then shared a video presentation showing our week in Gulf Shores. Long weekend but well worth it.

Chuckle of the day - several people asked if the gravy was a mix. When they found out it wasn't, they wanted the recipe. I'm not sure how to write down brown sausage, guess on the amount of flour to add, add milk and cook until it is a decent thickness. I am, however, the proud owner of 10 white ceramic gravy boats - only used once! I love a good bargain - $2.98 per boat. I really wanted 12. Anyone have a Pier One near them?

Like.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 16th, 2012, 10:40 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:My kitchen is about 1/2 back together. Measuring for the counter tops happens this Tuesday. They will take 1 to 2 weeks to be complete. Jake painted the sun room for me today. The kitchen is next to be painted. It will not be long before all the work in the kitchen is done. I'm happy. :)
I cannot wait to see it! I know you are thrilled to have this remodel almost completed.

xoxo
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 16th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Yeah!!!! - the heating and cooling installation started today! I will have a/c by the time the 100's return on Wednesday! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

My check book says :(( but at least it didn't say =))
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 16th, 2012, 7:38 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:My kitchen is about 1/2 back together. Measuring for the counter tops happens this Tuesday. They will take 1 to 2 weeks to be complete. Jake painted the sun room for me today. The kitchen is next to be painted. It will not be long before all the work in the kitchen is done. I'm happy. :)
I cannot wait to see it! I know you are thrilled to have this remodel almost completed.

xoxo
Yes, I'm excited for the finish. The people who do the counter tops measure tomorrow for the quarts counter tops. After they are installed (1 1/2 to 2 weeks), the new floor in the kitchen will be put in. I also can't wait for you to see it.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 17th, 2012, 11:58 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

xoxo
Yes, I'm excited for the finish. The people who do the counter tops measure tomorrow for the quarts counter tops. After they are installed (1 1/2 to 2 weeks), the new floor in the kitchen will be put in. I also can't wait for you to see it.
Yeah! New kitchens are so much fun!

They are finishing my a/c & furnace install today. They have turned on the air - I was thinking that it wasn't working until I stood by a vent. I can't believe how quiet this new system is.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 17th, 2012, 1:05 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
They are finishing my a/c & furnace install today. They have turned on the air - I was thinking that it wasn't working until I stood by a vent. I can't believe how quiet this new system is.
They should be able to measure the air temperature going into the air return and coming out of the supply register. They probably have infrared temperature "guns". If not, analog or digital temperature probes they can stick into the registers. Do this after the system is running for at least 10 minutes. You should have close to a 20 degree difference! Please report back and let us know!

DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 18th, 2012, 12:02 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
They should be able to measure the air temperature going into the air return and coming out of the supply register. They probably have infrared temperature "guns". If not, analog or digital temperature probes they can stick into the registers. Do this after the system is running for at least 10 minutes. You should have close to a 20 degree difference! Please report back and let us know!
I'd forgotten what it was like to have a cool house. I can't get over how quiet this system is compared to the ancient system it replaced.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 18th, 2012, 8:42 am

I'm sure they checked before completing the install...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 19th, 2012, 9:45 pm

In the category of "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me," I got a note from my colleague last week, with author credits for our upcoming manuscript (all other authors were included on the same note). BarMinion is first author, I'm 2nd author, Helpless Grad Student is 3rd author. I got credit for data analysis only. I did NOT get credit for the two major ideas that I had for the project. All credit for experimental design went to my colleague and to BarMinion. This is after sending my colleague a list of my contributions to the project. I'm keeping my mouth shut for political reasons, but I no longer trust my colleague any farther than I can throw her. I will continue working with her because I have to, but I will no longer give her any ideas for improving her projects. There are plenty of other people here who welcome my contributions and not stab me in the back.

For those keeping score, this is the same thing that my boss in Arkansas did (the person above Supervisor Barbie in the food chain). I'd come up with ideas for our research projects and would then get cut out of meetings regarding the projects. I'm sure that my colleague is justifying the decision to not credit me with experimental design because she and BarMinion cut me out of the loop once they decided to use my ideas. Technically, they did most of the experimental design, but only because they intentionally omitted me from the process. X( X(

Man, I hate the world of cutthroat research.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 20th, 2012, 8:21 am

Slowly coming up on 4,000 posts.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2012, 7:23 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Slowly coming up on 4,000 posts.
Only 45 more posts to go! You can do that easily!

I suggest that you guest-post for Lavabe in the NASCAR thread for the next race - or just comment on all of Lavabe's posts during a race. :D

When was your birthday? Go back to that thread and respond to each and every note in the thread, if you haven't already. So many possibilities...
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 21st, 2012, 2:36 pm

From Jarhead OY:

:D :D

:9f: :9f:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 21st, 2012, 10:44 pm

devildeac wrote:From Jarhead OY:

:D :D

:9f: :9f:
:)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 21st, 2012, 11:52 pm

I'm asking for all the prayers and vibes you can spare for a friend in Arkansas. I've known her for almost 20 years; she's one of my sister's best friends from college and a fellow choir member at my old church in Little Rock. She was diagnosed last week with stage 4 ovarian cancer and is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. This one absolutely breaks my heart. She has a 2 year old daughter and 3 stepchildren. Cancer really sucks.

It definitely puts all of my gripes about the professional ethics of my colleagues, current and former, into perspective. In the grand scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2012, 3:09 am

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}