LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » April 11th, 2012, 8:09 am

Miles wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching Mason dribble and run with the ball, I do not enjoy watching him over-dribble in the low post. I'd love to see him add a bit more confidence and get a better feel for dribbling the ball 10-15 feet out. He's showed glimpses of that every season and I think it could blow his game wide open. Dare I see Mason Plumlee has a better handle than the Black Pigeon?

Windsor Law clearly states that "Plumlees do NOT dribble". :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2012, 8:39 am

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy watching Mason dribble and run with the ball, I do not enjoy watching him over-dribble in the low post. I'd love to see him add a bit more confidence and get a better feel for dribbling the ball 10-15 feet out. He's showed glimpses of that every season and I think it could blow his game wide open. Dare I see Mason Plumlee has a better handle than the Black Pigeon?

Windsor Law clearly states that "Plumlees do NOT dribble". :D
Laws were meant to be broken!
:-BD
sMiles
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Miles wrote: Laws were meant to be broken!
Yeah! Job security! :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Generic filler post.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Another generic filler post. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Generic filler post.

Deja vu all over again.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2012, 1:40 pm

But wait, there's more....
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 11th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Ok, next filler post goes in Milestones. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 11th, 2012, 6:13 pm

I am taking advantage of the cool weather and preparing Guinness braised beef and turnips. Our house smells wicked awesome.
sMiles
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 11th, 2012, 11:26 pm

One of the local TV stations just ran a story about a local city in which residents were going to be tested for exposure to various heavy metals (from a local mining company). That's not funny. I did just about fall out of my chair laughing when the reporter talked about testing for cadmium and (pause) molly-BID-dem. Uh, it's molybdenum (muh-LIB-deh-num). If you're going to choose two elements out of a list of heavy metals being tested for, choose ones you know how to say. Or maybe ask someone how to say it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles

Post by Miles » April 12th, 2012, 7:58 am

ArkieDukie wrote:One of the local TV stations just ran a story about a local city in which residents were going to be tested for exposure to various heavy metals (from a local mining company). That's not funny. I did just about fall out of my chair laughing when the reporter talked about testing for cadmium and (pause) molly-BID-dem. Uh, it's molybdenum (muh-LIB-deh-num). If you're going to choose two elements out of a list of heavy metals being tested for, choose ones you know how to say. Or maybe ask someone how to say it.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2012, 9:34 am

Miles wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:One of the local TV stations just ran a story about a local city in which residents were going to be tested for exposure to various heavy metals (from a local mining company). That's not funny. I did just about fall out of my chair laughing when the reporter talked about testing for cadmium and (pause) molly-BID-dem. Uh, it's molybdenum (muh-LIB-deh-num). If you're going to choose two elements out of a list of heavy metals being tested for, choose ones you know how to say. Or maybe ask someone how to say it.
That's damn good, Miles. How did a youngster like you come up with that ancient song? He was singing that stuff before I was even in HS, IIRC. We have even danced to one of his songs, The Masochism Tango. :)) :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Miles

Post by Miles » April 12th, 2012, 10:11 am

devildeac wrote:That's damn good, Miles. How did a youngster like you come up with that ancient song? He was singing that stuff before I was even in HS, IIRC. We have even danced to one of his songs, The Masochism Tango. :)) :))
I was blessed with cool parents who made it their business to make sure we weren't raised by Atari and Nintendo. I remember by dad telling me about this song when we were studying the periodic table. We didn't have Google back then so he did his best to describe it and then one day, we were cruising around in his car and heard a story about Tom Lehrer on the radio; sure enough the played the Element Song! I've never been able to forget it since.
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 12th, 2012, 11:09 am

Just saw an 80 year old fellow in the office who had both eyes operated on for cataracts since I saw him last aobut 3 months ago and he can see so much better now that he likes Duke blue now. Before, his vision was so bad, he could only see the fuzzy, faded blue and is so much happier today :duke: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 12th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Baton Bob showed up and asked for a continuance. Said he was unable to subpoena a witness from the school system since the schools are closed for spring break.

PHB is mad and says no more Mr. Nice Guy. He is especially mad because he went over to meet Baton Bob and shook his hand, and thought it would all be over today.

I am mad because Baton Bob didn't think enough of the proceedings to wear cow headgear, or his wedding dress, or tutu, or even his "I AM A PARADE" shirt.

Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » April 12th, 2012, 1:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Baton Bob showed up and asked for a continuance. Said he was unable to subpoena a witness from the school system since the schools are closed for spring break.

PHB is mad and says no more Mr. Nice Guy. He is especially mad because he went over to meet Baton Bob and shook his hand, and thought it would all be over today.

I am mad because Baton Bob didn't think enough of the proceedings to wear cow headgear, or his wedding dress, or tutu, or even his "I AM A PARADE" shirt.

Then maybe his outfit of choice for a court date was at the cleaners??? :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 12th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Anyone own a stump grinder?
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2012, 8:27 pm

My passport came today! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 12th, 2012, 8:27 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Anyone own a stump grinder?
No, but I think my dad has one.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 12th, 2012, 9:03 pm

I've a stump...and a grinder.
Alas, not together.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"