Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2011, 4:04 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I dropped the charge on the one-legged guy for kicking his neighbor.

Courthouse scuttlebutt is that his legal troubles are far from over....
Oh, do tell!

(I'm enjoying trying to picture a one-legged guy kick his neighbor. Did he hop over there, flop down on his bottom and then begin kicking up at the neighbor with his leg?)

:9f:
I can take ya!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2011, 4:15 pm

The neighbor didn't say anything when I talked to him today about being kicked (although that's what he told the magistrate). Instead, he said defendant tried to hit him and missed, then grabbed his neck and shirt and punched him. He didn't want to go forward in the interests of peace in the trailer park.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2011, 5:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Capt, glad your back is better. Did you get up the mountain far enough to see what was left of Meadows of Dan School? It was a pretty WPA-built school, still in use (125 students from K-7th grade! talk about small class size) and burned down over the weekend.
As a matter of fact, yes I did. We drove up to Meadows of Dan to see if we could get a 'Possum Pie' to take back home. They were out. :| Maybe next time.
The school doesn't look good. The top floor is where the damage is, through the roof. I understand they intend to hold classes in the gym.

On another subject...how about the refocus on the Short family murders? Any news that can be told? :-?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 15th, 2011, 5:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I dropped the charge on the one-legged guy for kicking his neighbor.

The charge couldn't stand up, huh? :))
Probably couldn't get a leg up over it.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2011, 6:29 pm

captmojo wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
Capt, glad your back is better. Did you get up the mountain far enough to see what was left of Meadows of Dan School? It was a pretty WPA-built school, still in use (125 students from K-7th grade! talk about small class size) and burned down over the weekend.
As a matter of fact, yes I did. We drove up to Meadows of Dan to see if we could get a 'Possum Pie' to take back home. They were out. :| Maybe next time.
The school doesn't look good. The top floor is where the damage is, through the roof. I understand they intend to hold classes in the gym.

On another subject...how about the refocus on the Short family murders? Any news that can be told? :-?
I don't know anything new going on with the Short family murders. The anniversary of the parents' murders and the disappearance of Jennifer rolled around again, and I guess in this election year people wanted to wave the flag.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 15th, 2011, 6:36 pm

It would be nice to have the answer to this tragedy.
Who? Why? I hope that one day, you get to send off the guilty of this sad story.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 15th, 2011, 6:38 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Good one, Ozzie! :))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2011, 7:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Good one, Ozzie! :))
This time he wasn't the one without a leg to stand on....(sorry)
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Check this out, pretty neat. I don't think you have to be on FB to see it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2011, 8:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Check this out, pretty neat. I don't think you have to be on FB to see it.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
Another neat fact. The guy in the blue shirt clapping is Ronnie, one of the Bowl Bound Boozers/Coach Cut Cookers. He's standing pretty much where their tents are today, but we didn't know them back then. Love a die hard fan! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2011, 8:48 pm

I think I was walking behind the team, following them from the bus stop/Chapel area. B-)

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2011, 7:11 pm

In the category of Things That Didn't Take Long, I had to bail out NuBarbie today because she doesn't understand what she's doing. The big cancer project is a coordinated effort with another group on campus. The coordinator from the other side of the project came over today to ask for information regarding the work our lab has done to date, and NuBarbie couldn't answer the questions. The coordinator knew to ask me because she knew I did much of the work for the grant. It would be highly amusing if the other coordinator told my boss that she had to get info from me because NuBarbie didn't know, but I'm sure that won't happen. Of course, it would be even more amusing for my boss to find this out AFTER I find a new job and am out the door. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2011, 7:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:In the category of Things That Didn't Take Long, I had to bail out NuBarbie today because she doesn't understand what she's doing. The big cancer project is a coordinated effort with another group on campus. The coordinator from the other side of the project came over today to ask for information regarding the work our lab has done to date, and NuBarbie couldn't answer the questions. The coordinator knew to ask me because she knew I did much of the work for the grant. It would be highly amusing if the other coordinator told my boss that she had to get info from me because NuBarbie didn't know, but I'm sure that won't happen. Of course, it would be even more amusing for my boss to find this out AFTER I find a new job and am out the door. :ymdevil:
When it's all said and done, if you don't enlighten him, there are like...all of us, that would be much more than willing to offer that service. ;)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Another interesting and somewhat amusing horoscope, given today's events:
There is a fun but significant misalignment in the energies around you today, so you can expect a lot of missed connections, misunderstandings and mismatched pairs in your life right now. A new partnership is not working out as well as everyone hoped it would, and you might be asked to step in and assume a new role to help smooth things over. You're a better fit for this person anyway -- even though you don't like to admit it. Being easygoing is going to help you make an easy go of it!
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2011, 12:07 am

Is it possible that the other department will insist that you be involved?
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2011, 7:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Is it possible that the other department will insist that you be involved?
Probably not. At least, not until she really messes something up. Hopefully, I'll be gone by then.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 17th, 2011, 12:13 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote::drool: :D
Headed to a good deli today, Ozzie? ;)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2011, 12:16 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote::drool: :D
Headed to a good deli today, Ozzie? ;)
No, I needed some decent smilies for a post OY, so I put up a temporary post here. You'll notice I took it down when I was done with it. You just happened by and saw it while it was up! You caught me! :)) :ymblushing:

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Has anybody seen Wicked? My wife read the book several years back and LOVED it. So, for her birthday, I got a limo (she'd never been in one) and took her to dinner at Ruth's Chris, followed by Wicked at the Kennedy Center. I sprang for box seats, cause she deserves it. She had an unbelievable time. Sometimes I amaze even myself. :ymblushing:

We bought the CD, and I must say that while the Glinda in the version we saw didn't have nearly as good a voice as Kristin Chenoweth, the woman playing Elzabah in the version we saw blew the original one from the CD out of the water. I wish there were a CD with Chenoweth and the Elzabah we saw.

Anyway, point being, it was amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Even I enjoyed it, and I'm not generally a musical guy.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2011, 7:39 pm

bjornolf wrote:Has anybody seen Wicked? My wife read the book several years back and LOVED it. So, for her birthday, I got a limo (she'd never been in one) and took her to dinner at Ruth's Chris, followed by Wicked at the Kennedy Center. I sprang for box seats, cause she deserves it. She had an unbelievable time. Sometimes I amaze even myself. :ymblushing:

We bought the CD, and I must say that while the Glinda in the version we saw didn't have nearly as good a voice as Kristin Chenoweth, the woman playing Elzabah in the version we saw blew the original one from the CD out of the water. I wish there were a CD with Chenoweth and the Elzabah we saw.

Anyway, point being, it was amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Even I enjoyed it, and I'm not generally a musical guy.

@};-
Love Wicked. Love, love, love it. I've seen it twice and would see it again in a heartbeat.

The original Elphabah was Idina Menzel. Bit of trivia: both she and Kristin Chenoweth have been guest stars on Glee.
-- Albert Einstein