LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » March 14th, 2012, 3:46 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote:Tampa schools are on spring break, so my office is half empty.

I am bored out of my mind.

http://www.retronaut.co/

Strolling through history is saving my sanity. Hurry up 4 pm
I got to drive Down East today. (For those that don't know what that is, it's BFE, NC.) It was so pretty so I stopped my van a lot and took pics for future paintings. Now I'm back in my office and bored out of my mind. I just filled out my bracket; we win.
downeast.jpg
downeast2.jpg
So pretty.

I remember flying in to ILM once. The approach to the airport is over a swamp. As we were flying in, tears were streaming down my face because I thought it was so beautiful. A swamp. It's home. I love BFE, NC!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 14th, 2012, 7:50 pm

I'm not cut out for manual labor. I spent the afternoon "rehabbing" an old metal building at the back of my yard. I had to rescue it from the small tree branch that had grown onto it, all the thorn bushes that had grown over and around it, fix the roof from where it was damaged in 1996 by Hurricane Bertha (the big one in July before Fran came through in September), and then moved a bunch of plywood I'm going to use to construct a hot box inside the shed. I'm tuckered out. And my back is sore. Time for dinner and a couple of brewski's! No, I didn't play any golf today :(
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 14th, 2012, 8:24 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I'm not cut out for manual labor. I spent the afternoon "rehabbing" an old metal building at the back of my yard. I had to rescue it from the small tree branch that had grown onto it, all the thorn bushes that had grown over and around it, fix the roof from where it was damaged in 1996 by Hurricane Bertha (the big one in July before Fran came through in September), and then moved a bunch of plywood I'm going to use to construct a hot box inside the shed. I'm tuckered out. And my back is sore. Time for dinner and a couple of brewski's! No, I didn't play any golf today :(
I feel your pain, man. I spent the day unpacking boxes in the basement and moving 85 lb. sets of bookshelves around.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 14th, 2012, 10:01 pm

I spent most of the day replying to e-mails and on conference calls. Not too exciting...
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 14th, 2012, 10:22 pm

I spent yesterday and today, visiting my friends in Kenansville. They both were doing OK. I also went to Max's baseball game. I thought it was a JV game. He's also on reserve for varsity. It was varsity. I was disappointed, thinking he would not get to play. To my surprise, he started and was in for 4 innings. The ball was only hit in his area once, he scooped it up and threw, made an out. That was good. Tonight, I cooked.rib-eyes, baked potato, salad, corn (put up from our garden last year) and garlic bread. I'm home and glad to be here. I'm tired.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 14th, 2012, 10:38 pm

I hauled a load of 7 vehicles to Martinsville, unloaded them all, left 4 there and re-loaded the other 3 in their proper order. Then I took 2 to Roanoke and 1 to Bedford. Drove the scenic route back from Bedford past Smith Mountain Lake, (Man! I remember when that was a remote country road with nothing on it.) and came home with the big ugly truck. #:-s

I'm headed to the "Good Night" thread now.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 15th, 2012, 8:22 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I spent yesterday and today, visiting my friends in Kenansville. They both were doing OK. I also went to Max's baseball game. I thought it was a JV game. He's also on reserve for varsity. It was varsity. I was disappointed, thinking he would not get to play. To my surprise, he started and was in for 4 innings. The ball was only hit in his area once, he scooped it up and threw, made an out. That was good. Tonight, I cooked.rib-eyes, baked potato, salad, corn (put up from our garden last year) and garlic bread. I'm home and glad to be here. I'm tired.
YUM! I'm coming to your house for dinner! What's on the menu tonight? ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 15th, 2012, 10:21 am

captmojo wrote:I hauled a load of 7 vehicles to Martinsville, unloaded them all, left 4 there and re-loaded the other 3 in their proper order. Then I took 2 to Roanoke and 1 to Bedford. Drove the scenic route back from Bedford past Smith Mountain Lake, (Man! I remember when that was a remote country road with nothing on it.) and came home with the big ugly truck. #:-s

I'm headed to the "Good Night" thread now.
You should have stopped by to see me in the Varnish Zone! Which one of the Nelson dealerships did you visit?

Iron Duke #1471997.
Miles

Post by Miles » March 15th, 2012, 11:19 am

Buying life insurance was one of the most depressing hours I've spent in a long time. It's nice to come out of the process with a good feeling about protecting Kelly financially, but that really sucked.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 15th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Marty Nessley called me. He is working for the Duke Football Office. I invited him to brunch-gate. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 15th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Marty Nessley called me. He is working for the Duke Football Office. I invited him to brunch-gate. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
He's one of my dear friends. The next time you talk to him, tell him that I said hello. (Or I'll tell him that you said hello the next time I talk to him. ;) )

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 15th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Marty Nessley called me. He is working for the Duke Football Office. I invited him to brunch-gate. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
He may be Cathy's friend, but he ain't mine. I will never forget the time that jackass said to me "watch out you little motherfucker" while I was at computer camp at Duke one summer. I don't know what year it was, but I was outside Cameron and had just been stung by a bee, so that added insult to injury. Don't know what I did to bring that on, but whatever it was, that was inexcusable and forever memorable. I bet it was 1984 or 85, I was still a kid. I hope he gets stung by a bee at tailgate.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 15th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Miles wrote:Buying life insurance was one of the most depressing hours I've spent in a long time. It's nice to come out of the process with a good feeling about protecting Kelly financially, but that really sucked.
Wow, I know the feeling. The best part of that is when it's over.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » March 15th, 2012, 7:34 pm

Not a whole lot of posting going on...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 15th, 2012, 8:17 pm

He may be Cathy's friend, but he ain't mine. I will never forget the time that jackass said to me "watch out you little motherfucker" while I was at computer camp at Duke one summer. I don't know what year it was, but I was outside Cameron and had just been stung by a bee, so that added insult to injury. Don't know what I did to bring that on, but whatever it was, that was inexcusable and forever memorable. I bet it was 1984 or 85, I was still a kid. I hope he gets stung by a bee at tailgate.
I'm not sure we'll have enough food to feed Marty. He's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig boy! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Miles wrote:Buying life insurance was one of the most depressing hours I've spent in a long time. It's nice to come out of the process with a good feeling about protecting Kelly financially, but that really sucked.
Funny, I thought it was a painless transaction. We stalled until we were in our 40s, so it felt (to me) like we were playing with house money. And we stretched it out so that when the term is up, we're worthless anyway. It was also easy to compare apples to apples onlne. I look at it as prepaid guaranteed lottery tickets. If they hit, we win big time. If they don't? Oh well, we didn't need them anyway...

You want to know depressing? Try buying a mattress after 20+ years out of the market. I think I'd rather take my chances jumping off a bridge without a parachute...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Turk

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I'm not sure we'll have enough food to feed Marty. He's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig boy! :9f:
Remember the golden rule: "The faster you eat, the more you get!!"
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 15th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Ouch, that's rather harsh and inappropriate.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Turk

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:Tampa schools are on spring break, so my office is half empty.

I am bored out of my mind.

http://www.retronaut.co/

Strolling through history is saving my sanity. Hurry up 4 pm
I got to drive Down East today. (For those that don't know what that is, it's BFE, NC.) It was so pretty so I stopped my van a lot and took pics for future paintings. Now I'm back in my office and bored out of my mind. I just filled out my bracket; we win.
downeast.jpg
downeast2.jpg
So pretty.

I remember flying in to ILM once. The approach to the airport is over a swamp. As we were flying in, tears were streaming down my face because I thought it was so beautiful. A swamp. It's home. I love BFE, NC!

ILM is a nice airport. I flew in there on a golf junket when all the Myrtle flights sucked and we had a bunch of Brunswick County courses teed up (pun intended). I'd consider paying double airfare if it was guaranteed I could walk off (and on) the plane right from the rental cars without taking one of those @#@!#$ shuttles out to Greater Mongolia and back...
Turk

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:27 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Ouch, that's rather harsh and inappropriate.

@};- @};-
Maybe, maybe not. I remember watching the "Big Cat" prowl around campus and thinking he wasn't exactly the smartest knife in the drawer. Now maybe he's a really nice guy that got caught on a bad day; no telling... More importantly, some of us outgrow our juvenile tendencies, aging like fine wine, rather than turning into fine whiners...