LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukeForester
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukeForester » June 17th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Congrats to Nephew Sam. What kind of gig is it? Local theatre or something bigger. Tell him to break a leg. ;)
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 17th, 2012, 10:29 pm

DukeForester wrote:Congrats to Nephew Sam. What kind of gig is it? Local theatre or something bigger. Tell him to break a leg. ;)
Thanks!

It is a Youth summer theater program for ages 12 to 24.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 17th, 2012, 11:08 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukeForester wrote:Congrats to Nephew Sam. What kind of gig is it? Local theatre or something bigger. Tell him to break a leg. ;)
Thanks!

It is a Youth summer theater program for ages 12 to 24.
Cool! Congrats to your nephew. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 17th, 2012, 11:20 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Aunt bragging time again - I got a text from PA this morning. Nephew Sam will be playing Captain Von Trapp in the Sound of Music at the end of July. I'll be booking airfare soon!

Congrats to Nephew Sam! Send pix! :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 20th, 2012, 1:13 am

How does the Redhook Brewery run out of their own (Copper Hook) beer? That seems wrong. Good thing their ESB was available and quite tasty. :beer:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 20th, 2012, 6:12 am

DevilAlumna wrote:How does the Redhook Brewery run out of their own (Copper Hook) beer? That seems wrong. Good thing their ESB was available and quite tasty. :beer:
Sounds like an inventory management issue...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 21st, 2012, 8:16 pm

Mmmm. It's been 1 1/2 days since anyone posted here. :-o
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 21st, 2012, 9:37 pm

An IP address based in Spain hacked my e-mail account.
Miles

Post by Miles » June 21st, 2012, 10:37 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:An IP address based in Spain hacked my e-mail account.
Blame the tapas.
sMiles
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » June 21st, 2012, 11:15 pm

I'm watching game 5 of the nba finals b/c I want shane to get a championship. This is probably the first nba game of his I've watched. Go Shane!...and the rest of your team.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 23rd, 2012, 11:31 pm

Started thinking at the end of last week that I needed to think about gathering emergency supplies since it's hurricane season. Well, it appears I'd better get on that sooner rather than later. Debby is sitting in the Gulf, gathering strength. Predicted course has it going south of us, but it could also turn and hit us. Looks like it's now officially time for me to stock up.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles

Post by Miles » June 24th, 2012, 1:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Started thinking at the end of last week that I needed to think about gathering emergency supplies since it's hurricane season. Well, it appears I'd better get on that sooner rather than later. Debby is sitting in the Gulf, gathering strength. Predicted course has it going south of us, but it could also turn and hit us. Looks like it's now officially time for me to stock up.
I don't know if you'll have time to order it and have it delivered, but your might consider ordering a 72-hour food kit from one of the bazillion online companies. I have a five day supply of MREs for Kelly and I, with a shelf-life between 3 - 5 years. If we had an additional refrigerator or freezer, they would last longer. We also have solar-powered flash lights and water purification tablets. It's not the best apocalypse survival kit, but we are prepared for the more mundane, normal emergencies that result in a loss of power or minor collapse in local economy.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 25th, 2012, 7:21 am

Was away this weekend. Couldn't log in to CTN yesterday. Login message said this site's access was FORBIDDEN. What happened?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 25th, 2012, 7:22 am

Lavabe wrote:Was away this weekend. Couldn't log in to CTN yesterday. Login message said this site's access was FORBIDDEN. What happened?
Same thing happened to me.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 25th, 2012, 8:08 am

Lavabe wrote:Was away this weekend. Couldn't log in to CTN yesterday. Login message said this site's access was FORBIDDEN. What happened?
The server hardware was upgraded and something didn't transfer right. But since I was in a field selling art I had no way of emailing them to alert them, and when I finally did it took 3 or 4 emails to convince them that it was something wrong on their end, they were blaming my scripts. I told them I haven't touched any codes in literally years.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 25th, 2012, 9:50 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
The server hardware was upgraded and something didn't transfer right. But since I was in a field selling art I had no way of emailing them to alert them, and when I finally did it took 3 or 4 emails to convince them that it was something wrong on their end, they were blaming my scripts. I told them I haven't touched any codes in literally years.
Whew! For a second there, I thought I was being sent to Siberia for having talked about Fight Club.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 25th, 2012, 3:19 pm

FB invited me to play a new game called "Pot Farm."

How does one grow pots, anyway?

(I know, I know.... :obscene-smokingweed: :obscene-smokingjoint: )

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 26th, 2012, 9:39 pm

My realtor wants to lower the list price on my condo to an amount that's below what I paid for it. :( 10 units have sold in my neighborhood, all for well above my current list price in terms of price per square foot. I do not understand the logic at all - unless there's actually a better market for smaller places? Why else would 1 bedroom units sell for $150/sq ft and my 2 bedroom unit be considered overpriced at $100/sq ft?

I'm thinking that, since the price is dropping, the fridge, washer and dryer will no longer be included.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2012, 9:54 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:My realtor wants to lower the list price on my condo to an amount that's below what I paid for it. :( 10 units have sold in my neighborhood, all for well above my current list price in terms of price per square foot. I do not understand the logic at all - unless there's actually a better market for smaller places? Why else would 1 bedroom units sell for $150/sq ft and my 2 bedroom unit be considered overpriced at $100/sq ft?

I'm thinking that, since the price is dropping, the fridge, washer and dryer will no longer be included.
You might suggest to your realtor that rather than drop the price it's time to change realtors... No way should your place be 2/3s the price per sq. ft. of 1 BR units.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 26th, 2012, 9:59 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:My realtor wants to lower the list price on my condo to an amount that's below what I paid for it. :( 10 units have sold in my neighborhood, all for well above my current list price in terms of price per square foot. I do not understand the logic at all - unless there's actually a better market for smaller places? Why else would 1 bedroom units sell for $150/sq ft and my 2 bedroom unit be considered overpriced at $100/sq ft?

You might suggest to your realtor that rather than drop the price it's time to change realtors... No way should your place be 2/3s the price per sq. ft. of 1 BR units.
She did just send me a list of all units sold in my neighborhood. I should identify the listing agents and contact them. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein