LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 23rd, 2011, 4:43 pm

CathyCA wrote:I am the last person in the office. Everyone else went home.

It's not fun anymore. I think I'll go home, too.

:9f:
I had a service call to make in New Bern, so I saved it for last and took my car. Then I went shopping and have been home for the last half hour. I smell like cloves, I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

I had a service call to make in New Bern, so I saved it for last and took my car. Then I went shopping and have been home for the last half hour. I smell like cloves, I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f:
What are you making with the cloves?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 23rd, 2011, 8:03 pm

captmojo wrote:Help!
I'm having bad feelings about tonight's game. Michigan is pretty tough and I feel it will take a much better effort than was shown against Tennessee. And it's gonna have to come from all 5 positions. They only lost one player from last year's team.
The only impression I got out of the Vols was that the only real talent they have is in their backcourt. The guys up front were big but they lack true talent. Michigan does have talent and I also feel bad because I took the time to compliment them last year, after the tournament matchup in Charlotte, to a couple of Michigan folks that shared an elevator ride at the parking deck. 8-}

Maybe it would help if I changed my spelling to "Meeshagin".

Sorry. It must have been something I ate. :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 23rd, 2011, 9:41 pm

CathyCA wrote:

What are you making with the cloves?

Hopefully, his winter ale :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 23rd, 2011, 10:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Our church (well, one of them) had up a Christmas tree poster this morning with "ornaments" listing items requested by clients of Social Services as Christmas presents.

One person's ornament read: "Duke shirt (Medium) or hat."

I think somebody's gonna find a few extra things in his/her stocking. :duke:
I like that! A Duke shirt and hat would be nice!

So many people will be listed this year with Social Services, Churchs, Salvation Army for their Christmas needs and groceries.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 23rd, 2011, 11:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: That reminds me. I need a new belt.
If you were on my Christmas list, you would have just given me a big hint. But you're not on my list. Should Santa's elves alert someone who has you on his or her list?

Nah, I'll pick one up for myself. I'll let Santa get me better stuff than a belt! :D :9f:
From the Movie.. ELF...... You are on the Naughty list!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 23rd, 2011, 11:21 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: What are you making with the cloves?

That would be good..but nope. The cloves went in my turkey brine. :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 24th, 2011, 10:38 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote: What are you making with the cloves?

Cloves and lemons in your turkey. Sounds like spiced tea. Yum!

Will you share the entire recipe?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 27th, 2011, 10:34 pm

A really nasty stomach bug is making its way through my family. I came home and promptly got sick as a dog. In case you ever wondered, making a 4.5 hr drive while coming down with a bug is NOT fun. :ymsick:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 27th, 2011, 11:41 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:A really nasty stomach bug is making its way through my family. I came home and promptly got sick as a dog. In case you ever wondered, making a 4.5 hr drive while coming down with a bug is NOT fun. :ymsick:
Hope this doesn't impact your next phone call later this week. Feel better quick! :)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 28th, 2011, 8:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:Hopefully, his winter ale :D .
Cloves and lemons in your turkey. Sounds like spiced tea. Yum!

Will you share the entire recipe?

I would if I could, but I never keep track of what I put in things. For the brine I used a cup of salt per gallon of water, then I put fresh (from Julie's herb garden) rosemary, sage, thyme (about a tablespoon of each) in it, plus about a 1/2 cup of lemon juice. The bird soaked for 36 hours (24 would have been fine, but the turkey was still halfway frozen) in that before it went on the grill. I stuffed it with cut lemons, oregano, cut onions and garlic. Then I smoked it over pecan for about 6 hours.
stuffedturkey.jpg
After about 3 hours
smokedturkey.jpg
slicedturkey.jpg
After 6 hours. This was the best turkey I ever made. I saved a bunch to make a pot pie some time down the road.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 28th, 2011, 8:46 am

That sounds amazing, CBB! My mom doesn't brine her turkey, so it's always a bit on the dry side.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 28th, 2011, 8:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:That sounds amazing, CBB! My mom doesn't brine her turkey, so it's always a bit on the dry side.
This was the first time I've brined mine. TNT always does for his and they taste great. In the past I've had no problem keeping the turkey moist; I periodically spray it with one of those cans of canola (or other vegetable) oil and it works great.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 28th, 2011, 10:25 am

You turned out one beeeeyooooteeeeful bird, CB. Doing it on the grill is a great way to save oven space for other things. Smart.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 28th, 2011, 11:28 am

Maybe this will work here. I am typing a letter to a client. I noticed that it is 11:28 on 11/28.

I wonder if I've set my clocks correctly here to show the same thing.

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 28th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit creepy?

A clip from the Martinsville Bulletin....

Martinsville Senior Center’s annual Holiday Tea will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Martinsville Senior Center. Staff members from the sponsors — Collins, McKee-Stone and Community funeral homes — will help serve tea and refreshments to the seniors. Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will provide piano music and Christmas carols.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 28th, 2011, 12:44 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit creepy?

Martinsville Senior Center’s annual Holiday Tea will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Martinsville Senior Center. Staff members from the sponsors — Collins, McKee-Stone and Community funeral homes — will help serve tea and refreshments to the seniors. Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will provide piano music and Christmas carols.
Trolling for customers...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 28th, 2011, 12:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit creepy?

I think it's hysterical.

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 28th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Well, I had a fun day. I spent four hours in the ER, starting around 11:30 this morning. While getting the kids ready for school, I stepped on one of my daughter's toys (a dora horse stable), splintering it to pieces. In the process, an inch long, splintered piece of the toy went through the bottom of my croc and into the arch of my foot. It only penetrated about half an inch, but that was enough. I stepped on it once or twice more as a tried to regain my balance, just to make sure I'd inserted it as far as it would go. I pulled it out, bandaged myself up as best I could, and took the kids to school. Since I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 15 years, my doctor insisted I go to the ER when I called him a few hours later. So, they bandaged it and gave me a tetanus booster and a prescription for Cipro to help prevent infection since anything nasty on the bottom of the shoe would have been injected into my foot by the shard of plastic. Whole day of Christmas decorating wasted, PLUS I'm supposed to stay off of it for a few days, so my house will be half decorated for the foreseeable future. Damn.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 28th, 2011, 4:52 pm

bjornolf wrote:Well, I had a fun day. I spent four hours in the ER, starting around 11:30 this morning. While getting the kids ready for school, I stepped on one of my daughter's toys (a dora horse stable), splintering it to pieces. In the process, an inch long, splintered piece of the toy went through the bottom of my croc and into the arch of my foot. It only penetrated about half an inch, but that was enough. I stepped on it once or twice more as a tried to regain my balance, just to make sure I'd inserted it as far as it would go. I pulled it out, bandaged myself up as best I could, and took the kids to school. Since I hadn't had a tetanus shot in 15 years, my doctor insisted I go to the ER when I called him a few hours later. So, they bandaged it and gave me a tetanus booster and a prescription for Cipro to help prevent infection since anything nasty on the bottom of the shoe would have been injected into my foot by the shard of plastic. Whole day of Christmas decorating wasted, PLUS I'm supposed to stay off of it for a few days, so my house will be half decorated for the foreseeable future. Damn.

@};- @};-
OUCH! Vibes to you, bjornolf. Christmas decorations are secondary. Hope the healing process is complete, and that you don't have to deal with infection. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein