LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » January 20th, 2012, 2:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:You have to have a bit of knowledge in order to do this correctly.
:twitch:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 20th, 2012, 2:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:You have to have a bit of knowledge in order to do this correctly.
Top Ten Responses to Stupid PHB:
10) 8-} 8-} 8-}
9) :Angry Orc: :Angry Orc: :Angry Orc:
8) :-$ :-$ :-$
7) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
6) :tease: :tease: :tease:
5) ~x( ~x( ~x(
4) :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
3) :lips sealed: :lips sealed: :lips sealed:
2) :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:
1) :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

My response upon reading this quote:

:face desk: :face desk: :face desk:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 20th, 2012, 3:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Funny conversation du jour with PHB: I was going through the results of the task I had just completed. There were a few nuances to this particular analysis that he hadn't though about. His comment was something to the effect of, "You have to have a bit of knowledge in order to do this correctly." The other funny and telling comment was, "I'll have to read your SOP so I can understand how you did this." :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Guess what? I think someone may be starting to figure out that it's not going to be as easy to replace me as he thought. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

About time! Fat lot of good it will do him if the upcoming interview goes well!
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 20th, 2012, 5:13 pm

As I was typing a letter today, it occurred to me that I really want to work on January 23, 2045. I cannot wait to index one of my letters as "letter to so-and-so - 012345."

I'm so OCD--I can hardly stand it! Just 33 more years to go and I can do it! (The letter I typed today was indexed "letter to Martin CSC - 012312" because it will go out on Monday.)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 20th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Top Ten Responses to Stupid PHB:
10) 8-} 8-} 8-}
9) :Angry Orc: :Angry Orc: :Angry Orc:
8) :-$ :-$ :-$
7) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
6) :tease: :tease: :tease:
5) ~x( ~x( ~x(
4) :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
3) :lips sealed: :lips sealed: :lips sealed:
2) :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:
1) :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming: :angry-screaming:

My response upon reading this quote:

:face desk: :face desk: :face desk:
I think that my response was something along the lines of :whistle:, but not out loud. I'm amused more than angry. Yes, PHB, you actually have to do a bit of digging into the answer that the program spits back at you; you cannot accept it at face value. I find it hysterical that PHB is just now figuring out that this particular task cannot be automated to the point where NuBarbie can do it. I've been laughing to myself about this all afternoon. What's especially amusing is that the kindergarten-level SOP I'm having to write for this task is for PHB as much as it is for NuBarbie. He will, in fact, understand it slightly more than she does, but at this point NuBarbie does not have the intellectual capacity or the background to complete this task. Bonus: this task is supposed to be hers to do, and there's a very real chance that it will be on her plate in a few weeks. Welcome to the consequences of hiring people who aren't qualified simply because they'll do exactly what you tell them to do. :ymdevil:

PHB has been especially nice to me over the last several days. :ymdevil: L-) :hand: :violin: :whistle:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 20th, 2012, 6:28 pm

CathyCA wrote:As I was typing a letter today, it occurred to me that I really want to work on January 23, 2045. I cannot wait to index one of my letters as "letter to so-and-so - 012345."

I'm so OCD--I can hardly stand it! Just 33 more years to go and I can do it! (The letter I typed today was indexed "letter to Martin CSC - 012312" because it will go out on Monday.)

That's pretty cool! Personally, I'd rather NOT be working 33 years from now. I want to be a beach bum. \:d/
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 20th, 2012, 10:33 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:As I was typing a letter today, it occurred to me that I really want to work on January 23, 2045. I cannot wait to index one of my letters as "letter to so-and-so - 012345."

That's pretty cool! Personally, I'd rather NOT be working 33 years from now. I want to be a beach bum. \:d/
I shouldn't be working in 33 years - I working on following the family tradition - retirement at age 58. :D
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 20th, 2012, 11:18 pm

How come hot water heaters never go out in the summer? The low was in the teens last night and are supposed to be around 5 tonight. It makes for very cold morning showers!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » January 22nd, 2012, 4:13 pm

Interesting sight at church this morning. The light at the east entrance to our lot was not in good shape. On closer inspection, some appears to have clipped the bush and light, gone over the island at the end of the parking spaces, and flipped their card on the side. There was actually a red paint outline of where the car landed on its side. After picking up pieces of car, we did find an OYO - just don't know what make of Toyota it was. I wish I had taken pictures.

I hope the only injuries were to the card and that the occupants are ok. It should be an interesting police report to read.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 22nd, 2012, 4:42 pm

For the "kids say the darnedest things..." file:

We have a little guy, Levi, in one of the Rev. Lawgrad's churches. He's almost 4, a live wire, and positively adorable.

This morning his mother announced that she was expecting, which generated happy noises and applause. Whereupon Levi piped up in as loud a voice as his little lungs could muster, "I'm expecting too!"
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 22nd, 2012, 10:28 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:For the "kids say the darnedest things..." file:

We have a little guy, Levi, in one of the Rev. Lawgrad's churches. He's almost 4, a live wire, and positively adorable.

This morning his mother announced that she was expecting, which generated happy noises and applause. Whereupon Levi piped up in as loud a voice as his little lungs could muster, "I'm expecting too!"
:) :ymhug: That's so cute.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 23rd, 2012, 12:04 am

DukieInKansas wrote:How come hot water heaters never go out in the summer? The low was in the teens last night and are supposed to be around 5 tonight. It makes for very cold morning showers!
I hate it when that happens. Hot water heater was out for our building when I returned home after New Year. Had to boil water to take a bath. Good times.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 23rd, 2012, 12:08 am

Found an apartment in Galveston that I really liked. Then I read online reviews for the complex. Let's just say they weren't stellar. Makes me wonder: justified, or do more people go online to give negative reviews?
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 23rd, 2012, 10:56 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Found an apartment in Galveston that I really liked. Then I read online reviews for the complex. Let's just say they weren't stellar. Makes me wonder: justified, or do more people go online to give negative reviews?

I think people are MUCH more likley to complain than to praise. If the complaints are specific then check them out yourself...also pay attention to the dates of the problems...when my daughter was looking there were several negative reviews for the place she is now...but they were several years (and another management company) ago.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » January 23rd, 2012, 10:03 pm

Just one day wants to be in a situation where singing "You've lost that lovin' feeling" would be the right move.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 24th, 2012, 1:08 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Just one day wants to be in a situation where singing "You've lost that lovin' feeling" would be the right move.
It helps to a)be a fighter pilot and b) be Tom Cruise, in his prime

I'm just sayin.....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 24th, 2012, 1:49 pm

windsor wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just one day wants to be in a situation where singing "You've lost that lovin' feeling" would be the right move.

I'm just sayin.....

(Ozzie may have to 'splain that one to Windsor ;;) :D )
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 24th, 2012, 2:42 pm

devildeac wrote:
windsor wrote:

I'm just sayin.....

=))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 24th, 2012, 3:09 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote: -9.

=))
:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 24th, 2012, 3:57 pm

Spock: When will we use the tractor beam to bring this thread to the 30,000 post count?