Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 13th, 2012, 3:03 pm

windsor wrote:
knights68 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:As I've said before -

U G L Y
You ain't got no alibi
They're ugly, Carolina ugly.
Isn't "Carolina Ugly" redundant? I mean I was just thinking, to save time and all ;)
It would be simply "Carolina".
For instance, "That person was beyond fugly, they were Carolina".
Or, "Did you see that lady with the beautiful body? Great body, Carolina Face"! lol
Maybe even, "Don't Hate, Don't be mean, Dont be Carolina".
:)) :))
Carolina is not hte same as ugly. There are degrees of ugly. The ugly that lives 10 rings of hell beyond "so ugly that I can't look without gagging" is Carolina Ugly.
Mike O'Koren was long ago named permanent captain of the All-Ugly team. Google him if you don't remember him - he played in the 70's.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 13th, 2012, 3:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Mike O'Koren was long ago named permanent captain of the All-Ugly team. Google him if you don't remember him - he played in the 70's.
Been there...seen that. :ymsick:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 13th, 2012, 8:48 pm

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Mike O'Koren was long ago named permanent captain of the All-Ugly team. Google him if you don't remember him - he played in the 70's.
I remember when both he and Rich Chiki Yonnaker played. The pair was U-G-L-Y #-o .
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 13th, 2012, 10:38 pm

windsor wrote:
Mike O'Koren was secretly married to Kim Cline, one of the UNC cheerleaders, when he played at UNC.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 13th, 2012, 10:39 pm

WRT the gray unis: Coach K said on his TV show that the team was only going to wear the gray unis for the Terp game.

It was a one-time thing.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 13th, 2012, 11:19 pm

windsor wrote:
I thought it was the All - Oxy team.
Life is good!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 14th, 2012, 11:39 am

So, five days ago the BUTT broke down and I had to have it towed in. The guy that our breakdown service had sent out, attached a computerized diagnostic reader to the system and it determined that the problem was a dead solenoid operator on the fuel injector for the #2 engine cylinder. This info was passed along to our service department. I was told that was nice but they were going to repeat the check. Okay. I don't give a shit. Retest it all you want. I'm going home.

I haven't heard an update on the repair. I also have not but told it was complete. This morning, I decided to go in and see what was taking so long. This thing should have been ready the next day. The reader that our shop has is broken down. Damn! Why do they pay the exorbitant costs they put out to a breakdown service, if they aren't going to rely on anything their mechanics have to offer? What complete dumbasses! What fools! What maroons!

The shop boss says he's waited long enough to try and get the reader fixed, so they're gonna pull it back in the shop and take the service's mechanic's word for it. Duh! At least it'll happen today.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 12:01 pm

the problem was a dead solenoid operator on the fuel injector for the #2 engine cylinder
GAH! I hate it when that happens.

What's a solenoid operator? :-\

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 14th, 2012, 12:58 pm

CathyCA wrote:
the problem was a dead solenoid operator on the fuel injector for the #2 engine cylinder
GAH! I hate it when that happens.

What's a solenoid operator? :-\

=)) =)) =))
It's the thingamabob on the dohicky! It's right next to the blinker fluid reservoir. B-)

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 14th, 2012, 12:59 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:
I thought it was the All - Oxy team.
OXY TEAM.... =)) =))

Was Mike O'Koren the unc player with the bad acne. Seems like there were 2 or 3 bball players with bad acne. Too bad Proactiv wasn't out then.

If Mike O'Koren was secretly married to a Unc cheerleader...... when did that news break. Today, it wouldn't be a secret, with social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Texting).
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 1:26 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
OXY TEAM.... =)) =))

Was Mike O'Koren the unc player with the bad acne. Seems like there were 2 or 3 bball players with bad acne. Too bad Proactiv wasn't out then.

If Mike O'Koren was secretly married to a Unc cheerleader...... when did that news break. Today, it wouldn't be a secret, with social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Texting).

Here's a link to an article in the Times-News of Hendersonville, N.C., dated October 8, 1980. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 44,3981262

Here's a link to an article in the Milwaukee Journal dated September 24, 1980, discussing their secret marriage and divorce. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 41,2522063

It was weird then, it's weird now.

Am I the only one who remembers this secret marriage?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 5:24 pm

FOUR HOURS?

It's been four hours since anyone (cough *ME* cough) has posted in Our House.

What's up with you people? Do you have jobs and sweetie pies and other obligations that tear you away from the internet? :D

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OXY TEAM.... =)) =))

Here's a link to an article in the Times-News of Hendersonville, N.C., dated October 8, 1980. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 44,3981262

Here's a link to an article in the Milwaukee Journal dated September 24, 1980, discussing their secret marriage and divorce. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 41,2522063

Yes, it was a secret and you're the only one who knew about it. Today is the first I've heard about it.

Yes, O'Koren had really bad acne, which is one of the reasons he was so ugly!

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm

CathyCA wrote:FOUR HOURS?

It's been four hours since anyone (cough *ME* cough) has posted in Our House.

What's up with you people? Do you have jobs and sweetie pies and other obligations that tear you away from the internet? :D

I'm working on my taxes. Only checked in here when I had to go look something else up on line. B-)

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 5:54 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OXY TEAM.... =)) =))

Yes, it was a secret and you're the only one who knew about it. Today is the first I've heard about it.

Yes, O'Koren had really bad acne, which is one of the reasons he was so ugly!
I wonder why they had to keep that marriage secret. I wonder why they got married at all--maybe it was about sex and assuaging guilt. Maybe Kim knew that he was going to be very rich in the NBA and wanted a piece of that pie. But why wouldn't Mike have wanted anyone to know that he was married to a girl who was gorgeous enough to be a model? Would he have lost his scholarship if TPTB had found out that he was married? In order to get the Morehead scholarship, students must be unmarried (and without children). I wonder if the basketball scholarships had the same requirements.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 6:03 pm

I'll answer my own question since no one else is posting this afternoon (except Ozzie, TYVM).

Here's a link to an article in the Milwaukee Journal dated September 25, 1980: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 77,3385138

"I don't know why it was kept a secret," said Homer Cline of Morganton, N.C., "but that's my daughter's problem."

Gee, thanks for all the support, Dad.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 6:06 pm

And now I'm wondering what Kim Cline is up to these days.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 6:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:And now I'm wondering what Kim Cline is up to these days.

From the Carolina Alumni Review, dated May/June 2008: http://www.carolinaalumnireview.com/car ... 506/?pg=98

"Kimberly Rene Cline ('80 BSIR) of Garden City, NY has been named president of Mercy College."

Wow! Beauty and brains, too.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Oh my. Here she is! What a very smart, motivated woman! https://www.mercy.edu/about-mercy-colle ... president/

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 14th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Crazy week. Am getting quotes from 3 movers; representatives are coming for walk-throughs over the next couple of days. Starting to get stuff in order at the Galveston end for the move-in. This is my last week at work, so I'm tying stuff up. Good times.

The Minion came in today for a meeting with PHB. Yet again, she avoided me like the plague. Nope, not upset. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein