LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2012, 8:27 am

IowaDevil wrote:
Miles wrote:Operation: Biscuit Run is now complete.

I just ordered one of everything from the Bojangles breakfast menu, including a six pack of Bo Berry Biscuits. They're in the freezer now. Tomorrow they'll be packed on dry ice and mailed to my brother for his birthday.

I wish I could be there to see his face.
Kudos to you and Kelly for the Biscuit Run! There should be more folks like you in the world! Now to Bojangles - had to look that up and see what it is....I'm in Iowa and we're a bit shy on some of these places! I am positive your brother is going to love his BD gift! Great idea! :)
On your next trip to Brunchgate, you've got to stop at Bojangles twice. Once for breakfast biscuits and once for chicken, although they do serve breakfast biscuits all day long!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 28th, 2012, 9:47 am

We sure are hoping to get there! Will put Bojangles on our list!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2012, 10:05 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:
Miles wrote:Operation: Biscuit Run is now complete.

I just ordered one of everything from the Bojangles breakfast menu, including a six pack of Bo Berry Biscuits. They're in the freezer now. Tomorrow they'll be packed on dry ice and mailed to my brother for his birthday.

I wish I could be there to see his face.
Kudos to you and Kelly for the Biscuit Run! There should be more folks like you in the world! Now to Bojangles - had to look that up and see what it is....I'm in Iowa and we're a bit shy on some of these places! I am positive your brother is going to love his BD gift! Great idea! :)
On your next trip to Brunchgate, you've got to stop at Bojangles twice. Once for breakfast biscuits and once for chicken, although they do serve breakfast biscuits all day long!
Just eat them before you get to the tailgate.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 28th, 2012, 10:46 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
bjornolf wrote:The twitterverse is abuzz with racist comments after Joel Ward scored the definitive goal in the closest series in NHL history to lift the Caps over the Bruins. Stay classy, Boston.
Boston does have some issues...
Yes, they pretty much always have. It's just that they keep it below the surface and in times like this, it rears it's ugly head.
I worship the Blue Devil!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 28th, 2012, 10:52 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes for Sasha Schnauzer, who is passing blood this evening. I think she has a bladder infection. I noticed she has had to pee more often lately.

We are going to the vet in the am. :O3
Yup. Those are pretty much the symptoms of a bladder infection.

:9f:
Infection, or stones. Neither fun but both fixable!
Furry :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to Sasha!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2012, 11:13 am

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Vibes for Sasha Schnauzer, who is passing blood this evening. I think she has a bladder infection. I noticed she has had to pee more often lately.

We are going to the vet in the am. :O3
Yup. Those are pretty much the symptoms of a bladder infection.

:9f:
Infection, or stones. Neither fun but both fixable!
Furry :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to Sasha!
Stones. Antibiotics and painkillers (tablets for a 15 pound dog are WAY too small for you, EJ), then surgery scheduled for May 7.

She had stones a year ago, and emergency surgery. Hopefully this won't be so tough on her, since she has a week of drugs beforehand.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :-ss
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2012, 11:18 am

Has anyone heard of putting pennies in the bottom of a vase to keep cut roses fresh longer?

Stepdau got a dozen roses from her new squeeze some time back, and I just tossed them this morning. They stayed fresh for two weeks or more, I guess. When I dumped the water from the jug they were in, I found four pennies at the bottom. She had used a jug she found on top of the fridge, which I am certain did not have pennies in it beforehand.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2012, 11:32 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Has anyone heard of putting pennies in the bottom of a vase to keep cut roses fresh longer?

Stepdau got a dozen roses from her new squeeze some time back, and I just tossed them this morning. They stayed fresh for two weeks or more, I guess. When I dumped the water from the jug they were in, I found four pennies at the bottom. She had used a jug she found on top of the fridge, which I am certain did not have pennies in it beforehand.
Interesting - I haven't heard that one. I've heard of putting aspirin in the water.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2012, 11:33 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Has anyone heard of putting pennies in the bottom of a vase to keep cut roses fresh longer?

Interesting - I haven't heard that one. I've heard of putting aspirin in the water.
I put aspirin in our Christmas tree water and it does seem to help.
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 28th, 2012, 11:39 am

Mythbusters did this (and tested several other methods - including aspirin). It didn't make a difference in a controlled environment. The roses that lasted the longest were the plain water. They did the same thing with Christmas trees....again plain water wins.

I suspect her new squeeze used a good florist, and the roses were fresh cut.

:D for squeezes who send @};- @};- @};-
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2012, 11:40 am

windsor wrote:

Mythbusters did this (and tested several other methods - including aspirin). It didn't make a difference in a controlled environment. The roses that lasted the longest were the plain water. They did the same thing with Christmas trees....again plain water wins.

Another entry for WWWD! :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 28th, 2012, 11:47 am

windsor wrote:

You rule, Windsor! I hadn't seen this on Mythbusters.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2012, 4:53 pm

windsor wrote:

I liked when they grew plants in different environments with different kinds of music. I think the death-metal plants did the best. I hate that music, but if you want some big tomatoes, torture your neighbors.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 29th, 2012, 10:05 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I liked when they grew plants in different environments with different kinds of music. I think the death-metal plants did the best. I hate that music, but if you want some big tomatoes, torture your neighbors.
I occasionally pick up cut flowers at Sam's club. They include a packet of granulated stuff that does seem to make the flowers last longer.
I'm building an inventory of vintage stereo equipment,in hopes that one day that I'll be able to open my own shop and sell a few of them. It's interesting to hear of torturing the neighbors. I have categorized the receivers and amplifiers that I have collected into 5 groups...
1) Piece o'shit
2) Okay
3) Rock the House
4) Wake the Neighbors
5) Call the Cops

Always trying to fix what isn't broken, electronics manufacters created 'Surround Sound', so as to have a 'New and Improved' product to offer. Really? Was good old 2-channel stereo ever not good enough? God gave me two ears, not 7.1.
Then, to improve profit margins, they moved building operations off to China, Malaysia, Indonisia, etc. The stuff I've been picking up was built here, or Japan, or Europe. They will most likely still be working 100 years after I'm dead. The new stuff is lucky to survive a week after the warranty expires.
Lately, I've been terrorizing the neighborhood with these... :twitch:
Allison Acoustics CD-7.png
Allison Acoustics CD-7.png (32.92 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Maybe one day, I'll open up an old style juke joint instead. :-?
dj-party.gif
dj-party.gif (5.13 KiB) Viewed 187 times
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm

captmojo wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I liked when they grew plants in different environments with different kinds of music. I think the death-metal plants did the best. I hate that music, but if you want some big tomatoes, torture your neighbors.
I occasionally pick up cut flowers at Sam's club. They include a packet of granulated stuff that does seem to make the flowers last longer.
I'm building an inventory of vintage stereo equipment,in hopes that one day that I'll be able to open my own shop and sell a few of them. It's interesting to hear of torturing the neighbors. I have categorized the receivers and amplifiers that I have collected into 5 groups...
1) Piece o'shit
2) Okay
3) Rock the House
4) Wake the Neighbors
5) Call the Cops

Always trying to fix what isn't broken, electronics manufacters created 'Surround Sound', so as to have a 'New and Improved' product to offer. Really? Was good old 2-channel stereo ever not good enough? God gave me two ears, not 7.1.
Then, to improve profit margins, they moved building operations off to China, Malaysia, Indonisia, etc. The stuff I've been picking up was built here, or Japan, or Europe. They will most likely still be working 100 years after I'm dead. The new stuff is lucky to survive a week after the warranty expires.
Lately, I've been terrorizing the neighborhood with these... :twitch:
Allison Acoustics CD-7.png
Maybe one day, I'll open up an old style juke joint instead. :-?
dj-party.gif
My dad has a huge start on his own junk yard. Y'all should team up!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 29th, 2012, 10:08 pm

I've made a list of things that I need. It has one item. It's a t-shirt.

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 30th, 2012, 6:39 am

Shows what I know... I thought he only did happy trees.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 30th, 2012, 6:40 am

Hey, CB&B, do you know who Pinot is? (in the art world, of course)
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 30th, 2012, 8:59 am

Hey, LG, is this dude a client of yours, too?

http://now.msn.com/living/0429-cow-suit-thief.aspx

=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

devildeac wrote:Hey, LG, is this dude a client of yours, too?

http://now.msn.com/living/0429-cow-suit-thief.aspx

=)) =))
My favorite line
To make his unforgettable exit, the guy got down on all fours, apparently trying to pass for an actual cow. Utterly stupefied witnesses told sheriff deputies that the cow-man was passing out the pilfered milk to customers outside the store.
Gotta be in The Varnish Zone!
=)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com