LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » July 5th, 2011, 6:25 pm

Uggh... the weather is hot and muggy, which means only one thing...

AC repair bill for today's repair... $175.

CHA-CHING!! :-w
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 5th, 2011, 8:38 pm

A/C issue have been going around my section of cubicles. The worst damage was for a whole new system...
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 6th, 2011, 1:36 am

I think, with this post, I still have 34 posts to go to get to 1,000. Dang, y'all type fast. ;)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 6th, 2011, 8:11 am

DevilAlumna wrote:I think, with this post, I still have 34 posts to go to get to 1,000. Dang, y'all type fast. ;)
You can do it, DA!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 6th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Getting ready to watch USA vs. Sweden in the Womens World Cup. U-S-A! U-S-A! **==
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 6th, 2011, 2:45 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Getting ready to watch USA vs. Sweden in the Womens World Cup. U-S-A! U-S-A! **==
**== :wizard: **== :wizard: **== :wizard: **== :wizard: **== :wizard: **==
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » July 7th, 2011, 1:04 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Turk wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:A big shout-out/god-bless to the person who invented motorized swings. :happy-bouncyblue:
Ah yes, ours was essential to domestic tranquility back in the day when the young Turks were little hatchlings. We called ours the "Neglect-o-matic".
Bwahahaha!!! Thanks, Turk - good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, or I'd need a new keyboard. =))
Can't take credit for the name, after Mrs. Turk found out my standard medley of lullabies included such classics as "Badlands", "My Hometown", "Clampdown", "Friend of the Devil", "Open Letter to a Landlord", "Wreck on the Highway", etc. She figured out we'd be saving on shrink bills in the long run if we just used the barebones basics that technology could bring us re chid care. The Neglecto-matic certainly qualifies on that point...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 7th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Turk wrote: Can't take credit for the name, after Mrs. Turk found out my standard medley of lullabies included such classics as "Badlands", "My Hometown", "Clampdown", "Friend of the Devil", "Open Letter to a Landlord", "Wreck on the Highway", etc. She figured out we'd be saving on shrink bills in the long run if we just used the barebones basics that technology could bring us re chid care. The Neglecto-matic certainly qualifies on that point...
Hey, ya gotta go with what lyrics you know. FDA gets sung to sleep with showtunes from the likes of South Pacific (Dites-Moi, Cockeyed Optimist), Music Man (Goodnight My Someone), and Sound of Music (Edel weiss).

Frankly, if I knew lyrics to Friend of the Devil, I'd add that to the repertoire. :happy-bouncyblue:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 7th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Don't know Friend of the Devil, but I do know Runnin' with the Devil.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 7th, 2011, 8:39 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
Turk wrote: Can't take credit for the name, after Mrs. Turk found out my standard medley of lullabies included such classics as "Badlands", "My Hometown", "Clampdown", "Friend of the Devil", "Open Letter to a Landlord", "Wreck on the Highway", etc. She figured out we'd be saving on shrink bills in the long run if we just used the barebones basics that technology could bring us re chid care. The Neglecto-matic certainly qualifies on that point...
Hey, ya gotta go with what lyrics you know. FDA gets sung to sleep with showtunes from the likes of South Pacific (Dites-Moi, Cockeyed Optimist), Music Man (Goodnight My Someone), and Sound of Music (Edel weiss).

Frankly, if I knew lyrics to Friend of the Devil, I'd add that to the repertoire. :happy-bouncyblue:
Your wish: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grateful+d ... 62294.html

Bonus lyrics: http://www.lyricstime.com/van-halen-run ... yrics.html

Added bonus lyrics (but I think you already know these :D )): http://www.cduniverse.com/shorty-long-d ... 805587.htm

Sweet dreams for Future DA ;;) :-* .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 7th, 2011, 8:52 pm

devildeac wrote:Your wish: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grateful+d ... 62294.html

Bonus lyrics: http://www.lyricstime.com/van-halen-run ... yrics.html

Added bonus lyrics (but I think you already know these :D )): http://www.cduniverse.com/shorty-long-d ... 805587.htm

Sweet dreams for Future DA ;;) :-* .
LOL at that last one!

Mr. DA thinks that the Cameron Crazies' cheer of "Let's Go, Duke," sounds more like "Ja-Ja-Boo," (he only watches games to humor me) so I have started saying that to her, with appropriate hand gestures. Maybe she'll have it down by the time the ACC season starts. :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 7th, 2011, 11:22 pm

Another lesson from court: those who steal cars would find their chances of getting away with it vastly improved if they didn't leave copies of their Federal probation paperwork (complete with name, DOB, and picture) in the cars they steal.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 8th, 2011, 12:29 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Another lesson from court: those who steal cars would find their chances of getting away with it vastly improved if they didn't leave copies of their Federal probation paperwork (complete with name, DOB, and picture) in the cars they steal.
No one ever claimed criminals were smart. If they were smart, they could probably make a living by working instead of stealing.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 8th, 2011, 8:19 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Another lesson from court: those who steal cars would find their chances of getting away with it vastly improved if they didn't leave copies of their Federal probation paperwork (complete with name, DOB, and picture) in the cars they steal.
I'm thinking that said thief is soon going to be back in federal court on a probation violation.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 8th, 2011, 10:00 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

My Katie's favorite songs to be sung to bed to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HdlYVKBUVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlbLCNdaV2s
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 8th, 2011, 11:04 am

There is a Duke fan/contestant named Caleb on The Price Is Right -- right now!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 8th, 2011, 11:05 am

CathyCA wrote:There is a Duke fan/contestant named Caleb on The Price Is Right -- right now!

And Caleb the Duke fan just won a car on The Price Is Right.

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 8th, 2011, 11:05 am

CathyCA wrote:There is a Duke fan/contestant named Caleb on The Price Is Right -- right now!

Go Caleb!!! Spay and neuter your pets!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :O3
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 8th, 2011, 11:20 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Go Caleb!!! Spay and neuter your pets!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :O3
Caleb, the Duke fan from South Dakota, did not win the Showcase Showdown.

Good-bye, Caleb. Thanks for representing :duke: .

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 8th, 2011, 3:14 pm

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!...from a front page post OY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNC-The-Carolina-Wa ... 500wt_1202

=)) =)) =))