LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » February 26th, 2012, 11:11 am

ArkieDukie wrote:My head board is made from cedar wood. Will mold grow on that?
Yes. But with Cedar, it's very slow. Mix up bleach with water at a weak solution. Apply sparingly, especially on facing side.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 26th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Watched Jaws this afternoon. They had ads for Long John Silver and the Wendy's fish sandwich. Interesting ad placements... :))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2012, 10:06 am

I have a new grill! Well actually I have a replacement for an old grill. I'm bad and even though I have a cover for my old grill I rarely used it (it's hard to grill with a cover on) so the firebox got rusty and all the wood fell apart. Julie was not thrilled about having Ol' TrustyRusty in our yard, so she said if I would buy the firebox (which I was doing anyway) she would buy a new grill and we can leave the old one by the road for someone to take away. So tonight I get to put together my new grill, and hopefully I will occasionally cover it. With both my large grills and my 3 smokers I can now feed a small army.

This is what my new one looks like, it will be happily used for our cookoff in King's Mountain.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 27th, 2012, 10:20 am

A friend from ADH just told me that Supervisor Barbie is no longer working there. I must find out the dirt on this one while I'm in town. Did she snow someone else into hiring her, or did her gross incompetence catch up with her? Inquiring minds want to know!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 27th, 2012, 10:23 am

ArkieDukie wrote:A friend from ADH just told me that Supervisor Barbie is no longer working there. I must find out the dirt on this one while I'm in town. Did she snow someone else into hiring her, or did her gross incompetence catch up with her? Inquiring minds want to know!

...and we wait on the edge of our seats for the next installment....

Hoping karma caught up with her.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 27th, 2012, 10:26 am

ArkieDukie wrote:A friend from ADH just told me that Supervisor Barbie is no longer working there. I must find out the dirt on this one while I'm in town. Did she snow someone else into hiring her, or did her gross incompetence catch up with her? Inquiring minds want to know!
Wow. :)) :ymdevil:

Definitely let us know what you find out....
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2012, 12:55 pm

As long as she doesn't show up in Galveston next week. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2012, 1:28 pm

I can hardly wait!! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 27th, 2012, 1:30 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I have a new grill! Well actually I have a replacement for an old grill. I'm bad and even though I have a cover for my old grill I rarely used it (it's hard to grill with a cover on) so the firebox got rusty and all the wood fell apart. Julie was not thrilled about having Ol' TrustyRusty in our yard, so she said if I would buy the firebox (which I was doing anyway) she would buy a new grill and we can leave the old one by the road for someone to take away. So tonight I get to put together my new grill, and hopefully I will occasionally cover it. With both my large grills and my 3 smokers I can now feed a small army.

This is what my new one looks like, it will be happily used for our cookoff in King's Mountain.
The army will come if you cook. :D :9f:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 27th, 2012, 6:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I have a new grill! Well actually I have a replacement for an old grill. I'm bad and even though I have a cover for my old grill I rarely used it (it's hard to grill with a cover on) so the firebox got rusty and all the wood fell apart. Julie was not thrilled about having Ol' TrustyRusty in our yard, so she said if I would buy the firebox (which I was doing anyway) she would buy a new grill and we can leave the old one by the road for someone to take away. So tonight I get to put together my new grill, and hopefully I will occasionally cover it. With both my large grills and my 3 smokers I can now feed a small army.

We have the same grill!!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 27th, 2012, 6:38 pm

Oh boy. It's a shame we don't have a PPB around here. I have some facts I'd like to share with several of the candidates for whom I won't be voting.

There. I feel better.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2012, 9:05 pm

DukePA wrote:

We have the same grill!!!
Actually you have the even larger version of this one. :ymapplause:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 28th, 2012, 8:43 am

What does one take after a late night drive-by? 8-|
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 28th, 2012, 8:56 am

Lavabe wrote:What does one take after a late night drive-by? 8-|
A glass of warm milk?

~ James Naismith
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » February 28th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Does anybody who posts here not read the LTE?

If this is the only place you get Bostondevil updates, Ronnie had an MRI yesterday. The tumor is stable. It has remained the same for a year now so chemotherapy is done for now. Let's hope forever.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 28th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Does anybody who posts here not read the LTE?

If this is the only place you get Bostondevil updates, Ronnie had an MRI yesterday. The tumor is stable. It has remained the same for a year now so chemotherapy is done for now. Let's hope forever.

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

That is wonderful news!! I hope he never has to hear the word 'chemo' again.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 28th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I saw this on FB. This is great news. Vibes that Ronnie is done with chemo. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 28th, 2012, 11:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

I saw this on FB. This is great news. Vibes that Ronnie is done with chemo. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Ditto!

Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 29th, 2012, 8:24 am

Saw your post on FB about that...so awesome to hear this! Continued vibes for never again! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 29th, 2012, 7:15 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Saw your post on FB about that...so awesome to hear this! Continued vibes for never again! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Oh yeah!!! Stay away cancer cells!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: