LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 16th, 2011, 9:48 pm

I had a good visit in Kenansville. I visited with Dawn, Mark and Max yesterday afternoon. I didn't know Max got a bunch of trophies at the sports banquet but he did. I'm very proud of him. He got the academic athletic, sportsman, coaches and most improved trophies. He also got one for playing all 4 sports. My two favorite are the first two. :ymhug:

I got to visit with my friends while I was there. My friend with the slow growing brain tumor seems to be doing fairly well. She comes back to Duke next week for another MRI and will see her doctor. My other friends a doing OK. I love catching up with my Kenansville family and friends.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » June 17th, 2011, 8:34 am

I have a meeting today. Plus I'm making pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad and green beans for my cousin's boyfriend's birthday. Tonight we celebrate. Tomorrow we go to the Whitewater Center. :ymparty:
sMiles
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 17th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Anyone following the US Open? Or attending?
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 17th, 2011, 7:44 pm

I was through Columbia, MD last week, but haven't attended a US Open since Payne Stewart won it in '99.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 17th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Miles wrote:I have a meeting today. Plus I'm making pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad and green beans for my cousin's boyfriend's birthday. Tonight we celebrate. Tomorrow we go to the Whitewater Center. :ymparty:
Dang, I wish I were dating a relative of yours... seriously, what do you prepare for actual blood relatives? ;) :D
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 17th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Margaritas with dinner tonight. Mr. DA used to be a bartender (for >7 years, at the original Red Robin.) He makes a yummy margarita. :D :drool:

It's so nice to be able to drink again!!! :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue:

:duke:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 18th, 2011, 7:53 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I was through Columbia, MD last week, but haven't attended a US Open since Payne Stewart won it in '99.
L-) I guess I should've said Bethesda...I was in the entire area. And got delayed at BWI for the 3rd time straight time due to rain. If they hit drought conditions, I'll fly in for a small fee.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 18th, 2011, 11:02 pm

I was rolling, going for the front page sweep, but didn't make it...

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 20th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Rescuing LTE2.0 from page two. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 20th, 2011, 3:14 pm

RBC bank was purchased for $3.45 billion to PNC bank. Sad news for the NC based bank, out of Rocky Mount. Layoffs are expected.

Check Wral and WTVD for updates. :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 20th, 2011, 4:50 pm

My BB&T is building a new office a mile down the street. This sucks, right now we share the same parking lot. It was so easy to not have to drive to the bank.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 20th, 2011, 7:21 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
August West wrote:Nope, not a Lotus. It is a Tesla Roadster. An all electric high performance sports car. 100K plus. AW. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:hits the fan:
:face desk:
Cathy: PLEASE tell me that EXLAX didn't just buy this thing.
Well, either he did or his girlfriend did.

Either he or his girlfriend may have bought a lemon...or not. Tesla is suing the car show Top Gear for libel.
Tesla claims that Top Gear misrepresented the company along these following points:
1. The Roadster ran out of charge and had to be pushed into the Top Gear hangar by four men.

2. The Roadster’s true range is only 55 miles per charge (not 211).

3. One Roadster’s motor overheated and was completely immobilized as a result.

4. The other Roadster’s brakes were broken, rendering the car undriveable.

5. That neither of the two Roadsters provided to Top Gear was available for test driving due to these problems
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1057 ... -falsehood
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 20th, 2011, 7:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My BB&T is building a new office a mile down the street. This sucks, right now we share the same parking lot. It was so easy to not have to drive to the bank.
What is the benefit of a new office for BB&T?
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » June 20th, 2011, 11:53 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Either he or his girlfriend may have bought a lemon...or not. Tesla is suing the car show Top Gear for libel.
Tesla claims that Top Gear misrepresented the company along these following points:
1. The Roadster ran out of charge and had to be pushed into the Top Gear hangar by four men.

2. The Roadster’s true range is only 55 miles per charge (not 211).

3. One Roadster’s motor overheated and was completely immobilized as a result.

4. The other Roadster’s brakes were broken, rendering the car undriveable.

5. That neither of the two Roadsters provided to Top Gear was available for test driving due to these problems
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1057 ... -falsehood
One of Jeremy Clarkson's rebuttals: http://www.motorward.com/2009/01/jeremy ... -on-tesla/
Tesla could not complain about what was shown because it was there. And here’s the strange thing. It didn’t. But someone did. Loudly and to every newspaper in the world. The Daily Telegraph said we’d been caught up in a new fakery row. The Guardian accused us of being “underhanded”. The New York Times wondered if we’d been “misleading”. The Daily Mail said I could give you breast cancer.
My personal favorite paragraph of his:
The problem is, though, that really and honestly, the US-made Tesla works only at dinner parties. Tell someone you have one and in minutes you will be having sex. But as a device for moving you and your things around, it is about as much use as a bag of muddy spinach.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 21st, 2011, 12:02 am

DevilAlumna wrote:My personal favorite paragraph of his:
The problem is, though, that really and honestly, the US-made Tesla works only at dinner parties. Tell someone you have one and in minutes you will be having sex. But as a device for moving you and your things around, it is about as much use as a bag of muddy spinach.
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 21st, 2011, 9:36 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:My personal favorite paragraph of his:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
This explains why ExLax was driving the Tesla.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » June 21st, 2011, 9:38 am

Okay, I must read the LTE 2.0 more often! :D

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 21st, 2011, 9:44 am

CathyCA wrote:This explains why ExLax was driving the Tesla.

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Well done, Cathy!!
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 21st, 2011, 12:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:This explains why ExLax was driving the Tesla.

Well done, Cathy!!
I could write something here about how some men erroneously think that the size, price, and flashiness of their cars represents the size, experience, or capabilities of their. . .

Nah, I won't do that.

~ James Naismith
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » June 21st, 2011, 12:36 pm

CathyCA wrote: I could write something here about how some men erroneously think that the size, price, and flashiness of their cars represents the size, experience, or capabilities of their. . .

Nah, I won't do that.

Think what you want, but size, price and flashiness of men's cars often DO represent the size, experience, or capabilities of their (you know what).

This makes for interesting discussion. Will be back to contribute but now I must take my old, rusted Volkswagen Bug down to the shop for repair. Something's wrong with the fuel line and it just limps along the road much slower than it used to. :(

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.