LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 8th, 2012, 8:47 am

Miles wrote:Has anybody had Claussen's new Hot and Spicy pickles?
:flame: :pickle: =p~ :ymhug:

If you enjoy spicy treats, and are a fan of pickles then I highly recommend. They are more spicy than I imagined and have a really nice kick.
Have Lavabe send you some of his pickled peppers. :flame:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 8th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Is wondering if the Doctors Asshat have done Arkie in for the crime of parking in their space.... she has been awfully quiet since she posted about them...

ARKIE - how's the new gig????

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 8th, 2012, 8:47 pm

windsor wrote:Is wondering if the Doctors Asshat have done Arkie in for the crime of parking in their space.... she has been awfully quiet since she posted about them...

The new gig is crazy busy. My new boss assigned a rotation student to me on my second day in the lab. In other words, I am teaching a student to use an instrument I've never used before while working in a lab I've never worked in before. I'm staying a step ahead of the student at the moment. Otherwise, things are good.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 8th, 2012, 8:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:Is wondering if the Doctors Asshat have done Arkie in for the crime of parking in their space.... she has been awfully quiet since she posted about them...

The new gig is crazy busy. My new boss assigned a rotation student to me on my second day in the lab. In other words, I am teaching a student to use an instrument I've never used before while working in a lab I've never worked in before. I'm staying a step ahead of the student at the moment. Otherwise, things are good.
So good to hear things are going well! You deserve a smiley job! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 9th, 2012, 9:04 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Glad things are going well...we will just have to wait until you get your head above water and your boxes unpacked for the details. :-w :-w :-w :-w
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

At least you're having fun! You are having fun, right? B-) :ymhug: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 9th, 2012, 8:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

As long as you stay one step ahead of your student, you're golden. We all know what happens when the student becomes the master. :vader:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 10th, 2012, 6:37 am

How did NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) become a member of the GREAT WEST conference? :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 10th, 2012, 8:01 am

Lavabe wrote:How did NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) become a member of the GREAT WEST conference? :-o

You know, I saw that too and shook my head. There are two schools from Texas and one from Illinois in that conference as well. Apparently they have a broad definition of 'West'.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 10th, 2012, 8:13 am

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:How did NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology) become a member of the GREAT WEST conference? :-o

You know, I saw that too and shook my head. There are two schools from Texas and one from Illinois in that conference as well. Apparently they have a broad definition of 'West'.
Are they all west of the NYC metro area? Maybe that's the broad definition of west.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 10th, 2012, 8:17 am

There's a problem with my DVR. Apparently they gave me one with a hard drive that's dying. Picture freezes frequently in both live and recorded programs. Comcast tech support wanted me to repeat everything I've already done. I need to take my box to a local office to get a replacement. There's no office in Galveston, so I need to drive halfway to Houston in order to get a replacement. It was either this or wait several days for them to send a technician to solve the problem. Do I run this errand this morning, or do I wait until after the game? :-?

Unfortunately it may be the latter. i'm supposed to be attending a social event in Houston this evening, and I need to do some unpacking.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 10th, 2012, 9:39 am

The same way Boise St. may end up in the Big East.

Sports geography is elastic. IIRC, when the Carolina Panthers came into existence, they were part of the NFC WEST, along with those Left Coasters New Orleans and Atlanta. (I suppose the theory was the 49ers were the only team that counted.)

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 10th, 2012, 9:47 am

Sports geography is all being driven by college football. I think college football is okay, but am sad about the impact it is having on college basketball rivalries.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 11th, 2012, 7:53 pm

Happy to see my second alma mater win the SEC title.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 11th, 2012, 8:43 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Happy to see my second alma mater win the SEC title.
Congrats, Ymo!
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 11th, 2012, 10:24 pm

I am glad Harvard made it in. Way to go Tommy!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 11th, 2012, 11:25 pm

I ordered an iPad 2 tonight. There's free engraving if you order online, and so I chose "Duke Fans 4ever. Let's Go Devils!" for my two lines of engraving.

Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 11th, 2012, 11:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I ordered an iPad 2 tonight. There's free engraving if you order online, and so I chose "Duke Fans 4ever. Let's Go Devils!" for my two lines of engraving.

A "2"? Not the New iPad?

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 11th, 2012, 11:52 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I ordered an iPad 2 tonight. There's free engraving if you order online, and so I chose "Duke Fans 4ever. Let's Go Devils!" for my two lines of engraving.

A "2"? Not the New iPad?
Oops. Yeah, the new one.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 12th, 2012, 12:05 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

A "2"? Not the New iPad?
Oops. Yeah, the new one.
:D B-) :9f:

Please feel free to buy one for me, too! =))