Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2012, 6:36 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I watched Miss America last night. The top 5 was the most beautiful group of girls I could remember in quite some time.

I was pulling for Miss Oklahoma since she shares the same name as my aunt. I was hoping to hear my aunt's name called as the newest Miss America. Oh well. . .

:9f:
I liked Miss Oklahoma best from the final group.

Did you think it was a bit harsh that they put the entire group of 15 onstage and had them ready to perform their talent and eliminated randomly from there? I thought it was a bit on the cruel side.
I thought the cruelest thing was when they did the "save" thing and told the contestants to line up behind either Miss Alabama, Miss Virginia or Miss North Carolina. I guess we know who didn't win the title of Miss Congeniality.

That was pretty harsh, too. I was happy they chose Miss Alabama; she seemed to be the most gracious to the people chosen ahead of her. She went right back out after the evening gown competition, though. I liked the color of her dress, but the bow on the shoulder was awful IMO.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2012, 11:00 am

ArkieDukie wrote: That was pretty harsh, too. I was happy they chose Miss Alabama; she seemed to be the most gracious to the people chosen ahead of her. She went right back out after the evening gown competition, though. I liked the color of her dress, but the bow on the shoulder was awful IMO.
That gown was awful. The bow looked like it was made of an old wadded up window screen, and it detracted from her beautiful face.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 16th, 2012, 11:08 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: That was pretty harsh, too. I was happy they chose Miss Alabama; she seemed to be the most gracious to the people chosen ahead of her. She went right back out after the evening gown competition, though. I liked the color of her dress, but the bow on the shoulder was awful IMO.
That gown was awful. The bow looked like it was made of an old wadded up window screen, and it detracted from her beautiful face.

And her boobs! :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 16th, 2012, 11:45 am

CathyCA wrote:

She looks like she's being attacked by a tarantula. And liking it.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 16th, 2012, 1:20 pm

For those of you who have Kindles, I'd like to recommend a book to you: "Bayou Jesus." It was written by M.G. Miller, a friend from high school. It's available for free today at amazon.com, in honor of MLK Day. This is his first book; it was written several years ago and was recently re-released in Kindle format. There's some talk of this book being made into a movie for TV.

I'm really proud of him. We've been friends since elementary school; he's always been an avid reader and a very good writer. He beat me out for a creative writing scholarship (and rightfully so) when we were both seniors.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Jesus-M-G-M ... 097598960X
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » January 16th, 2012, 5:48 pm

CathyCA wrote: That gown was awful. The bow looked like it was made of an old wadded up window screen, and it detracted from her beautiful face.
Oh my, that was an exact perfect description... What an exquisite dollop of snark!!
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 16th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Turk wrote:
CathyCA wrote: That gown was awful. The bow looked like it was made of an old wadded up window screen, and it detracted from her beautiful face.
Oh my, that was an exact perfect description... What an exquisite dollop of snark!!
Why, thank you!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 16th, 2012, 9:05 pm

It's a bad time to be affiliated with unc basketball.

Final tonight: Fighting Auriemmas 86, ewes 35.

It's about the only game all year where I pull for UCon. I am assuming Sylvia didn't "lead" her starters to the locker room 14 seconds early and that they took the loss like men.

Oh, wait a minute.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 16th, 2012, 9:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

She looks like she's being attacked by a tarantula. And liking it.
This is one of the funniest damn things I've read in a long time!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 17th, 2012, 12:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It's a bad time to be affiliated with unc basketball.
When isn't it a bad time? :D ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 17th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I have a meeting to attend tomorrow evening. I'm thinking of pulling a Roy, and cutting out early so that I can avoid the traffic. :D
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 17th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
:ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 17th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Lavabe wrote:
So true.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Lavabe wrote:I have a meeting to attend tomorrow evening. I'm thinking of pulling a Roy, and cutting out early so that I can avoid the traffic. :D
Are you taking students along? If so, you'll need to leave them behind at the meeting in order to truly pull a Roy. You can then claim later this week that you didn't realize they stayed behind when you left.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 17th, 2012, 6:16 pm

I got into the elevator to leave at 3PM today (I'm usually one of the last to leave). My colleague in the department, who knows sports, got in as well, when she asked me what I was doing leaving early.
I responded: I was pulling a Roy Williams.
She just kept laughing. :D
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » January 17th, 2012, 9:02 pm

I want to pull a Roy Williams daily...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 17th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Lavabe wrote:I got into the elevator to leave at 3PM today (I'm usually one of the last to leave). My colleague in the department, who knows sports, got in as well, when she asked me what I was doing leaving early.
I responded: I was pulling a Roy Williams.
She just kept laughing. :D
Most excellent! =)) =)) :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork: :tools-spork:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 18th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Dear Cafepress.com,

I don't care how much you discount your unc-themed T-shirts, quit sending me damned emails about them! I will not buy! (we have enough toilet paper in the house)

Sincerely,

lawgrad X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » January 20th, 2012, 10:45 am

Nearly two days between posts in this thread? Are YOU kidding me?
:-$
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 20th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Funny conversation du jour with PHB: I was going through the results of the task I had just completed. There were a few nuances to this particular analysis that he hadn't though about. His comment was something to the effect of, "You have to have a bit of knowledge in order to do this correctly." The other funny and telling comment was, "I'll have to read your SOP so I can understand how you did this." :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Guess what? I think someone may be starting to figure out that it's not going to be as easy to replace me as he thought. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein