You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by lawgrad91 » June 29th, 2017, 10:24 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I guess the local access TV station thinks it is helping a local business by posting this (or maybe the business is paying for the exposure, bless their hearts) but telling me that the local Mexican joint's lunch special is "Lunch #5" really isn't very helpful. :9f:
I guess you're not a regular there. . . :facepalm4: :dinner: :chef:

:9f:
No. I'm a regular at the Monte De Ray near my house. They see me and say, "It's Miller time!" Odd, since I always order Sol. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 13th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Witness just testified that defendant got mad because she took him to Papa's Pizza and he wanted to go to "Little Seizures" instead. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 14th, 2017, 8:42 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Witness just testified that defendant got mad because she took him to Papa's Pizza and he wanted to go to "Little Seizures" instead. :9f:
That is rich! =)) =)) =))

:veryconfused: :pizza: :veryconfused: :pizza: :veryconfused: :pizza: :veryconfused: :pizza: :veryconfused: :pizza: :veryconfused:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 14th, 2017, 9:42 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Witness just testified that defendant got mad because she took him to Papa's Pizza and he wanted to go to "Little Seizures" instead. :9f:

=)) =)) :))
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 26th, 2017, 10:25 am

This just happened in Pitt County Court: a Defendant with a marijuana charge wore theme socks for the day.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 26th, 2017, 12:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:This just happened in Pitt County Court: a Defendant with a marijuana charge wore theme socks for the day.

=)) =)) =)) =))

It really does kill brain cells!
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 26th, 2017, 12:36 pm

If the guy ever gets charged with solicitation of prostitution I can introduce someone who has the shirt for him! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 26th, 2017, 2:07 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:If the guy ever gets charged with solicitation of prostitution I can introduce someone who has the shirt for him! :9f:
You know someone with a University of Louisville men's basketball shirt?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 27th, 2017, 11:40 am

My esteemed colleague CathyCA could tell the current defendant that a t shirt with the word "LAWLESS" emblazoned across the chest is probably not a good choice. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 27th, 2017, 1:22 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:If the guy ever gets charged with solicitation of prostitution I can introduce someone who has the shirt for him! :9f:
You know someone with a University of Louisville men's basketball shirt?
=)) =)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 27th, 2017, 1:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My esteemed colleague CathyCA could tell the current defendant that a t shirt with the word "LAWLESS" emblazoned across the chest is probably not a good choice. :9f:
It's not a good choice to wear to court. It's also not a good choice to wear if one is going to engage in questionable activity.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2017, 4:52 pm

I have found a defendant who deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Convicted felon hid his 19 marijuana plants (which he helpfully named "Ricky Bobby," "Waka Flaca 1," etc.) in a room of his singlewide behind a unc flag and a blanket, and hid his box of bullets in a sheep backpack. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 31st, 2017, 9:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I have found a defendant who deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Convicted felon hid his 19 marijuana plants (which he helpfully named "Ricky Bobby," "Waka Flaca 1," etc.) in a room of his singlewide behind a unc flag and a blanket, and hid his box of bullets in a sheep backpack. :9f:
Did he earn that flag and backpack, or did he just go to WalMart?

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 31st, 2017, 11:03 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I have found a defendant who deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I expect he got it from Walmart. Written in Sharpie marker on the backpack was "Juggalo for life," and I don't think the sheep can spell "Juggalo." He also had a couple of stars and bars flags, just to underscore the redneck status.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 1st, 2017, 11:48 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I expect he got it from Walmart. Written in Sharpie marker on the backpack was "Juggalo for life," and I don't think the sheep can spell "Juggalo." He also had a couple of stars and bars flags, just to underscore the redneck status.

Okay. I just had to look up "Juggalo," and I'm still confused. Insane Clown Posse?

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » August 1st, 2017, 12:35 pm

I'm thinking "juggalo" is tar hole for "gigolo."
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 1st, 2017, 12:45 pm

CathyCA wrote: Okay. I just had to look up "Juggalo," and I'm still confused. Insane Clown Posse?

Yes, followers of Insane Clown Posse. Some of them are affiliated in what is basically a series of street gangs.

I suspect his street gang cred would be gone if his buddies saw the video of him sniveling about going to jail and crying for his Mommy. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 21st, 2017, 8:14 pm

My coworkers got eclipse glasses and went outside this afternoon. One of them posted a picture on FB of them outside the courthouse.

How does this fit into this particular thread? Two things:

1. Someone said, "Man, it's getting cooler out here now that the sun is going away," not realizing that they were standing directly in front of the (open) courthouse doors and the A/C was blowing out.

2. Pregnant coworker J had a piece of aluminum foil across her belly in an effort to make sure the baby wasn't affected by the eclipse. :-o
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 21st, 2017, 9:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:2. Pregnant coworker J had a piece of aluminum foil across her belly in an effort to make sure the baby wasn't affected by the eclipse. :-o
That's science for ya!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 22nd, 2017, 12:28 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:2. Pregnant coworker J had a piece of aluminum foil across her belly in an effort to make sure the baby wasn't affected by the eclipse. :-o
That's science for ya!
Did she repurpose her tin foil hat?
Life is good!