LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » February 14th, 2012, 6:37 pm

UTMB has contracts with 3 movers. I sent out requests for estimates last week; the last mover contacted me today. They have already locked in dates for the move, and their dates work out well with my schedule. Their person has the first walk-through scheduled. Despite being the last ones to contact me, their representative has been the best one to work with. It will be interesting to see how their estimate compares with the others.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 14th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Just home from Flemings (I had too much wine in celebration of my jury trial tomorrow becoming a guilty plea tomorrow) and watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show on USA. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 14th, 2012, 9:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:UTMB has contracts with 3 movers. I sent out requests for estimates last week; the last mover contacted me today. They have already locked in dates for the move, and their dates work out well with my schedule. Their person has the first walk-through scheduled. Despite being the last ones to contact me, their representative has been the best one to work with. It will be interesting to see how their estimate compares with the others.
Now THIS is an interesting dilemma! :)) :D =)) :D :happy-bouncyblue: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 15th, 2012, 9:45 am

The Mate is going through a strain of Flu...I think. Heavy chest congestion and coughing/wheezing are worst symptoms. No fever at present. She's doing a liquid cough med with Hydrocodone. Someone told her something about a liqouer called 'After Shock'. Shit tastes like cinnamon flavored mouthwash.

Oh yeah. BTW, she ain't going all 'Whitney' on me. The two substances above aren't going together. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 15th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Woo hoo! About 20 minutes ago, our doorbell rang. It was a Forsyth Co. Sheriff's Office Investigator, who returned the GPS that was stolen from my car in November.

I had registered it when I bought it, so Garmin had a record of the serial number and we were able to get the number to the Sheriff's Office, who was alerted when it was sold at a pawn shop. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 15th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Miami's fans just chanted "Aus-tin Riv-ers" to Tyler Zeller before two free throws.

He missed both. :)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2012, 9:22 pm

captmojo wrote:The Mate is going through a strain of Flu...I think. Heavy chest congestion and coughing/wheezing are worst symptoms. No fever at present. She's doing a liquid cough med with Hydrocodone. Someone told her something about a liqouer called 'After Shock'. Shit tastes like cinnamon flavored mouthwash.

Oh yeah. BTW, she ain't going all 'Whitney' on me. The two substances above aren't going together. :twitch:
I hope the "Mate" gets well very soon. Hugs and vibes coming her way. :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2012, 9:24 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Woo hoo! About 20 minutes ago, our doorbell rang. It was a Forsyth Co. Sheriff's Office Investigator, who returned the GPS that was stolen from my car in November.

I had registered it when I bought it, so Garmin had a record of the serial number and we were able to get the number to the Sheriff's Office, who was alerted when it was sold at a pawn shop. :duke:
Wow. Good job, they did. I have to appreciate most sheriffs departments. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2012, 9:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Miami's fans just chanted "Aus-tin Riv-ers" to Tyler Zeller before two free throws.

Yup. =)) =)) =)) =)) :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2012, 9:29 pm

We had a nice dinner. Pork chops on the grill, sweet potatoes, tomato casserole and Italian bread. Yum. :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Darn, tie game. GTHC!!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Miami's fans just chanted "Aus-tin Riv-ers" to Tyler Zeller before two free throws.

Excellent!

Hey, where is everyone? Come join me in Section 21! :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 15th, 2012, 10:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:

Excellent!

Hey, where is everyone? Come join me in Section 21! :9f:
Sorry I missed you. I stopped in earlier but no one was there, and then Mom called and I was tied up for a solid hour, listening to the newest updates on her hearing aids and the latest chapter of "As the Church Turns."

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 15th, 2012, 10:29 pm

captmojo wrote:The Mate is going through a strain of Flu...I think. Heavy chest congestion and coughing/wheezing are worst symptoms. No fever at present. She's doing a liquid cough med with Hydrocodone. Someone told her something about a liqouer called 'After Shock'. Shit tastes like cinnamon flavored mouthwash.

How's the First Mate feeling? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for her to feel better!

PS :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 15th, 2012, 11:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Sorry I missed you. I stopped in earlier but no one was there, and then Mom called and I was tied up for a solid hour, listening to the newest updates on her hearing aids and the latest chapter of "As the Church Turns."

Gonna borrow that. You wouldn't believe how often I hear episodes of that same show!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » February 16th, 2012, 12:12 am

That sounds more like pneumonia to me. :(

Hope the mate gets better quickly, and that what she's got isn't contagious! :wizard: :wizard:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 16th, 2012, 8:44 am

Almost makes you like those Hurricanes doesn't it? :ymdevil:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Miles

Post by Miles » February 16th, 2012, 11:10 am

I might be in the minority, but I didn't appreciate the Miami fans chanting "Austin Rivers". I'm all for heckling, but it felt kinda trashy and weak. Isn't there anyone on your own team behind which you rally?

:-w L-)
sMiles
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 16th, 2012, 11:22 am

Miles wrote:I might be in the minority, but I didn't appreciate the Miami fans chanting "Austin Rivers". I'm all for heckling, but it felt kinda trashy and weak. Isn't there anyone on your own team behind which you rally?

I would agree if it were not

A) Carolina and
B)Zeller

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f: :9f: :9f:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Miles

Post by Miles » February 16th, 2012, 4:36 pm

windsor wrote:
Miles wrote:I might be in the minority, but I didn't appreciate the Miami fans chanting "Austin Rivers". I'm all for heckling, but it felt kinda trashy and weak. Isn't there anyone on your own team behind which you rally?

I would agree if it were not

A) Carolina and
B)Zeller

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:9f: :9f: :9f:
For me that just makes it worse. Go find your own college rivalry and stop picking over our Ram scraps!
Last edited by Miles on February 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to correct the worst typo!
sMiles