Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Turk » February 6th, 2012, 8:13 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Turk wrote: http://www.mikecross.com/calendar.asp

Even better, he's wandering across the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon line this summer as well, for Bethlehem's music festival... I took Mrs. Turk to see him a long time ago, back in DC before the young Turks started hatching. It was either Wolf Trap or the Birchmere, and afterward a thoroughly entertained Mrs. Turk asked, "How do you find these people?"
When is said event? I may have to schedule a trip to visit Sister Sue and family at that time. He played in KC a long time ago when he had come to the Winfield Festival - it was a small club and not huge attendance so we got to visit with him afterward.
Well, Mike has it as 8/12 on his calendar, the Musikfest site says the entire festival is August 3-12. http://www.musikfest.org/
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 6th, 2012, 9:14 am

windsor wrote:So it seems that a bunch of us CTNers were at the Mike Cross show in the fall of 1979. How weird is that.

I don't know who put the liquor in the well, but I think I know who found it!
I remember being amazed that anyone could run all over Page (literally, he wound up in the balcony) and fiddle at the same time. That's some serious athleticsm. I bet he can't do that now!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 6th, 2012, 9:16 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
windsor wrote:So it seems that a bunch of us CTNers were at the Mike Cross show in the fall of 1979. How weird is that.

I remember being amazed that anyone could run all over Page (literally, he wound up in the balcony) and fiddle at the same time. That's some serious athleticsm. I bet he can't do that now!
There are a few things I could do back then that I can't do now.... :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 6th, 2012, 6:04 pm

windsor wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:

There are a few things I could do back then that I can't do now.... :D
I can do everything now that I could do then. I just can't do them for as long... or as often! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 6th, 2012, 7:01 pm

I'm ready for the Duke Ladies Game!!!!! Go Duke Ladies!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 6th, 2012, 9:04 pm

WOOOWOOOOO!!!! Our Duke Ladies did it!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 6th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:WOOOWOOOOO!!!! Our Duke Ladies did it!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Yeah!
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 7th, 2012, 2:31 pm

It is an unsettling feeling to be sitting in a doctor's office listening to "Nearer My God to Thee" on the Muzak.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 7th, 2012, 2:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It is an unsettling feeling to be sitting in a doctor's office listening to "Nearer My God to Thee" on the Muzak.

Not a good music choice. Hope everything is ok.

Life is good!
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 7th, 2012, 4:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It is an unsettling feeling to be sitting in a doctor's office listening to "Nearer My God to Thee" on the Muzak.

Switch doctors QUICK!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 7th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Hurry up and wait.

B's surgeon said because of his past heart issues, he has to see his version of DD to get cleared before they will schedule his gall bladder surgery.

Hopefully they will have him set up soon but not during my murder jury next Wednesday and Thursday.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 7th, 2012, 9:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Hurry up and wait.

B's surgeon said because of his past heart issues, he has to see his version of DD to get cleared before they will schedule his gall bladder surgery.

Hopefully they will have him set up soon but not during my murder jury next Wednesday and Thursday.
I'm sending vibes for B and you. Also prayers. I sure hope all goes well. :ymhug: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

:9f: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 7th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Poor guy! Hope they've given him some good pain meds in the meantime! Vibes & prayers from Iowa!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 8th, 2012, 7:51 am

I see one of these tests in his future:

:hamster:

I have an opening tomorrow afternoon...

:whistle:

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 8th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Oh my goodness! This surgery is as about as dangerous as getting one's ears pierced. They don't even use stitches to close the surgery holes.

I suppose it's a good thing, though, that they're making sure that nothing will go wrong. Rev. Lawgrad will do fine, just FINE, with this procedure.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 8th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Karl Lagerfield says "Adele is a little too fat."

CBS) Karl Lagerfeld is never ashamed to say exactly what he thinks.

Now, the Chanel designer is talking size again - a subject that has gotten him in trouble before - telling the Metro, "The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice."

The designer's statement was in response to his thoughts on singer Lana del Rey, saying he prefers Adele and Florence Welch.

Lagerfeld has famously criticized overweight women before saying, "No one wants to see curvy women" to the news magazine Focus in 2009,

about a ban one magazine imposed on skinny models.

KARL was FAT for many many years, and would have a FAN in his hand because he would Sweat so much. ADELE is a wonderful writer and singer, and should walk away with many GRAMMY awards this year. Adele is not a Model, Supermodel or runway Model. And with eating disorders (like Demi Moore and the models that wear corsets to have 20 inch waist).... they are hurting the REAL IMAGE for young girls and women. KARL needs to apologize to ADELE .

I remember Mama Cass, with the Mamas and Papas, and she had a beautiful voice. She was a plus size gal, but her music and voice will forever be remembered. Didnt she die from choking on a Ham sandwich, and maybe having a heart attack at the same time?

Karl... stick to the House of Chanel, and go Fan yourself! GO TO HELL!

GO TO HELL carolina! GO TO HELL!! :9f: :9f: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 8th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Two more posts, and we'll be at 110,000 total on the board! (one more after this one!) :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2012, 11:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Two more posts, and we'll be at 110,000 total on the board! (one more after this one!) :9f:
:9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » February 9th, 2012, 6:20 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:I remember Mama Cass, with the Mamas and Papas, and she had a beautiful voice. She was a plus size gal, but her music and voice will forever be remembered. Didnt she die from choking on a Ham sandwich, and maybe having a heart attack at the same time?
Snopes debunked this rumor. She died of "fatty myocardial degeneration." The ham sandwich was untouched.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 9th, 2012, 9:27 am

Lavabe wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:I remember Mama Cass, with the Mamas and Papas, and she had a beautiful voice. She was a plus size gal, but her music and voice will forever be remembered. Didnt she die from choking on a Ham sandwich, and maybe having a heart attack at the same time?
Snopes debunked this rumor. She died of "fatty myocardial degeneration." The ham sandwich was untouched.
She died because she was fat? Ewww!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith