Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » May 30th, 2011, 8:30 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Do I have to do everything for you? ;) You're almost there. Click on the "photos" button on that page. You'll see an album of their photos from their trip to the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando in December.

:9f:
There is no button for photos, neither now nor last night when I looked. They have 856 friends, I am not one of them and I didn't send a friend request.
Hmm. . . maybe the reason I can see her pictures is because she and I have FB friends in common. :-?

Gonna send you a link.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 30th, 2011, 10:47 am

Lavabe wrote:If you have to watch the Indy 500, just watch the last lap. THRILLING and bizarre finish.

This has been your annual Indy 500 post.
I shan't mention the race as we don't want to go over quota.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 30th, 2011, 10:57 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:If you have to watch the Indy 500, just watch the last lap. THRILLING and bizarre finish.

This has been your annual Indy 500 post.
I shan't mention the race as we don't want to go over quota.
I'll take us over quota - especially as I don't follow racing much at all. I feel really bad for the rookie driver. What a crappy way to finish your race.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 30th, 2011, 6:29 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I'll take us over quota - especially as I don't follow racing much at all. I feel really bad for the rookie driver. What a crappy way to finish your race.
Well, at least he didn't run out of gas... #-o #-o
:(( :((
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 30th, 2011, 8:49 pm

I'm back from a fun, relaxing weekend at the family farm. My siblings and I hosted a party for my parents' 50th anniversary on Saturday, and we had a cookout at the creek last night. Fun times.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 30th, 2011, 8:51 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm back from a fun, relaxing weekend at the family farm. My siblings and I hosted a party for my parents' 50th anniversary on Saturday, and we had a cookout at the creek last night. Fun times.
Happy Anniversary to Parents of AD! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 30th, 2011, 9:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm back from a fun, relaxing weekend at the family farm. My siblings and I hosted a party for my parents' 50th anniversary on Saturday, and we had a cookout at the creek last night. Fun times.
How much fun! Congratulations to your folks for making it to 50 years!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » May 31st, 2011, 12:47 am

A cookout at a creek does sound fun, especially to celebrate such an august milestone! Congrats to your parents! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 31st, 2011, 7:15 pm

Gratuitous PW post...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 31st, 2011, 8:04 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Gratuitous PW post...
To Siberia with you! Oh, wait. Wrong board :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2011, 8:51 pm

Andre Dawkins is my new FB friend.

:D

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 31st, 2011, 9:07 pm

Not the right thread, but I'm too lazy to find the right one...

My nephew turns 17 in a couple of weeks, so his dad, my brother in law, took him to NYC this past weekend for a father son bonding "experience". I found out about this when my sister in law posted about this on Facebook, so I kiddingly, but hoping against hope, asked them to bring me a pastrami sandwich back from the Carnegie Deli. Seemed like a reasonable request to me, and hey, you never know!

Turns out they did go to the Carnegie for lunch on Monday (before flying back later in the day) and Ken ordered a pastrami sandwich on my recommendation. He ate half and what do you know, he brought me the other half back in a doggie bag! What a guy! I had it for dinner tonight! Washed it down with a Magic Hat #9. Tasty combination! Ymm! :9f:

Sorry DD, no remnants left.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2011, 9:27 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Not the right thread, but I'm too lazy to find the right one...

My nephew turns 17 in a couple of weeks, so his dad, my brother in law, took him to NYC this past weekend for a father son bonding "experience". I found out about this when my sister in law posted about this on Facebook, so I kiddingly, but hoping against hope, asked them to bring me a pastrami sandwich back from the Carnegie Deli. Seemed like a reasonable request to me, and hey, you never know!

Turns out they did go to the Carnegie for lunch on Monday (before flying back later in the day) and Ken ordered a pastrami sandwich on my recommendation. He ate half and what do you know, he brought me the other half back in a doggie bag! What a guy! I had it for dinner tonight! Washed it down with a Magic Hat #9. Tasty combination! Ymm! :9f:

I feel like we should all burst out in a chorus of "When You Wish Upon A Star," or something. That's very nice that you made your wish on FB and it was fulfilled. :D

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » May 31st, 2011, 9:29 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Not the right thread, but I'm too lazy to find the right one...

I feel like we should all burst out in a chorus of "When You Wish Upon A Star," or something. That's very nice that you made your wish on FB and it was fulfilled. :D

Go Ozzie!!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 31st, 2011, 9:59 pm

CathyCA wrote:

I just called Ken and thanked him profusely for his generosity! He had never been there before and wouldn't have thought of going to the Carnegie if I hadn't posted in his wife's thread. He has always liked corned beef and pastrami, but said he had never tasted anything "as good as this before!" Now he knows what real corned beef and pastrami tastes like, and he'll never look at the local stuff the same again. :(( B-)

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 31st, 2011, 10:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:Andre Dawkins is my new FB friend.

:D

Mine too. He (or someone on his behalf) must have gone through his request list and accepted everyone. His posting has been prolific tonight.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 31st, 2011, 10:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

I just called Ken and thanked him profusely for his generosity! He had never been there before and wouldn't have thought of going to the Carnegie if I hadn't posted in his wife's thread. He has always liked corned beef and pastrami, but said he had never tasted anything "as good as this before!" Now he knows what real corned beef and pastrami tastes like, and he'll never look at the local stuff the same again. :(( B-)
You have a very thoughtful BIL.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 1st, 2011, 12:29 am

I went to spork someone OY and this popped up. You have got to be kidding me! =))
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 1st, 2011, 7:04 am

Hmmm...too much reputation? I could make a crude joke, but won't.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 1st, 2011, 7:24 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I went to spork someone OY and this popped up. You have got to be kidding me! =))
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
I think you need to create a FIGHT CLUB thread OY...
;)
... or you could just avoid going OY. :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.