LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by IowaDevil » January 11th, 2012, 10:05 pm

knights68 wrote:just changed my avatar..... how ya like it?!

Perfect! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » January 12th, 2012, 9:28 am

A marvinful (new word alert!) expression of your essence, Sir. :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 10:15 am

knights68 wrote:just changed my avatar..... how ya like it?!
:-BD ^:)^ :Clap: A fine choice!
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2012, 11:42 am

Holy buffoonery.

If you're going to go in to criminal court and fire your court-appointed lawyer and then tell the judge that you'll represent yourself because "This is all just a bunch of buffoonery," don't you think it would be a good idea to wear a long-sleeved shirt that covers up your tattoo which proclaims to all the world (including the elderly victims, the D.A. and the judge) "Show No Mercy?"

Yup, I thought so, too.

The judge is a Duke grad. He showed no mercy.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 12th, 2012, 12:10 pm

CathyCA wrote: The judge is a Duke grad. He showed no mercy.
=)) =)) :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 3:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:Holy buffoonery.

If you're going to go in to criminal court and fire your court-appointed lawyer and then tell the judge that you'll represent yourself because "This is all just a bunch of buffoonery," don't you think it would be a good idea to wear a long-sleeved shirt that covers up your tattoo which proclaims to all the world (including the elderly victims, the D.A. and the judge) "Show No Mercy?"

Yup, I thought so, too.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Was the defendant an escapee from the varnish zone?

I also like the "only God can judge me" tat on defendants. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2012, 3:06 pm

We're in the midst of a veritable blizzard right now. Lots of blowing snow, but maybe 2" on the ground now. The forecast is for 3". Roads are getting messy again. Please send vibes that my choir director cancels rehearsals for this evening - I want to watch the game!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2012, 3:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

Yup, I thought so, too.

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Was the defendant an escapee from the varnish zone?

I also like the "only God can judge me" tat on defendants. :9f:
I don't think he was an escapee from the varnish zone. He also had his area code (252) tattooed on his arm. I suppose in case he forgets his phone number? Or maybe he's proud of the cachet our area code exudes, and he's "representin'."

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 12th, 2012, 4:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:We're in the midst of a veritable blizzard right now. Lots of blowing snow, but maybe 2" on the ground now. The forecast is for 3". Roads are getting messy again. Please send vibes that my choir director cancels rehearsals for this evening - I want to watch the game!
AD, just because the choir director doesn't have good judgment and common sense, doesn't mean that you can't use yours! If the roads are dangerous, regardless of how much or how little snow has accumulated, stay home! I assure you that you won't be the only one missing from practice tonight. And besides, you have another commitment at 9 pm est., 8 pm cst. B-) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 12th, 2012, 4:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:We're in the midst of a veritable blizzard right now. Lots of blowing snow, but maybe 2" on the ground now. The forecast is for 3". Roads are getting messy again. Please send vibes that my choir director cancels rehearsals for this evening - I want to watch the game!
AD, just because the choir director doesn't have good judgment and common sense, doesn't mean that you can't use yours! If the roads are dangerous, regardless of how much or how little snow has accumulated, stay home! I assure you that you won't be the only one missing from practice tonight. And besides, you have another commitment at 9 pm est., 8 pm cst. B-) :9f:
It's a moot point: tonight's rehearsals have been cancelled! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I would have no trouble whatsoever skipping choir practice, but handbell choir practice is another matter. My fellow ringers can confirm that practice is a bit more challenging if bells aren't covered - especially if those bells are often part of the melody. One of my bells is middle C.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 6:13 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
It's a moot point: tonight's rehearsals have been cancelled! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

I would have no trouble whatsoever skipping choir practice, but handbell choir practice is another matter. My fellow ringers can confirm that practice is a bit more challenging if bells aren't covered - especially if those bells are often part of the melody. One of my bells is middle C.
Glad you are staying home, AD. Be careful! See you (virtually) tonight! :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 12th, 2012, 7:19 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I completely agree with Ozzie. Stay home, AD! Oops! Should have read on a little more :) Glad you'll be safe at home. See ya in Section 21!!!!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 12th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Yup, I thought so, too.

The defendant could easily be one of my patients!!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2012, 7:51 pm

DukePA wrote:

Yup, I thought so, too.

The defendant could easily be one of my patients!!
He could certainly use your assistance!

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Iowa is in the same predicament. Am in front of the fire in all my Duke garb, beer in hand waiting for tip off! It's howling and blowing outside! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Sam says that today is National Mic Check Day. "Testing 1, 1, 2, 1, 2."

Get it? 1/12/12

:D

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Ugh. Ocular migraine. Might be a little late in Section 21. I don't have a headache, but there's a big block of light when I look directly at things.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » January 12th, 2012, 8:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Ugh. Ocular migraine. Might be a little late in Section 21. I don't have a headache, but there's a big block of light when I look directly at things.
Yep... know that feeling VERY well. Sunglasses, darkness, and Excedrin migraine help me. B-) I hope something works for you. GET WELL SOON!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 12th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Lavabe wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Ugh. Ocular migraine. Might be a little late in Section 21. I don't have a headache, but there's a big block of light when I look directly at things.
Yep... know that feeling VERY well. Sunglasses, darkness, and Excedrin migraine help me. B-) I hope something works for you. GET WELL SOON!!
I ran out of Excedrin migraine. Love that stuff.

The light migraine went away about 9:02, but for a while, it would have been preferable to the game. :duke:

Oh, well, it's a win.
Iron Duke #1471997.
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » January 13th, 2012, 12:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
I ran out of Excedrin migraine. Love that stuff.

The light migraine went away about 9:02, but for a while, it would have been preferable to the game. :duke:

Oh, well, it's a win.

Okay, Friday the 13th "Weird Alert." This is the THIRD reference to Excedrin I've had all day. I too love it. Got some this morning. At work someone said they recently had a recall? Put some fear in me. I took it anyway. What's up with the recall?

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.