LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2011, 3:58 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Our block is having a series of Christmas parties tonight, at different houses. The first house has drinks, the second has appetizers, the third has desserts. I'm contributing to the appetizer house, so I am making jalapenos (sliced in half), filled with cream cheese, then topped with one of those little stuffed weenies, then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon. I'm also making meatballs wrapped in bacon. Both are slow smoked over wood for about an hour and half, and damn they look good. These will definitely being showing up a tailgate next year. :happy-bouncyblue:
Well so much for that. I left the grill unattended for 10 minutes, after moving the meatballs a little bit more over the fire, and came back to find the whole thing engulfed in flames. I'm so bummed out, but it was my fault. Damn.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2011, 4:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Our block is having a series of Christmas parties tonight, at different houses. The first house has drinks, the second has appetizers, the third has desserts. I'm contributing to the appetizer house, so I am making jalapenos (sliced in half), filled with cream cheese, then topped with one of those little stuffed weenies, then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon. I'm also making meatballs wrapped in bacon. Both are slow smoked over wood for about an hour and half, and damn they look good. These will definitely being showing up a tailgate next year. :happy-bouncyblue:
Well so much for that. I left the grill unattended for 10 minutes, after moving the meatballs a little bit more over the fire, and came back to find the whole thing engulfed in flames. I'm so bummed out, but it was my fault. Damn.
Bummer. Sorry.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » December 11th, 2011, 5:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished posting about pumpkin bread in the Good Morning thread, saw that devildeac was online, and glanced up to see if there was a new post in the Beer thread. Because it's how my brain works, I wondered how pumpkin bred would taste if it was made with beer. Then it occurred to me: it's a natural! Make it with Pumpkin Ale! Pumpkin Beer Bread! (Doesn't sound good to me, but it might appear to the beer connoisseurs.)
Check out the recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-ale-bread-392683
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 11th, 2011, 6:29 pm

It's good to be home. NYC was great, but damn, I'm tired. All that cheering, drinking and carousing this past 48 hours! :asleep: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » December 11th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Welcome home Ozzie. If you recorded the game, you made an appearance on national TV. Second half I think it was. Like they say if you can make it in NY, Smithfield should be a piece of cake. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :D
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:It's good to be home. NYC was great, but damn, I'm tired. All that cheering, drinking and carousing this past 48 hours! :asleep: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 11th, 2011, 7:45 pm

August West wrote:Welcome home Ozzie. If you recorded the game, you made an appearance on national TV. Second half I think it was. Like they say if you can make it in NY, Smithfield should be a piece of cake. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :D
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:It's good to be home. NYC was great, but damn, I'm tired. All that cheering, drinking and carousing this past 48 hours! :asleep: :9f:
I did not record it. X( Mrs. Ozzie saw me on TV and texted me. (Whew! My alibi will hold up! B-) :)) )
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Welcome home, Ozzie! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Just back from the Christmas play.

I forgot how much I enjoyed kids' Christmas programs. Two of our "angels," twins, got into a shoving match over the use of the microphone and the littlest angel, who was wearing cowboy boots and using a pacifier, took Baby Jesus out of the manger and carried him around the sanctuary, high-fiving people as she saw fit. This was after she tried to sit down and rock the Baby Jesus but her wings were at the wrong angle so she fell out of the chair.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 11th, 2011, 9:52 pm

I've been in similar situations a multitude of times. I'm easily distracted.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 11th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished posting about pumpkin bread in the Good Morning thread, saw that devildeac was online, and glanced up to see if there was a new post in the Beer thread. Because it's how my brain works, I wondered how pumpkin bred would taste if it was made with beer. Then it occurred to me: it's a natural! Make it with Pumpkin Ale! Pumpkin Beer Bread! (Doesn't sound good to me, but it might appear to the beer connoisseurs.)
Check out the recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-ale-bread-392683
Should've known someone had already come up with this. My friend Google would've been able to answer the question.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 11th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Just got home from choir party following Lessons & Carols. Service went really well - maybe one of our best yet. Was a bit worried toward the end, though; my voice started going out during our next to last a capella number. It started squeaking a bit, so I had to lip sync for a line or two. I'm not completely mute, but my voice is pretty shot right now.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2011, 11:30 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time at the game. Thanks to Ozzie for coordinating our fun day. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
It was fun wasn't it! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Sure was. It was great to see you. :duke:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » December 11th, 2011, 11:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Just back from the Christmas play.

I forgot how much I enjoyed kids' Christmas programs. Two of our "angels," twins, got into a shoving match over the use of the microphone and the littlest angel, who was wearing cowboy boots and using a pacifier, took Baby Jesus out of the manger and carried him around the sanctuary, high-fiving people as she saw fit. This was after she tried to sit down and rock the Baby Jesus but her wings were at the wrong angle so she fell out of the chair.

:text-worthless:

Substitute post for the word thread, please.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2011, 11:34 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time at the game. Thanks to Ozzie for coordinating our fun day. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
You are welcome! Love it when the ID ticket office gives us such great seats! B-)
I was amased at our sets. Did the ID make a mistake or what? :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 11th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Love it!!! :)) :))
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » December 12th, 2011, 7:20 am

ArkieDukie wrote: While browsing through BluRays yesterday, I stumbled upon a collection that I had to buy: the entire Star Wars saga. Aside from wanting to own the movies, I wanted the Special Features disc that contains a collection of all Star Wars spoofs. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping that "George Lucas in Love" is a part of the collection. In case you haven't seen it before, look for it on YouTube. It's about 7 min long and is actually a spoof of "Shakespeare in Love," but it's about George Lucas writing Star Wars. It is absolutely hilarious.
I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it. I love the original theatrical versions. I can't stand the changes he made. I bought the DVD I have now because as one of the "special features", it has the originals. I don't watch the "main features" any more (watched it once just to confirm my opinion).

There's been a lot of debate OY about the Big Bang Theory. One of my favorite scenes is when Leonard is trying to convince Sheldon to watch the Clone Wars cartoon with him. Sheldon refuses because he hasn't seen the CW movie yet. Leonard tells him it doesn't matter when he watches it. Sheldon responds, "I prefer to be disappointed in the order in which George Lucas intended." Now, we can argue all we want about the quality, or lack thereof, of BBT, but I think there are millions of Star Wars fans out there that would agree with that sentiment.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 12th, 2011, 8:36 am

Hahahahaha!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 12th, 2011, 8:38 am

We used to do a progressive dinner party at Christmas when we lived in Raleigh. I loved seeing other people's homes decorated for Christmas and eating their yummy food!

The meatball recipe sounds yummy, and I look forward to trying them at a tailgate. I'm sorry they didn't work out for your party.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm

I just ate a banana flavored laffy taffy. It was gross, a burnt-to-a-crisp bacon wrapped meatball would have been better.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 12th, 2011, 7:46 pm

bjornolf wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: While browsing through BluRays yesterday, I stumbled upon a collection that I had to buy: the entire Star Wars saga. Aside from wanting to own the movies, I wanted the Special Features disc that contains a collection of all Star Wars spoofs. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping that "George Lucas in Love" is a part of the collection. In case you haven't seen it before, look for it on YouTube. It's about 7 min long and is actually a spoof of "Shakespeare in Love," but it's about George Lucas writing Star Wars. It is absolutely hilarious.
I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it. I love the original theatrical versions. I can't stand the changes he made. I bought the DVD I have now because as one of the "special features", it has the originals. I don't watch the "main features" any more (watched it once just to confirm my opinion).

There's been a lot of debate OY about the Big Bang Theory. One of my favorite scenes is when Leonard is trying to convince Sheldon to watch the Clone Wars cartoon with him. Sheldon refuses because he hasn't seen the CW movie yet. Leonard tells him it doesn't matter when he watches it. Sheldon responds, "I prefer to be disappointed in the order in which George Lucas intended." Now, we can argue all we want about the quality, or lack thereof, of BBT, but I think there are millions of Star Wars fans out there that would agree with that sentiment.

@};- @};-
Am currently making my way through the series. I haven't watched the prequel trilogy, so I'm starting with those. So far I'm not terribly impressed.

I probably do not remember the original movies well enough to notice the changes that Lucas made.
-- Albert Einstein