LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by EarlJam » February 24th, 2012, 10:38 am

windsor wrote: That is correct. He is a former ref.
Is today Windsor's birthday??

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 24th, 2012, 10:41 am

EarlJam wrote:

-EJ

It is. I am 35...by a certain method of expressing numbers.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 24th, 2012, 10:46 am

windsor wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EJ

Happy Birthday, Windsor! :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-candle: :occasion-cake: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 24th, 2012, 9:02 pm

What a day. The survey person for the moving company underestimated the amount of stuff by 20+ boxes. Packing and loading both took longer than expected. It has been a LONG day.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 24th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Today the mystery of why I've been sick so much was solved. When the movers took the headboard for my bed, they discovered a huge patch of mold on the wall. Behind my bedroom wall, on the outside of the building, are the meters for every unit in my building. There's no tuck pointing above the meters, and there's a bit of a gap between the meters and the wall. Therefore, every time it rains, the moisture comes through the wall, making the mold very happy. Now I need to check the head board before it comes into my apartment. If it's moldy, I cannot have it in the apartment - unless I want to stay sick all the time, that is.

Have I mentioned that I'm extremely allergic to mold?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 24th, 2012, 10:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Today the mystery of why I've been sick so much was solved. When the movers took the headboard for my bed, they discovered a huge patch of mold on the wall. Behind my bedroom wall, on the outside of the building, are the meters for every unit in my building. There's no tuck pointing above the meters, and there's a bit of a gap between the meters and the wall. Therefore, every time it rains, the moisture comes through the wall, making the mold very happy. Now I need to check the head board before it comes into my apartment. If it's moldy, I cannot have it in the apartment - unless I want to stay sick all the time, that is.

EWWWW!

Yet another reason for you to leave town! I hope that the mold abatement in your current home doesn't cost too much.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 24th, 2012, 10:55 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Today the mystery of why I've been sick so much was solved. When the movers took the headboard for my bed, they discovered a huge patch of mold on the wall. Behind my bedroom wall, on the outside of the building, are the meters for every unit in my building. There's no tuck pointing above the meters, and there's a bit of a gap between the meters and the wall. Therefore, every time it rains, the moisture comes through the wall, making the mold very happy. Now I need to check the head board before it comes into my apartment. If it's moldy, I cannot have it in the apartment - unless I want to stay sick all the time, that is.

EWWWW!

Yet another reason for you to leave town! I hope that the mold abatement in your current home doesn't cost too much.

The good news for me is that the condo association is likely responsible for the cost of fixing the problem. I spoke with our building rep, and that's what she thinks. They're responsible for the building and exterior, and the mold problem is due to an issue on the outside of the building.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 24th, 2012, 11:22 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

EWWWW!

The good news for me is that the condo association is likely responsible for the cost of fixing the problem. I spoke with our building rep, and that's what she thinks. They're responsible for the building and exterior, and the mold problem is due to an issue on the outside of the building.
Good! I hope she's right. Meanwhile, don't forget about this http://www.greentechenv.com/gt1500
eliminates Smoke & Odors - Doesn't Cover Them Up
significantly Reduces Mold, Bacteria, & Viruses
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 24th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Glad you are getting away from this.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 25th, 2012, 12:26 am

Miles wrote:We're saving up for honeymoon later this year!
:D :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 25th, 2012, 12:27 am

windsor wrote:
EarlJam wrote:

-EJ

Still your birthday out here, hope it was a good one for you! (Then again, anytime anyone gives you whiskey, it can't be a bad birthday, can it?)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 25th, 2012, 7:40 am

CathyCA wrote:

EWWWW!

Double Ewwww!! Glad to hear you are leaving the mold behind.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 25th, 2012, 8:04 am

My head board is made from cedar wood. Will mold grow on that?
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 25th, 2012, 8:33 am

Went to supper last night with a friend who happens to be a former coworker. Found out that NuBarbie's office is being completely remodeled, so she has to sit at my old desk while the work is being done. She's getting all new furniture and everything.

I wonder if PHB has bothered to think about how it makes the other people in the lab feel when he does stuff like this. Seriously, a newly remodeled office for someone who has been there for less than a year? The guy who has worked for PHB the longest, in a position that is allegedly equivalent to NuBarbie's, shared an office with me. It's also the lab common room, containing 2 printers and a fax machine. It's maybe slightly larger than NuBarbie's office. It's like the community gathering place, which sometimes made it difficult to get anything accomplished. Wonder how long it will take her to complain about the constant stream of traffic and noise?

So nice of me to leave just in time for her big office remodel. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2012, 9:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Went to supper last night with a friend who happens to be a former coworker. Found out that NuBarbie's office is being completely remodeled, so she has to sit at my old desk while the work is being done. She's getting all new furniture and everything.

I wonder if PHB has bothered to think about how it makes the other people in the lab feel when he does stuff like this. Seriously, a newly remodeled office for someone who has been there for less than a year? The guy who has worked for PHB the longest, in a position that is allegedly equivalent to NuBarbie's, shared an office with me. It's also the lab common room, containing 2 printers and a fax machine. It's maybe slightly larger than NuBarbie's office. It's like the community gathering place, which sometimes made it difficult to get anything accomplished. Wonder how long it will take her to complain about the constant stream of traffic and noise?

So nice of me to leave just in time for her big office remodel. :ymdevil:
I am so glad your out of there. You don't need that place. PHB has lost the "cream of the crop".
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2012, 9:31 am

The fonts on my pc are giving me a fit. Something I must be doing makes them so tiny I can hardly read them. I know there must be a simple solution to make them larger but I have not been able to find the answer. I have Windows 7. The pc is a Toshiba. Any suggestions?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 25th, 2012, 9:41 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:The fonts on my pc are giving me a fit. Something I must be doing makes them so tiny I can hardly read them. I know there must be a simple solution to make them larger but I have not been able to find the answer. I have Windows 7. The pc is a Toshiba. Any suggestions?
If you are talking about the display on your browser, try this: press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key and the shift key and then " + " (plus sign) key at the same time. Each time you press the "+ over =" key (with the other two held down) your display font should get larger. If you have a separate number keypad on your notebook with a separate + key, just press the control and + keys to make it larger. The shift key in example one is to type the + key instead of the = key. If you want to make it smaller, hold down the control key and press the " - " (minus) key. This works on Firefox and I think Internet Explorer.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2012, 10:21 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:The fonts on my pc are giving me a fit. Something I must be doing makes them so tiny I can hardly read them. I know there must be a simple solution to make them larger but I have not been able to find the answer. I have Windows 7. The pc is a Toshiba. Any suggestions?
If you are talking about the display on your browser, try this: press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key and the shift key and then " + " (plus sign) key at the same time. Each time you press the "+ over =" key (with the other two held down) your display font should get larger. If you have a separate number keypad on your notebook with a separate + key, just press the control and + keys to make it larger. The shift key in example one is to type the + key instead of the = key. If you want to make it smaller, hold down the control key and press the " - " (minus) key. This works on Firefox and I think Internet Explorer.
Thanks Ozzie, it worked. Now I can see what I'm typing and read so much easier. :ymhug: :9f:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » February 25th, 2012, 12:43 pm

If you want to increase the text size/visibility across the system, not just the browser, you can try two other things:

1) Increase system font -- go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display, and choose a larger size.

2) Reduce screen resolution -- go to above, and select "Screen resolution," and select something with lower numbers (e.g. 1024x768).
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2012, 4:09 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
If you want to increase the text size/visibility across the system, not just the browser, you can try two other things:

1) Increase system font -- go to Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display, and choose a larger size.

2) Reduce screen resolution -- go to above, and select "Screen resolution," and select something with lower numbers (e.g. 1024x768).
Thanks. I appreciate the information.