LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 23rd, 2011, 8:33 pm

Our Max is sick.we are in Charlette. Max is having chills and has a low fever. I think there is a good chance we will not be going to the Panthers game, as planned. That's OK. I feel so bad for Max. Vibes for Max that he gets well soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » December 23rd, 2011, 9:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:Image

Did it look like this?

:9f:
No.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 23rd, 2011, 9:45 pm

CathyCA wrote:Or did it look like this?

I think Max would say, "No." I do too. :twitch:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » December 23rd, 2011, 9:46 pm

Max can say, "Yes." to this. :wizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 23rd, 2011, 11:50 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Our Max is sick.we are in Charlette. Max is having chills and has a low fever. I think there is a good chance we will not be going to the Panthers game, as planned. That's OK. I feel so bad for Max. Vibes for Max that he gets well soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I sent vibes to Max on FB from my phone earlier tonight, but here's some more.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 24th, 2011, 9:15 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Our Max is sick.we are in Charlette. Max is having chills and has a low fever. I think there is a good chance we will not be going to the Panthers game, as planned. That's OK. I feel so bad for Max. Vibes for Max that he gets well soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I sent vibes to Max on FB from my phone earlier tonight, but here's some more.... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks. I just spoke with Max. Fever is gone. He feels much better.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 24th, 2011, 9:23 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Thanks. I just spoke with Max. Fever is gone. He feels much better.
That's great news! Sending lots of :wizard: that the recovery continues.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 24th, 2011, 10:01 am

Yesterday was a fun day at work. Two days ago, PHB assigned a task to me. As is his usual MO, he sent it via Outlook Task Manager and was very vague in what he wanted me to do. I went into his office and asked, specifically, if I needed to do A or B. He chose B. I spent a LOT of time on Thursday on said task, even taking the time to write up a detailed description of what I did. First thing Friday morning, PHB came to my desk to discuss the task. I had to redo it; it turns out that I should've done A. He intentionally misled me.

Now, why would this tick me off so much? The fact that I should've done A implies that PHB gave me a task that should've been assigned to NuBarbie. I should've known this when I asked him what project it was for and he wouldn't give me a straight answer (a bit of a key detail when you're doing data analysis). Now I'm a bit annoyed about the detailed write-up I did. I did it because I suspect (hope and pray) that I'll be out of there soon, and I knew they'd need it for any manuscripts that may come from the work that I did. Based upon the manner in which PHB asked for details, I suspect that he is using what I did to write a SOP for NuBarbie, so that she can repeat what I did.

Something else I noticed when I spoke with PHB about the task on Thursday: he got a really funny look on his face when I started asking detailed questions about the task I was assigned. I've noticed that PHB has a tell; the funny look happens when he realizes I'm asking him about a point he hadn't thought about at all. I may be reading too much into it, but based on other things I know, I think he suddenly realized that his crack team has been doing the analysis incorrectly - hence the detailed questions about how I did the analysis. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » December 24th, 2011, 11:42 am

Arkie, well played!!

Keep taking the high road with this clown. "Hey boss, when we talked, we agreed we were doing B, and now it turns out we need to do A. I spent a couple days on B; I didn't completely waste my time because it's done and here's the writeup on it in case you change your mind again. But given what you just said about A, it looks like I'll need NuBarbie to help out with it. I'll go talk to her after we wrap up." (better yet, don't mention NuBarbie - just drop it in her lap).

And keep reminding him you're overloaded - "PHB, I'm already working on X, Y, and Z. I should be able to start on A or B after the holidays, unless you want me to give X, Y, or Z to Minion." Slow it down girl, save your energy for your next gig!! Ho ho ho!!
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 24th, 2011, 11:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Yesterday was a fun day at work. Two days ago, PHB assigned a task to me. As is his usual MO, he sent it via Outlook Task Manager and was very vague in what he wanted me to do. I went into his office and asked, specifically, if I needed to do A or B. He chose B. I spent a LOT of time on Thursday on said task, even taking the time to write up a detailed description of what I did. First thing Friday morning, PHB came to my desk to discuss the task. I had to redo it; it turns out that I should've done A. He intentionally misled me.

Now, why would this tick me off so much? The fact that I should've done A implies that PHB gave me a task that should've been assigned to NuBarbie. I should've known this when I asked him what project it was for and he wouldn't give me a straight answer (a bit of a key detail when you're doing data analysis). Now I'm a bit annoyed about the detailed write-up I did. I did it because I suspect (hope and pray) that I'll be out of there soon, and I knew they'd need it for any manuscripts that may come from the work that I did. Based upon the manner in which PHB asked for details, I suspect that he is using what I did to write a SOP for NuBarbie, so that she can repeat what I did.

Something else I noticed when I spoke with PHB about the task on Thursday: he got a really funny look on his face when I started asking detailed questions about the task I was assigned. I've noticed that PHB has a tell; the funny look happens when he realizes I'm asking him about a point he hadn't thought about at all. I may be reading too much into it, but based on other things I know, I think he suddenly realized that his crack team has been doing the analysis incorrectly - hence the detailed questions about how I did the analysis. :ymdevil:
I think you've hit the nail on the head on both points. NuBarbie needs guidance that PHB isn't able to give her, which is why he told you to do the B task, when you should have done A.

further, you most likely opened his eyes to the errors of the crack team. Maybe they're on crack!

Vibes for a new and better and more fulfilling position for you, AD. Merry Christmas!

PS What Turk said, too....
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 24th, 2011, 12:00 pm

AD, if it was me, I'd leave PHB as few clues as possible on how to do your work after you're gone. Leave him twisting in the wind, so to speak, after you're gone. It's not like you like him, or NuBarbie, or the Minion. Screw the bastard, as badly as he's treated you this past year. But that's me and not you.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 26th, 2011, 5:49 pm

From a thread over on DBR:

'Hoos lose Johnson

That has to be painful!

=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 26th, 2011, 9:03 pm

MegaMillions is a fair game with this drawing...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 26th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Should have been more certain that UNC was going to lose today.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 26th, 2011, 9:41 pm

devildeac wrote:From a thread over on DBR:

'Hoos lose Johnson

That has to be painful!

=)) =))
Which is more painful: the 'Hoos losing Johnson, or the poster receiving penalty points for writing this stuff?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 26th, 2011, 9:41 pm

devildeac wrote:From a thread over on DBR:

'Hoos lose Johnson

That has to be painful!

=)) =))
Was there a happy ending to the story?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
All the vibes worked. I'm late thanking all of you. I hope you all had a special Christmas. :ymhug: :ymhug:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 27th, 2011, 7:47 am

Am I the only one who doesn't want to go to work today?

Maybe I'll take a half day?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 27th, 2011, 8:06 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want to go to work today?

Yes, you should at least halfway suffer.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 27th, 2011, 9:35 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't want to go to work today?

You're not the only one who doesn't want to be at work.

I look like a bastion of the legal profession today, if I practiced in N'awlins. Drew Brees jersey and jeans.

I'm thinking about sneaking out in a bit, going to the bank and to Walmart. But it's raining, so I may just sit here at my computer and surf the net.
Iron Duke #1471997.