LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » April 24th, 2012, 9:47 pm

For my birthday, my sister and brother-in-law gave me 3 hours of house cleaning. Maria came and cleaned my house. When I changed jobs, my retiring boss paid me for my unused vacation. I decided to take a vacation from cleaning and the wonderful Maria is coming to my house every other week. It was so wonderful to come home to a clean house - and I didn't have to do anything but pick up stuff last night. I'm a very happy camper! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 24th, 2012, 10:26 pm

captmojo wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The one-legged guy is back. This time he is charged with running from the police.

In a car, in case you were wondering. :auto-layrubber: :Police:
It would really be freaky if he was wearing one stolen shoe and carrying a baton at the time he was stopped. =))
I am laughing hysterically at that visual you've created, Captain!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 24th, 2012, 10:27 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:For my birthday, my sister and brother-in-law gave me 3 hours of house cleaning. Maria came and cleaned my house. When I changed jobs, my retiring boss paid me for my unused vacation. I decided to take a vacation from cleaning and the wonderful Maria is coming to my house every other week. It was so wonderful to come home to a clean house - and I didn't have to do anything but pick up stuff last night. I'm a very happy camper! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
That is lovely!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 25th, 2012, 6:26 am

CathyCA wrote:
captmojo wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The one-legged guy is back. This time he is charged with running from the police.

In a car, in case you were wondering. :auto-layrubber: :Police:
It would really be freaky if he was wearing one stolen shoe and carrying a baton at the time he was stopped. =))
I am laughing hysterically at that visual you've created, Captain!

And I still am. =))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 25th, 2012, 7:32 am

captmojo wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

If they ever come up with a way to test for CJD in humans, I'd get it, just so I could continue being a blood donor. But right now, as the nurse at the bloodmobile told me, the only test available is via an autopsy. :-o I'll pass, thanks.
Isn't that the same method to be definite of rabies?

Good thing we didn't step in it. :twitch:
For animals, yes. Rabies can be detected in humans after combining a variety of tests. So if you've got to get something, rabies is better?
sMiles
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 25th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Miles wrote:
captmojo wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:

If they ever come up with a way to test for CJD in humans, I'd get it, just so I could continue being a blood donor. But right now, as the nurse at the bloodmobile told me, the only test available is via an autopsy. :-o I'll pass, thanks.
Isn't that the same method to be definite of rabies?

Good thing we didn't step in it. :twitch:
For animals, yes. Rabies can be detected in humans after combining a variety of tests. So if you've got to get something, rabies is better?
Rabies is definitely preferable to CJD. We are able to detect rabies and a series of vaccines takes care of the problem. CJD is untreatable and an aggressive, nasty prion. It is devastating.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 25th, 2012, 8:07 pm

I have a bad case of the 'Can't help its'. I'm not sure, but I think the only real cure is more cowbell!

Actually, I broke down and went to a record store (remember those?) today after work. I couldn't stand it any longer. My purchase is suggested in the 'Endorsements' thread.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 26th, 2012, 10:22 am

Yesterday's defendant told the court that he took "Philippine" as a medication.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 26th, 2012, 10:55 am

The twitterverse is abuzz with racist comments after Joel Ward scored the definitive goal in the closest series in NHL history to lift the Caps over the Bruins. Stay classy, Boston.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 26th, 2012, 11:05 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Yesterday's defendant told the court that he took "Philippine" as a medication.
What??????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 26th, 2012, 11:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Yesterday's defendant told the court that he took "Philippine" as a medication.

=)) You lawyers have all the fun!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 26th, 2012, 11:30 am

=)) You lawyers have all the fun! Will never figure out how you keep a straight face!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 26th, 2012, 11:31 am

Sorry folks for the double trouble - but then I can use the posts! ;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 26th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Felodipine, maybe? For his "high blood," er, hypertension.

(I'm not a doctor, but I do have to figure this stuff out from time to time.) When my brother was in medical school, they had a specific class which dealt with country medicine and names that people out here in the sticks call their ailments and maladies. They also took a field trip to a farm so that they could see how people got injured in certain pieces of equipment.

Here are some examples of country medical terms:

Hard attack = heart attack
Athletic seizure = epileptic seizure
Cadillacs = cataracts
Oldtimers Disease = Alzheimer's
Chicken pops = chicken pox (Hey, even I called them "chicken pops" when I had them.)
Roaches on the liver = cirrhosis of the liver
Prostrate cancer = prostate cancer
Fireballs of the Eucharist = uterine fibroids
Sick as hell anemia = sickle cell anemia
The sugar = diabetes

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 26th, 2012, 12:22 pm

CathyCA wrote:

(I'm not a doctor, but I do have to figure this stuff out from time to time.) When my brother was in medical school, they had a specific class which dealt with country medicine and names that people out here in the sticks call their ailments and maladies. They also took a field trip to a farm so that they could see how people got injured in certain pieces of equipment.

Cadillacs = cataracts
Chicken pops = chicken pox (Hey, even I called them "chicken pops" when I had them.)
The sugar = diabetes

We have more than our fair share of people coming to court who complain about their "high blood" and having "the sugar."

Defendant's attorney asked what meds he took for schizophrenia. He said "Philippine." Must be a large pill.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for him, since he left a lady younger than me a widow, raising four fatherless children by herself.

At least I'll be retired when he gets out of prison.

Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 26th, 2012, 4:25 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Cadillacs = cataracts
The sugar = diabetes

You forget the smiling mighty Jesus (aka spinal meningitis) :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 26th, 2012, 5:23 pm

A woman I work with complains constantly about the sugar and high blood....it comes from her mommas side poor thing...I am sure her being north of 300lbs has nothing to do with it. :D
(She also has "poor feet" from her daddy's folks].
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 26th, 2012, 6:45 pm

windsor wrote:A woman I work with complains constantly about the sugar and high blood....it comes from her mommas side poor thing...I am sure her being north of 300lbs has nothing to do with it. :D
(She also has "poor feet" from her daddy's folks].
I'd also have "poor feet" if I added about 150 pounds to my frame. Do I know her? Is she a patient of mine? 8-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2012, 7:56 pm

My feet are relatively flat and they are both lefts. But for the most part, unless I run into something, they feel fine.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 26th, 2012, 7:56 pm

bjornolf wrote:The twitterverse is abuzz with racist comments after Joel Ward scored the definitive goal in the closest series in NHL history to lift the Caps over the Bruins. Stay classy, Boston.
Boston does have some issues...