LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » October 9th, 2011, 1:44 pm

captmojo wrote:There was a Nolan sighting at Kenan yesterday wearing a Louisville cap.
Go Nolan!!! Gotta love him!!!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 9th, 2011, 3:21 pm

captmojo wrote:There was a Nolan sighting at Kenan yesterday wearing a Louisville cap.
=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 9th, 2011, 11:42 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Good man! :9f:
I always knew Nolan was a smart man!
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 11th, 2011, 12:24 am

Salt and Pepa?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 11th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Whatta man?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 11th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Don't go chasing waterfalls. :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 11th, 2011, 11:06 pm

I just received the news magazine from a school I attended for 4 years. It is celebrating 100 years and it is fun to read all the articles and see what fellow students from that time are up to now. It makes me want to take a trip back to Seoul and see all the changes.
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » October 11th, 2011, 11:07 pm

bluebutton wrote:Out of the blue, I just got an itinerary my mom forwarded on--she's meeting us in CA for my cousin's wedding in Nov. My parents live in Asia, so all this time, I thought she wasn't going to make a special trip for the wedding. Great surprise. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Have to say, I'm pretty sure 2 cute grandkids were part of her travel calculus--not that she doesn't love my cousin and isn't great friends with my aunt.

BTW, I'll take any tips, tricks, and horror stories regarding flying with a toddler and infant. Fortunately, Austin to San Jose has a direct flight called the 'Nerd Bird' :-B :angelic-whiteflying:. I'm most apprehensive about wrestling 2 car seats through the airport.
Get one of these car seat totes. You can roll the seat on its wheels or carry it like a backpack. I used one on our trip last year to Aruba and it is a must have for travelling.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... n=shopping

I've also thought about getting one of these:
http://daddytypes.com/2005/06/20/gogo_k ... r_seat.php

Wheels for the carseat. It also takes care of two problems, since you can keep the kid strapped in and prevent the random wandering.
-- DukeUsul
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 11th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Bragging Aunt time again - a recurring theme with me. :D

Nephew Alex was part of Penn State's iGem team: http://2011.igem.org/Team:Penn_State :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

They have advanced from the Americas Regionals and will be going to the Worlds at MIT in November. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Even better - he cared enough to send a text message to his aunts to let us know! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » October 12th, 2011, 3:09 am

DukeUsul wrote: Get one of these car seat totes. You can roll the seat on its wheels or carry it like a backpack. I used one on our trip last year to Aruba and it is a must have for travelling.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... n=shopping

I've also thought about getting one of these:
http://daddytypes.com/2005/06/20/gogo_k ... r_seat.php

Wheels for the carseat. It also takes care of two problems, since you can keep the kid strapped in and prevent the random wandering.
Ooo... Thanks for the links! I saw the 2nd thing, but given that we don't want to be flying much wasn't sure about dropping $80 on the luggage cart. But the back pack thing is inexpensive enough to think about.

I feel slightly evil b/c my cousin (the one getting married in a month) asked if there was anything we needed for the trip and I asked her if she could ask around about a car seat for our 2 year old--if it wasn't too much trouble. Hopefully, she won't spend more than 5 min asking around. So potentially, if she could find one, we'd only need to get the infant car seat through the airport and we've done that a couple times, no problem. And if we do need to bring one for the 2 y.o., I realized we should bring the much lighter seat we keep in my husband's car. BRITAX makes great car seats but they are behemoths. Just thinking about getting those through an airport makes me want to cry.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2011, 5:45 pm

I discovered a fun new pastime at work today: technospeaking over NuBarbie's head. :ymdevil: This is something I did in past job situations with people who treated me in a condescending manner. It really shouldn't surprise me that it works in this particular case. It was so easy, too, and especially fun since I was talking over her head in stuff that she is supposed to know how to do. :ymdevil: =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 13th, 2011, 6:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I discovered a fun new pastime at work today: technospeaking over NuBarbie's head. :ymdevil: This is something I did in past job situations with people who treated me in a condescending manner. It really shouldn't surprise me that it works in this particular case. It was so easy, too, and especially fun since I was talking over her head in stuff that she is supposed to know how to do. :ymdevil: =))
Well done! Did she get that deer in the headlights glassy stare in her eyes? :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 13th, 2011, 6:58 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I discovered a fun new pastime at work today: technospeaking over NuBarbie's head. :ymdevil: This is something I did in past job situations with people who treated me in a condescending manner. It really shouldn't surprise me that it works in this particular case. It was so easy, too, and especially fun since I was talking over her head in stuff that she is supposed to know how to do. :ymdevil: =))
Well done! Did she get that deer in the headlights glassy stare in her eyes? :ymdevil:
Exactly! How did you know?

What's really funny about this? It was COMPLETELY UNINTENTIONAL! =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 13th, 2011, 10:01 pm

^:)^ =)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 13th, 2011, 10:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well done! Did she get that deer in the headlights glassy stare in her eyes? :ymdevil:
I gave that look on several occasions today. My boss even asked me about it.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 14th, 2011, 8:28 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Bragging Aunt time again - a recurring theme with me. :D

Nephew Alex was part of Penn State's iGem team: http://2011.igem.org/Team:Penn_State :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

They have advanced from the Americas Regionals and will be going to the Worlds at MIT in November. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Even better - he cared enough to send a text message to his aunts to let us know! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Good job Alex. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Good luck in the Worlds. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 14th, 2011, 1:59 pm

I have 100 post to go before reaching 5000. :happy-bouncyblue:
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 14th, 2011, 2:23 pm

I haven't checked into this thread in ages. Anyone want to recap the last 50 or so pages of it for me?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 14th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Umm... the season began last night... just ask colchar! :ymdevil: ;) :flags-canada:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400046705

The only sport that truly matters.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 14th, 2011, 6:38 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
^:)^ =)) :ymdevil:
More fun today. NuBarbie asked an office mate for help on something I know about in great detail. Neither of them asked for my input, so I didn't offer any help. Wonder if NB ever figured out what to do. :whistle:

Is it just me, or is NB's attitude a bit counterproductive? NB is a sycophant and is following in PHB's footsteps.
-- Albert Einstein