LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » January 29th, 2012, 10:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Yes, I know. We're mostly Duke graduates. :D B-)
Like.

:9f:
Mostly...but I too was able to read it.
I like letters.
Not a fan of binaries.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2012, 11:41 pm

captmojo wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Yes, I know. We're mostly Duke graduates. :D B-)
Like.

Mostly...but I too was able to read it.
I like letters.
Not a fan of binaries.
Duke fans are very smart too! B-) :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 30th, 2012, 5:54 am

"On the road again..."
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » January 30th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Survived 3 weeks with the in laws at our house. having my father-in-law around to buffer my mother-in-law was a huge help. Last year she came by herself for 4 months---that was brutal. My husband politely told my father-in-law that she should not come alone again.

Of course, day one of freedom find both our kids sick. I'll take it.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 30th, 2012, 1:39 pm

bluebutton wrote:Survived 3 weeks with the in laws at our house. having my father-in-law around to buffer my mother-in-law was a huge help. Last year she came by herself for 4 months---that was brutal. My husband politely told my father-in-law that she should not come alone again.

FOUR MONTHS????????????????????? That is way too long. Even if your MIL is a saint that's too long. My MIL only came to our house once. She refused to ever come again. (Yeah, there is a story there) She barely spoke to me until her last months in a nursing home...what was funny (in a sad sort of way) is that I was visitng her becasue Mr. Windsor was out of town for an extended period - she had dementia and didn't realize she was talking to me, and proceed to tell me what a lovely woman her son's second wife turned out to be....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 30th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I'm bored. (-|
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 30th, 2012, 2:40 pm

windsor wrote: FOUR MONTHS????????????????????? That is way too long. Even if your MIL is a saint that's too long. My MIL only came to our house once. She refused to ever come again. (Yeah, there is a story there) She barely spoke to me until her last months in a nursing home...what was funny (in a sad sort of way) is that I was visitng her becasue Mr. Windsor was out of town for an extended period - she had dementia and didn't realize she was talking to me, and proceed to tell me what a lovely woman her son's second wife turned out to be....
Her son's second wife - is that you or the next Mrs. Windsor? :p

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 30th, 2012, 3:09 pm

windsor wrote:
bluebutton wrote:Survived 3 weeks with the in laws at our house. having my father-in-law around to buffer my mother-in-law was a huge help. Last year she came by herself for 4 months---that was brutal. My husband politely told my father-in-law that she should not come alone again.

FOUR MONTHS????????????????????? That is way too long. Even if your MIL is a saint that's too long. My MIL only came to our house once. She refused to ever come again. (Yeah, there is a story there) She barely spoke to me until her last months in a nursing home...what was funny (in a sad sort of way) is that I was visitng her becasue Mr. Windsor was out of town for an extended period - she had dementia and didn't realize she was talking to me, and proceed to tell me what a lovely woman her son's second wife turned out to be....
What a wonderful story of reconciliation in the end!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 30th, 2012, 3:32 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote: FOUR MONTHS????????????????????? That is way too long. Even if your MIL is a saint that's too long. My MIL only came to our house once. She refused to ever come again. (Yeah, there is a story there) She barely spoke to me until her last months in a nursing home...what was funny (in a sad sort of way) is that I was visitng her becasue Mr. Windsor was out of town for an extended period - she had dementia and didn't realize she was talking to me, and proceed to tell me what a lovely woman her son's second wife turned out to be....
Her son's second wife - is that you or the next Mrs. Windsor? :p
It is indeed. I am wife2.0
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 30th, 2012, 3:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:

What a wonderful story of reconciliation in the end!

He and his first wife were very young when they got married (just out of high school young) and wife1.0 was essentially the daughter she never had. She did not accepted the fact that they got divorced (Irish and Mass-Three-Times-A-Week Catholic didn't help with that). Wife1.0 is a passive quiet type...some I am the antiwife1.0
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » January 30th, 2012, 4:35 pm

windsor wrote:

Well my mom stayed with us 3 months after my first child was born, so long stays aren't unprecedented in our house, but yea...longest four months ever. I didn't know her very well before that visit. But what I learned wasn't pretty.

And I kind of wish my MIL wouldn't speak to me because she rarely has anything nice or helpful to say. Although, I'm learning that this is sort of true for everyone she interacts with...including her husband of 40 years. He's a saint and a wonderful grandpa to boot.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 30th, 2012, 9:59 pm

bluebutton wrote:
windsor wrote:

Well my mom stayed with us 3 months after my first child was born, so long stays aren't unprecedented in our house, but yea...longest four months ever. I didn't know her very well before that visit. But what I learned wasn't pretty.

And I kind of wish my MIL wouldn't speak to me because she rarely has anything nice or helpful to say. Although, I'm learning that this is sort of true for everyone she interacts with...including her husband of 40 years. He's a saint and a wonderful grandpa to boot.
Bluebutton, you are a saint in my book.

My MIL and SIL came in for a weekend when Rev Lawgrad turned 50, and that was enough. My mom is here for a week and Thanksgiving and 2 at Christmas, and bless her heart, I make sure I'm scheduled to work every day possible. She is a smart person, and genuinely a good one, but she would drive Mother Theresa to take the Lord's name in vain.
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 30th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Blue Button I so agree with Lawgrad....you are definitely a saint! O:-) O:-)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 31st, 2012, 8:52 am

Alert Mr. Windsor!
Keep your flowers...send me BACON for Valentines Day!!
baconroses.jpg
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 31st, 2012, 9:08 am

windsor wrote:Alert Mr. Windsor!
baconroses.jpg
Are those bacon strips wrapped around large scallops? Ymm!

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 31st, 2012, 9:30 am

baconroses.jpg
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

I adore bacon.

Someone send this to Rev. Lawgrad!

On NPR this morning, there was a story about some Mexican distillery trying to make its mark in the Southwest, and the reporter said, "Americans love unusual alcohols. That's why there is a BACON INFUSED VODKA."
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » January 31st, 2012, 9:39 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
baconroses.jpg
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

I adore bacon.

On NPR this morning, there was a story about some Mexican distillery trying to make its mark in the Southwest, and the reporter said, "Americans love unusual alcohols. That's why there is a BACON INFUSED VODKA."
My name on the OY site used to be "Bacon." In fact, Roger, one of my good friends down here and frequent visitor to the OY site and sometimes this board still calls me Bacon; so does his wife and daughter. I walk in; they say, "Hello Bacon." "Hello Rog, Wendy, Abby," I respond.

-EarlJam (formally Bacon)
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 31st, 2012, 10:30 am

EarlJam wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
baconroses.jpg
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

I adore bacon.

My name on the OY site used to be "Bacon." In fact, Roger, one of my good friends down here and frequent visitor to the OY site and sometimes this board still calls me Bacon; so does his wife and daughter. I walk in; they say, "Hello Bacon." "Hello Rog, Wendy, Abby," I respond.

-EarlJam (formally Bacon)
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Perhaps that's why I think so much of you....
Iron Duke #1471997.
bluebutton

Post by bluebutton » January 31st, 2012, 10:36 am

IowaDevil wrote:Blue Button I so agree with Lawgrad....you are definitely a saint! O:-) O:-)
I'd rather think of myself as a Blue Devil to the end ;)

:duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 31st, 2012, 6:30 pm

Happy discovery of the day: it appears that I'm eligible to purchase both Adobe Lightroom and HDR EFEX Pro with an academic discount. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein