Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by Furniture » April 2nd, 2021, 1:01 pm

dudog wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 12:45 am
Donald Trump
Matt Gaetz
Jim Jordan
Roy Moore

Gee, what do all these people have in common?
Small penis’s?

Anyway. More drip drip..

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/us/p ... tment.html

Perhaps Q might want to revise his pedophilia locations to Mar a Lago and Fort Lauderdale.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
dudog
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by dudog » April 2nd, 2021, 4:34 pm

GOOD NEWS!!!

MLB moves 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta. I believe this is the start of something big.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/ml ... li=BBnb7Kz
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 2nd, 2021, 4:58 pm

dudog wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:34 pm
GOOD NEWS!!!

MLB moves 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta. I believe this is the start of something big.

Applied pressure by major sports had a big impact in NC a few years ago, and the same for MLK day in Arizona. More of the same may do well in Ga.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » April 2nd, 2021, 6:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:58 pm
dudog wrote:
April 2nd, 2021, 4:34 pm
GOOD NEWS!!!

Applied pressure by major sports had a big impact in NC a few years ago, and the same for MLK day in Arizona. More of the same may do well in Ga.
And elsewhere. Need to let the other states considering similar laws know what's coming. The only states not affected by such pressure will be places like North & South Dakota and Idaho. And who gives a shit about them. Let all the racists move there so they can be together. And this time when they want to secede, let 'em.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » April 3rd, 2021, 9:48 am

Republican Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Ted Cruz (Texas) have joined calls to end Major League Baseball’s (MLB) antitrust exemption following the league’s decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/546 ... ust-status

Republicans yesterday "The government has no business meddling in the affairs and decisions of corporations!"
Republicans today "Stop everything. We desperately need to use the power of government to meddle with corporations!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 3rd, 2021, 10:53 am

Furniture wrote:
April 3rd, 2021, 9:48 am
Republican Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Ted Cruz (Texas) have joined calls to end Major League Baseball’s (MLB) antitrust exemption following the league’s decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/546 ... ust-status

Republicans yesterday "The government has no business meddling in the affairs and decisions of corporations!"
Republicans today "Stop everything. We desperately need to use the power of government to meddle with corporations!"
GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan (S.C.) said earlier Friday that he had told his staff to start drafting legislation to remove the MLB’s decades-old antitrust exemption, “In light of @MLB's stance to undermine election integrity laws.”
An overwhelming bipartisan majority of Americans support requiring an ID to vote, and any organization that abuses its power to oppose secure elections deserves increased scrutiny under the law,” he added.
Hmmm, I seem to have missed that poll. :-\
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » April 3rd, 2021, 5:54 pm

I don't know, do you have to give them credit for audacity?

I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of these morons. I don't think they should have gotten refunds. But how can Trump not be prosecuted for taking far over the legal limit from individuals?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
dudog

Post by dudog » April 5th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Almost every confidence artist has had to flee from his victims after they realized the trick. Trump may be the greatest con man in history. His victims still adore him.
There's no "may be" about it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump ... li=BBnb7Kz

The article also includes his response (came out today) to the story. Unbelievable...but totally expected.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » April 5th, 2021, 8:59 pm

dudog wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 5:09 pm
Almost every confidence artist has had to flee from his victims after they realized the trick. Trump may be the greatest con man in history. His victims still adore him.

The article also includes his response (came out today) to the story. Unbelievable...but totally expected.
When I talk to my republican friends about anything like this or about trump not paying taxes they just say fair play to him. He has found a way around the system. In their eyes the guy can’t do anything wrong.

By the way. The last part of the film clip (below) really made me laugh out loud..

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2021/0 ... e-orig.cnn
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » April 5th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Furniture wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 8:59 pm
dudog wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 5:09 pm

When I talk to my republican friends about anything like this or about trump not paying taxes they just say fair play to him. He has found a way around the system. In their eyes the guy can’t do anything wrong.

By the way. The last part of the film clip (below) really made me laugh out loud..

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2021/0 ... e-orig.cnn
Walks like a cult. Talks like a cult. Quacks like a cult. A huge portion of America has been taken over by a cult leader.

I think I've said it here already, but if they don't like the infrastructure plan, then let's not give any money to the states that don't want it. Very simple. I'll admit that the plan is a bit large for my taste too, but the goal is correct, and they are just being obstructionist. Maybe if we don't spend money improving their cable their Fox News won't work anymore...

To be fair, I just saw that McConnell came out and strongly encouraged everyone to get vaccinated. And Trump sort of half-heartedly did so too. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 6th, 2021, 7:20 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Walks like a cult. Talks like a cult. Quacks like a cult. A huge portion of America has been taken over by a cult leader.

I think I've said it here already, but if they don't like the infrastructure plan, then let's not give any money to the states that don't want it. Very simple. I'll admit that the plan is a bit large for my taste too, but the goal is correct, and they are just being obstructionist. Maybe if we don't spend money improving their cable their Fox News won't work anymore...

To be fair, I just saw that McConnell came out and strongly encouraged everyone to get vaccinated. And Trump sort of half-heartedly did so too. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day...

Yes, this. A good chunk of Trump supporters are completely irrational. Many are like my dad and spout Faux News talking points like they are facts.

Sadly, the far right Trumpian wing of the Republican Party is doing some crazy stuff. The MO House of Representatives just approved a budget that did not include Medicaid expansion, deeming it too expensive. Funny thing is, Medicaid expansion was on the ballot in November and was approved by the voters. Before that, they tossed the redistricting plan that was approved by the voters (nonpartisan cartographers) in 2018 and wrote a new plan that included politicians. The new bill was written in a very confusing way, so many people voted for it by mistake. It was approved in the last election. If this isn’t authoritarianism, you can sure see it from here.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » April 6th, 2021, 2:38 pm

I personally think we'll be seeing stuff like this for quite some time. It won't be Trump, but the minions are going to have to answer for some things....

Ex-Trump official penalized for violating Hatch Act
dudog

Post by dudog » April 7th, 2021, 9:19 pm

No shame.
The NRCC warns that if you "UNCHECK this box, we'll have to tell Trump you're a DEFECTOR."

I don't understand how anyone falls for this, or is not outraged by it.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » April 8th, 2021, 9:52 am

dudog wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 9:19 pm
No shame.
The NRCC warns that if you "UNCHECK this box, we'll have to tell Trump you're a DEFECTOR."

I don't understand how anyone falls for this, or is not outraged by it.
I suspect someone will bring a law suit soon, and possibly class-action it. Then we will see. The most likely outcome from that is a settlement for millions, but with no admission of wrongdoing. The impact on future behavior would depend on the settlement terms the parties are able to reach. Has anyone done any polling on this? I'm really curious what Republicans think about this tactic, and what impact, if any, that there might be on party loyalty and/or fundraising.
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » April 8th, 2021, 10:09 am

Meanwhile, Democrats are once again being Democrats, particularly Joe Manchin, with his resistance to effectively expending budget reconciliation. Republicans are monolithic, but Democrats never have been. It's one reason I'm a Democrat, but it sure is frustrating at times when you want to see stuff get done. On the other hand, Manchin hasn't ruled out doing things through reconciliation if Republicans remain monolithic, so we will see.

Longer term, one wonders if Manchin's principles - which I like, in theory - will work to get him re-elected to the Senate in a presidential election year, when Trump is at least potentially back on the ballot. If Manchin gets primaried from the left, the new candidate can't possibly win in West Virginia, but I wonder if even Manchin himself can win again there. Politics is just so much less about issues and so much more about Red v. Blue than it was when I was a new voter. It's just so counterproductive. Get off my damn lawn!
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » April 8th, 2021, 11:45 am

Phredd3 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 10:09 am
Meanwhile, Democrats are once again being Democrats, particularly Joe Manchin, with his resistance to effectively expending budget reconciliation. Republicans are monolithic, but Democrats never have been. It's one reason I'm a Democrat, but it sure is frustrating at times when you want to see stuff get done. On the other hand, Manchin hasn't ruled out doing things through reconciliation if Republicans remain monolithic, so we will see.
“I belong to no organized party. I’m a Democrat.”

— humorist Will Rogers
dudog

Post by dudog » April 8th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Phredd3 wrote:

Longer term, one wonders if Manchin's principles - which I like, in theory - will work to get him re-elected to the Senate in a presidential election year, when Trump is at least potentially back on the ballot. If Manchin gets primaried from the left, the new candidate can't possibly win in West Virginia, but I wonder if even Manchin himself can win again there. Politics is just so much less about issues and so much more about Red v. Blue than it was when I was a new voter. It's just so counterproductive. Get off my damn lawn!
Manchin will be 77 when it comes time to run again. In 2012, he won by a margin of 24%. In 2018, he won by 3%. Shirley he can see the writing on the wall. I wish he would just do what needs to be done for the good of the country and not worry about the next election. He's certainly in position to do that.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » April 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm

dudog wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:25 pm
Phredd3 wrote:

Manchin will be 77 when it comes time to run again. In 2012, he won by a margin of 24%. In 2018, he won by 3%. Shirley he can see the writing on the wall. I wish he would just do what needs to be done for the good of the country and not worry about the next election. He's certainly in position to do that.
I also wish some of the alleged centrist Republicans (Romney, Collins) would grow some spine and cross over - I don't expect them to accept the whole thing but one would think that they would say "if you change X, Y and Z you have my vote." But I guess this would be more likely to happen on non-fiscal issues as they tend to me fiscally conservative, socially moderate.

I also wish Cunningham from NC had kept it in his pants as he was on track to win until that got revealed. Then the margin in the senate wouldn't be so tight.
dudog

Post by dudog » April 8th, 2021, 5:09 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm
I also wish Cunningham from NC had kept it in his pants as he was on track to win until that got revealed. Then the margin in the senate wouldn't be so tight.
Well, if Weiner had kept his wiener in his pants, or Hillary had had the sense to fire her aide Huma when she didn't leave the dick, we would have never had Trump. Penises and politics go hand-in-hand.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » April 8th, 2021, 10:15 pm

dudog wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 5:09 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 3:47 pm
Well, if Weiner had kept his wiener in his pants, or Hillary had had the sense to fire her aide Huma when she didn't leave the dick, we would have never had Trump. Penises and politics go hand-in-hand.
Or in Trump's case the hand is used to grab the female equivalent of the penis. But he's a Republican so they don't care. Especially not the evangelicals. Hypocrites.