LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » November 28th, 2011, 6:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit creepy?

A clip from the Martinsville Bulletin....

Martinsville Senior Center’s annual Holiday Tea will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Martinsville Senior Center. Staff members from the sponsors — Collins, McKee-Stone and Community funeral homes — will help serve tea and refreshments to the seniors. Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will provide piano music and Christmas carols.
Trolling for customers...
Do they have a 'Lay-a-way' plan? :-? :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 28th, 2011, 6:23 pm

bjornolf wrote:Well, I had a fun day. I spent four hours in the ER, starting around 11:30 this morning. While getting the kids ready for school, I stepped on one of my daughter's toys (a dora horse stable), splintering it to pieces. In the process, an inch long, splintered piece of the toy went through the bottom of my croc and into the arch of my foot. It only penetrated about half an inch, but that was enough. I stepped on it once or twice more as a tried to regain my balance, just to make sure I'd inserted it as far as it would go. I pulled it out, bandaged myself up as best I could, and took the kids to school. Since I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 15 years, my doctor insisted I go to the ER when I called him a few hours later. So, they bandaged it and gave me a tetanus booster and a prescription for Cipro to help prevent infection since anything nasty on the bottom of the shoe would have been injected into my foot by the shard of plastic. Whole day of Christmas decorating wasted, PLUS I'm supposed to stay off of it for a few days, so my house will be half decorated for the foreseeable future. Damn.

Oops. I got inside your quote brackets. :twitch:

Look at the bright side. Half is better than none. And, what goes up, must come down. This way, there's only half of it to have to put away when Christmas is over. Then, for years to come, you'll have a story to tell and remind your kids of. This could save you a lot of work throughout the future if you play it right. Even after they're grown and moved out, they'll maybe have to think twice before asking Dad's help to make their new home look like the Griswold's. :D

I keed. I keed. Get yourself properly healed soon. :wizard:

@};- @};-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 28th, 2011, 7:04 pm

bjornolf wrote:Well, I had a fun day. I spent four hours in the ER, starting around 11:30 this morning. While getting the kids ready for school, I stepped on one of my daughter's toys (a dora horse stable), splintering it to pieces. In the process, an inch long, splintered piece of the toy went through the bottom of my croc and into the arch of my foot. It only penetrated about half an inch, but that was enough. I stepped on it once or twice more as a tried to regain my balance, just to make sure I'd inserted it as far as it would go. I pulled it out, bandaged myself up as best I could, and took the kids to school. Since I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 15 years, my doctor insisted I go to the ER when I called him a few hours later. So, they bandaged it and gave me a tetanus booster and a prescription for Cipro to help prevent infection since anything nasty on the bottom of the shoe would have been injected into my foot by the shard of plastic. Whole day of Christmas decorating wasted, PLUS I'm supposed to stay off of it for a few days, so my house will be half decorated for the foreseeable future. Damn.

@};- @};-
That sucks, can't believe you broke your kid's toy. L-)

Heal quick, that sounds way unfun. :wizard:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 28th, 2011, 8:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote: my house will be half decorated for the foreseeable future. Damn.

@};- @};-
Sorry to hear about your foot. Tell everyone the half decorated house is your reaction to others putting Christmas decorations out too early.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 28th, 2011, 9:10 pm

@};- @};-
Sorry to hear this, bjornolf. Healing vibes from the varnish zone. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 28th, 2011, 9:25 pm

@};- @};-
I bet that hurt. Vibes coming to you to heal soon. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 29th, 2011, 12:34 am

Healing vibes to you, Bjornolf. About those decorations, just remember that less is more. :D
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 29th, 2011, 7:01 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Healing vibes to you, Bjornolf. About those decorations, just remember that less is more. :D
Tell that to my younger son. He is OBSESSED with decorations. He even asks for them for Christmas. And his birthday.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » November 29th, 2011, 11:17 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Healing vibes to you, Bjornolf. About those decorations, just remember that less is more. :D
Sending my most powerful (and Hell yes, they work), healing vibes to Bjornolf:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((BJORNOLF BE HEALED!)))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 29th, 2011, 5:35 pm

EarlJam wrote:
Sending my most powerful (and Hell yes, they work), healing vibes to Bjornolf:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((BJORNOLF BE HEALED!)))))))))))))))))))))))))

-EarlJam
I'll second that! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 29th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Came home from work early today. I feel like I have been beaten. Viral gastroenteritis: the gift that keeps on giving. This one little bug started with one of my nephews, spread to his sister and mom (sent her to the hospital), my dad, me, my mom, my older sister, and 2 of her kids. That was the last count. Hopefully it stops there.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2011, 7:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Came home from work early today. I feel like I have been beaten. Viral gastroenteritis: the gift that keeps on giving. This one little bug started with one of my nephews, spread to his sister and mom (sent her to the hospital), my dad, me, my mom, my older sister, and 2 of her kids. That was the last count. Hopefully it stops there.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Sending get well vibes. :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2011, 7:28 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Tell that to my younger son. He is OBSESSED with decorations. He even asks for them for Christmas. And his birthday.

@};- @};-
Have fun Griswlaling!! :))
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};- @};-
Woops. It was supposed to be Griswaling....and I probably spelled it wrong. What can I say. :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 29th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};- @};-
Woops. It was supposed to be Griswaling....and I probably spelled it wrong. What can I say. :D
You got an extra post out of it. Not all bad!

:9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 29th, 2011, 7:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Came home from work early today. I feel like I have been beaten. Viral gastroenteritis: the gift that keeps on giving. This one little bug started with one of my nephews, spread to his sister and mom (sent her to the hospital), my dad, me, my mom, my older sister, and 2 of her kids. That was the last count. Hopefully it stops there.
Get well soon vibes, AD! Sorry your whole family ended up with the crud. Vibes to them, too. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2011, 7:53 pm

I'm really nervous about tonight's game. :-s :duke:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 29th, 2011, 8:00 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

@};- @};-
Woops. It was supposed to be Griswaling....and I probably spelled it wrong. What can I say. :D[/quote]

:9f: :9f:[/quote]

:happy-bouncyblue: Who me? I wouldn't PW. ;)
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 29th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

@};- @};-

:9f: :9f:[/quote]

:happy-bouncyblue: Who me? I wouldn't PW. ;)[/quote]

Of course you wouldn't, VDB. ;)
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 29th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:I'm really nervous about tonight's game. :-s :duke:
Me too. :-ss

Gonna go exercise, see if that takes the edge off. The glass of shiraz I had at supper didn't help.
Iron Duke #1471997.