LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » December 6th, 2011, 11:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:It pays to have a broad base of knowledge. Many hours of studying while working on my engineering degree at Duke. Watch the news story embedded in the link, especially at the 1:10 mark. They highlight my "expertise" :D
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10469277/
Hysterical!

That Klingon thing was manufactured just 4 miles away from my house. There are lots of Klingons in Winterville.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I was enjoying my sick day more before the power went out. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I was enjoying my sick day more before the power went out. X(
Do you feel better LG? Sure hope so. I hope your power is back on by now. Game time is 20 min. away. We didn't go. Bud couldn't get back from Rocky Mt. in time. We got the tickets to a friend to use.

GO DUKE!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 7th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I was enjoying my sick day more before the power went out. X(
Do you feel better LG? Sure hope so. I hope your power is back on by now. Game time is 20 min. away. We didn't go. Bud couldn't get back from Rocky Mt. in time. We got the tickets to a friend to use.

GO DUKE!! :duke: :duke: :duke:
Thanks VDB. I got to watch the last 5 minutes. X( I will probably watch it on GoDuke tomorrow.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 8th, 2011, 3:31 pm

YUM! Starbucks Grande Peppermint White Mocha.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » December 8th, 2011, 8:26 pm

A day off, woohoo!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 9th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Today was fun; it started out with a display of stupidity by NuBarbie that was so epic it made me laugh to myself all day long. When I arrived at work, NuBarbie was in the office that I share with a co-worker. She was grilling him on what he had done in processing her data. The results weren't what she normally sees, so he must have done something wrong. I sat and listened to them going through everything for a few minutes, and I finally cut in because I couldn't stand it any more. The instrument that NuBarbie normally uses takes 50 measurements/sec. She was looking at data from an instrument that acquires 6 measurements/sec. Guess what? When you take almost 10x more measurements, you're going to see about 10x more data. #-o I pointed this out in a very nice, diplomatic manner, and laughed to myself for the rest of the day. Yep, this is the expert that was hired to replace me. PHB is majorly hosed and doesn't even realize it yet. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:

My colleague didn't know the problem with the data, but he doesn't have a master's degree focusing on the instrument in question. NuBarbie allegedly does. :twitch:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2011, 5:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Today was fun; it started out with a display of stupidity by NuBarbie that was so epic it made me laugh to myself all day long. When I arrived at work, NuBarbie was in the office that I share with a co-worker. She was grilling him on what he had done in processing her data. The results weren't what she normally sees, so he must have done something wrong. I sat and listened to them going through everything for a few minutes, and I finally cut in because I couldn't stand it any more. The instrument that NuBarbie normally uses takes 50 measurements/sec. She was looking at data from an instrument that acquires 6 measurements/sec. Guess what? When you take almost 10x more measurements, you're going to see about 10x more data. #-o I pointed this out in a very nice, diplomatic manner, and laughed to myself for the rest of the day. Yep, this is the expert that was hired to replace me. PHB is majorly hosed and doesn't even realize it yet. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:

My colleague didn't know the problem with the data, but he doesn't have a master's degree focusing on the instrument in question. NuBarbie allegedly does. :twitch:
That is too funny!!! I'm sure it made your day. :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » December 10th, 2011, 5:15 pm

We had a great time at the game. Thanks to Ozzie for coordinating our fun day. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » December 10th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time at the game. Thanks to Ozzie for coordinating our fun day. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
It was fun wasn't it! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 10th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We had a great time at the game. Thanks to Ozzie for coordinating our fun day. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Glad you had a good time, VDB! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 10th, 2011, 11:35 pm

I just finished watching "The Help" again. I really, really like that movie. Absolutely phenomenal.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 11th, 2011, 8:58 am

Just finished posting about pumpkin bread in the Good Morning thread, saw that devildeac was online, and glanced up to see if there was a new post in the Beer thread. Because it's how my brain works, I wondered how pumpkin bred would taste if it was made with beer. Then it occurred to me: it's a natural! Make it with Pumpkin Ale! Pumpkin Beer Bread! (Doesn't sound good to me, but it might appear to the beer connoisseurs.)
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 11th, 2011, 9:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished posting about pumpkin bread in the Good Morning thread, saw that devildeac was online, and glanced up to see if there was a new post in the Beer thread. Because it's how my brain works, I wondered how pumpkin bred would taste if it was made with beer. Then it occurred to me: it's a natural! Make it with Pumpkin Ale! Pumpkin Beer Bread! (Doesn't sound good to me, but it might appear to the beer connoisseurs.)
I think that's a GREAT idea. Lots of cooking can be done with beer. I think brown ales, porters and stouts are great in chili and other stews.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 11th, 2011, 11:19 am

You are welcome! Love it when the ID ticket office gives us such great seats! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2011, 3:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I just finished watching "The Help" again. I really, really like that movie. Absolutely phenomenal.
Agreed! That movie is the last one I've seen in the theater, and the first I had seen in a long time. Buying the DVD this week.
:happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 11th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Our block is having a series of Christmas parties tonight, at different houses. The first house has drinks, the second has appetizers, the third has desserts. I'm contributing to the appetizer house, so I am making jalapenos (sliced in half), filled with cream cheese, then topped with one of those little stuffed weenies, then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon. I'm also making meatballs wrapped in bacon. Both are slow smoked over wood for about an hour and half, and damn they look good. These will definitely being showing up a tailgate next year. :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 11th, 2011, 3:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I just finished watching "The Help" again. I really, really like that movie. Absolutely phenomenal.
Agreed! That movie is the last one I've seen in the theater, and the first I had seen in a long time. Buying the DVD this week.
:happy-bouncyblue:
I bought it on BluRay yesterday. Be sure to watch the documentary on the making of the movie. Interesting stuff.

While browsing through BluRays yesterday, I stumbled upon a collection that I had to buy: the entire Star Wars saga. Aside from wanting to own the movies, I wanted the Special Features disc that contains a collection of all Star Wars spoofs. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm hoping that "George Lucas in Love" is a part of the collection. In case you haven't seen it before, look for it on YouTube. It's about 7 min long and is actually a spoof of "Shakespeare in Love," but it's about George Lucas writing Star Wars. It is absolutely hilarious.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 11th, 2011, 3:36 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Our block is having a series of Christmas parties tonight, at different houses. The first house has drinks, the second has appetizers, the third has desserts. I'm contributing to the appetizer house, so I am making jalapenos (sliced in half), filled with cream cheese, then topped with one of those little stuffed weenies, then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon. I'm also making meatballs wrapped in bacon. Both are slow smoked over wood for about an hour and half, and damn they look good. These will definitely being showing up a tailgate next year. :happy-bouncyblue:
Sounds like fun, and the food sounds great! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 11th, 2011, 3:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Our block is having a series of Christmas parties tonight, at different houses. The first house has drinks, the second has appetizers, the third has desserts. I'm contributing to the appetizer house, so I am making jalapenos (sliced in half), filled with cream cheese, then topped with one of those little stuffed weenies, then the whole thing is wrapped in bacon. I'm also making meatballs wrapped in bacon. Both are slow smoked over wood for about an hour and half, and damn they look good. These will definitely being showing up a tailgate next year. :happy-bouncyblue:
Have a good time, and we'll be happy to try out the appetizers in 2012! :happy-bouncyblue:

We have the children's Christmas play at one of B's churches tonight, followed by finger foods. Dinner out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, also.

Next Sunday we have two more church Christmas dinners.

I lost 24 pounds from July to November and will probably put them all back on this month.
Iron Duke #1471997.