LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2011, 4:22 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Oh and Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary to BD's Mom and Dad today!
Happy Anniversary! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » June 2nd, 2011, 5:23 pm

August West wrote:Nope, not a Lotus. It is a Tesla Roadster. An all electric high performance sports car. 100K plus. AW. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
August West wrote:Looks like a Lotus. I'll do a little search when I have a minute. AW. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA wrote:Can anyone tell me what kind of car this is?

FYI, Lotus has the contract from Tesla to make their car bodies. So it's no surprise it looks just like a Lotus Elise. Details here if you're interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster
-- DukeUsul
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 2nd, 2011, 11:29 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Oh and Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary to BD's Mom and Dad today!
WOW! That's amazing!

Congratulations!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 3rd, 2011, 4:25 am

CathyCA wrote:
WOW! That's amazing!

Congratulations!

Yea, congrats!

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 3rd, 2011, 4:32 am

August West wrote:Nope, not a Lotus. It is a Tesla Roadster. An all electric high performance sports car. 100K plus. AW. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
August West wrote:Looks like a Lotus. I'll do a little search when I have a minute. AW. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA wrote:Can anyone tell me what kind of car this is?

Dang, beat me to it.

Judging from the shape, I'm thinking he's compensating for something... like maybe the lack of a soul.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

A nice haul at the surplus sale. One pair Duke track and field shorts, one pair compression shorts (me); two pair of workout shorts, one basketball and one with only a number on it, perhaps intramural (B); three polo shirts, two Duke basketball (one blue, one white) and one black Nike (B); two Track and Field jackets (one each); a black Adidas jacket (B); one Under Armour hotgear shirt (if I get to it first, it's MINE); one blue sports bra (guess). :D

Next year I hope to go earlier, especially for the sports bras. The guy who was at the checkout said a lady had come in and bought 30 early in the sale. I was lucky to find one.

I now have four pairs of Duke shorts: two pairs of basketball shorts, one track and field, and one Duke Law. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 3rd, 2011, 10:37 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A nice haul at the surplus sale. One pair Duke track and field shorts, one pair compression shorts (me); two pair of workout shorts, one basketball and one with only a number on it, perhaps intramural (B); three polo shirts, two Duke basketball (one blue, one white) and one black Nike (B); two Track and Field jackets (one each); a black Adidas jacket (B); one Under Armour hotgear shirt (if I get to it first, it's MINE); one blue sports bra (guess). :D

Next year I hope to go earlier, especially for the sports bras. The guy who was at the checkout said a lady had come in and bought 30 early in the sale. I was lucky to find one.

I now have four pairs of Duke shorts: two pairs of basketball shorts, one track and field, and one Duke Law. :duke:
Wow! What a great haul!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 3rd, 2011, 10:56 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:A nice haul at the surplus sale. One pair Duke track and field shorts, one pair compression shorts (me); two pair of workout shorts, one basketball and one with only a number on it, perhaps intramural (B); three polo shirts, two Duke basketball (one blue, one white) and one black Nike (B); two Track and Field jackets (one each); a black Adidas jacket (B); one Under Armour hotgear shirt (if I get to it first, it's MINE); one blue sports bra (guess). :D

Wow. You did good. I totally miss the sale. Damn. I would have loved to know about it. I usually by Max "stuff" and give them to him for his report cards. :duke: :duke: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 4th, 2011, 12:07 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:

Wow. You did good. I totally miss the sale. Damn. I would have loved to know about it. I usually by Max "stuff" and give them to him for his report cards. :duke: :duke: :duke:
VDB, the sale is on Saturday as well, but most of the stuff I saw left was large sizes. I remember Max has some size to him, but I can't remember how big he is. :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » June 4th, 2011, 12:28 pm

I have enough SURPLUS of Duke attire, at home. I wish cleaning out some boxes, and found TeeShirts with the tags on them. And found a New Jacket, also. (all that I had gotten on Sale, before). Love New things!

I have tried to buy tennis shoes at those surplus sales. But even the girls shoes, were 2 sizes too big.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 4th, 2011, 9:32 pm

My '68 Firebird is back on wheels...
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 4th, 2011, 10:40 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:My '68 Firebird is back on wheels...
YAY! When are we going cruising? :auto-car:

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 5th, 2011, 8:18 am

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:My '68 Firebird is back on wheels...
YAY! When are we going cruising? :auto-car:

A couple months...body panels still need to be fitted, then painting and interior installation. Oh, and it still has a Fred Flintstone engine. That'll be done in a couple weeks.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 5th, 2011, 8:41 am

Many thanks to Cheermom for the pastrami delivery!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 5th, 2011, 10:42 am

Lavabe wrote:Many thanks to Cheermom for the pastrami delivery!!
What pastrami?

(suppresses loud belch)
=)) =))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 5th, 2011, 11:12 am

devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Many thanks to Cheermom for the pastrami delivery!!
What pastrami?

(suppresses loud belch)
=)) =))
I got my 1 1/2 pounds! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 5th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Harumph. A sweet little old lady at church rearranged my car bumper and took some red paint with her. Red Saab paint on a gold Chevy isn't becoming.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 5th, 2011, 6:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Harumph. A sweet little old lady at church rearranged my car bumper and took some red paint with her. Red Saab paint on a gold Chevy isn't becoming.
Bumper bummer! Sorry to hear this. You have to watch out for those SLO's
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 5th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Was it a bless her heart moment?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 5th, 2011, 7:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Was it a bless her heart moment?
It was indeed.
Iron Duke #1471997.