The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 9th, 2011, 7:18 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A belated Harumph from the varnish zone. :9f:

What does it say about one's day when the highlight is having x-rays at the dentist?

I have no cavities, though. :D
That's a good thing. :happy-bouncyblue: Did the dentist give you a "prize"? :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 9th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:A belated Harumph from the varnish zone. :9f:

What does it say about one's day when the highlight is having x-rays at the dentist?

I have no cavities, though. :D
That's a good thing. :happy-bouncyblue: Did the dentist give you a "prize"? :D
The hygienist sent me home with a new toothbrush, some floss, two little tubes of toothpaste, and some mouthwash.

No stickers, temporary tattoos, or plastic rings, though.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 10th, 2011, 7:14 am

Harumph. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 10th, 2011, 7:23 am

Well, it's a day of yard work for Mammy. At least the temperatures are supposed to be better, along with a little less humidity and a light breeze for refreshment. I prefer a beer. :beer: What is it about mowing grass that makes a beer taste so much better? :question mark: This requires study. :reading: I will be a thirsty Guinea Pig. :animals-gerbil: Err...gerbil.

Oh yeah. Gut morgan, y'all.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 10th, 2011, 7:35 am

Now in the low 60's here, tomorrow will be in the high 50's this time in the morning.

Good morning!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 10th, 2011, 8:02 am

Good Morning!!! ~O)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 10th, 2011, 8:18 am

Good morning.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 10th, 2011, 8:30 am

Good Morning all. Most of my jobs are under control. Just have to get Rah to a doc this afternoon. So I'm taking the day off to get up to my studio. RARE. Leftovers for supper. Ahhhh SEE ya!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 10th, 2011, 8:38 am

Good morning!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 10th, 2011, 9:04 am

Good morning. ~O)

We have a plumbing problem. Something is stuck in a drain line and the downstairs toilet doesn't flush properly. Plunging doesn't solve the problem - water comes out the washing machine overflow. Upstairs toilets flush but water "gurgles" in the downstairs toilet. Strange. Called our plumber and he came yesterday. He determined that he needed to get under the house to get to the clean out there to properly "roto-rooter" the clog. He wasn't prepared, clothing-wise, to crawl under the house. He will be back this morning at 8:30. He called at 8:20. He has another emergency and won't get here until this afternoon. I think I'll go shower at the gym - I should work out anyway...

Side bar - this guy is good, but he's a mostly "one man shop" at this point. I gave him our free standing Buck Stove 2 years ago, free, and he is working that off in trade instead of taking payment for any little plumbing jobs I need done. A great deal for me without a doubt, and I'm probably way ahead at this point, although I sometimes have to take a back seat to other "paying jobs". Probably time for me to tell him I'll start paying him again. Fair is fair.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2011, 7:32 am

Good morning!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 11th, 2011, 8:06 am

Good morning.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 11th, 2011, 8:34 am

Good Morning!!! ~O) ~O)
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 11th, 2011, 10:12 am

Of the Myrtle Beach today for 10 days. :happy-bouncyblue:

Good morning. :duke:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 11th, 2011, 11:03 am

Good morning. ~O)

Plumbing finally running freely again. Well, not quite "free-ly", but it was rea$onable. :) There were roots growing into the pipe outside the house and he had to "roto-rooter" the pipe. First he had to cut a new access hole just outside the house to get into the pipe. Most of the blockage was from the bushes near the house and not the bigger tree 30' from the house with the big roots, which is good because that probably would have meant digging up the pipe and replacing it, which wouldn't have been rea$onable. He actually used his machine several times yesterday afternoon, then had me go buy some "Root Kill" at Lowes to put in the pipe this morning. He had pulled out a bunch of "fine root hairs" that came out with the cutter he used on his machine. He came back this morning and used the machine again because he didn't like the way it was still backing up a bit when "test flushing" a couple of times. Then he put the Root Kill in and now I have to let it sit a few hours before any more flushing occurs...

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2011, 12:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O)

Plumbing finally running freely again. Well, not quite "free-ly", but it was rea$onable. :) There were roots growing into the pipe outside the house and he had to "roto-rooter" the pipe. First he had to cut a new access hole just outside the house to get into the pipe. Most of the blockage was from the bushes near the house and not the bigger tree 30' from the house with the big roots, which is good because that probably would have meant digging up the pipe and replacing it, which wouldn't have been rea$onable. He actually used his machine several times yesterday afternoon, then had me go buy some "Root Kill" at Lowes to put in the pipe this morning. He had pulled out a bunch of "fine root hairs" that came out with the cutter he used on his machine. He came back this morning and used the machine again because he didn't like the way it was still backing up a bit when "test flushing" a couple of times. Then he put the Root Kill in and now I have to let it sit a few hours before any more flushing occurs...

I hope you don't have "to go" while you're waiting to flush.

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 11th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Good morning! It's a nice sunny day here already, and FutureDA is happy and singing/trilling to me. :romance-heartsfade:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 11th, 2011, 3:14 pm

CathyCA wrote:

That's why we waited until this morning to put in the Root Kill rather than doing it last night while we were home. It wasn't a problem. You've heard the water conservationist's adage "if it's yellow, let it mellow"? Well, next time I go I can flush twice!

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 11th, 2011, 5:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

That's why we waited until this morning to put in the Root Kill rather than doing it last night while we were home. It wasn't a problem. You've heard the water conservationist's adage "if it's yellow, let it mellow"? Well, next time I go I can flush twice!

TMI

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2011, 8:12 am

Good morning, my eyes refuse to open.