LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » May 19th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Sometimes I wonder why I don't respect the ignore button more often.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 19th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I had a fun evening tonight with CB&B's girlfriend. We went to a wine tasting. The March of Dimes was having a recruiting event at the wine tasting, so we had nice hors d'oeuvres to munch on while we were tasting. A small band played, so we got to enjoy live music, too.

We ran into several people whom we knew at the wine tasting. I said hello to one woman whom I recognized, but couldn't quite place. As it turns out, she is one of the local news anchors, and I had recognized her from TV. Of course she didn't know me, but I felt like I was greeting an old friend. Thankfully, she was gracious to me, and we shared a laugh.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 21st, 2011, 8:50 am

CathyCA wrote:Sometimes I wonder why I don't respect the ignore button more often.

Wow... a whole day of everyone hitting the ignore button.
The LTE 2.0 will never die.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » May 21st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Which button is the ignore button?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 21st, 2011, 10:07 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Which button is the ignore button?
Go to User Control Panel, Friends and Foes, Manage Foes.

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 22nd, 2011, 9:44 am

CathyCA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Which button is the ignore button?
Go to User Control Panel, Friends and Foes, Manage Foes.

Darn, no foes yet for me.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 22nd, 2011, 10:07 am

Just finished watching last night's SNL. It was okay, but it wasn't one of JT's best efforts. One of my usual JT faves, The Barry Gibb Talk Show, was nothing but jokes that were recycled from earlier BGTS skits. The singing billboard skit was somewhat amusing, but it would've been better without Lady GaGa's appearance at the end. Andy Samberg and JT's music video was okay, but not as funny as their first effort (D**k in a Box). As with the singing billboard skit, it included Lady GaGa. She's a talented singer, but she does NOT have JT's comedic talent IMO.

I think the problem may be the writing staff. The show hasn't been the same since Tina Fey left. JMO
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 23rd, 2011, 8:49 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished watching last night's SNL. It was okay, but it wasn't one of JT's best efforts. One of my usual JT faves, The Barry Gibb Talk Show, was nothing but jokes that were recycled from earlier BGTS skits. The singing billboard skit was somewhat amusing, but it would've been better without Lady GaGa's appearance at the end. Andy Samberg and JT's music video was okay, but not as funny as their first effort (D**k in a Box). As with the singing billboard skit, it included Lady GaGa. She's a talented singer, but she does NOT have JT's comedic talent IMO.

I think the problem may be the writing staff. The show hasn't been the same since Tina Fey left. JMO
I missed it, had a busy weekend, but I always try to watch when JT hosts. Not the biggest fan of his singing, but he's way talented so he's fun to watch. A FB friend posted the "Bring it down to liquorville" skit, that was funny. Those are always fun, but one of my favorited skits with him was his duet with Kermit the Frog. Google that one, and laugh.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 23rd, 2011, 7:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Just finished watching last night's SNL. It was okay, but it wasn't one of JT's best efforts. One of my usual JT faves, The Barry Gibb Talk Show, was nothing but jokes that were recycled from earlier BGTS skits. The singing billboard skit was somewhat amusing, but it would've been better without Lady GaGa's appearance at the end. Andy Samberg and JT's music video was okay, but not as funny as their first effort (D**k in a Box). As with the singing billboard skit, it included Lady GaGa. She's a talented singer, but she does NOT have JT's comedic talent IMO.

I missed it, had a busy weekend, but I always try to watch when JT hosts. Not the biggest fan of his singing, but he's way talented so he's fun to watch. A FB friend posted the "Bring it down to liquorville" skit, that was funny. Those are always fun, but one of my favorited skits with him was his duet with Kermit the Frog. Google that one, and laugh.
I saw this posted on TV Guide. Not sure why they didn't include it - I think it's funnier than a couple of the ones they did use. http://www.hulu.com/watch/243622/saturd ... m=fb_share
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 23rd, 2011, 8:54 pm

I haven't watched SNL in about 15 years.

It was a bit breezy today.

Can't think of another comment to make here...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2011, 9:47 pm

I made us cruise reservations last night! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Carnival Valor, November 6-13. Miami to Grand Cayman to Roatan to Belize to Cozumel to Miami.

We'll be in town to see the little hobgoblins :occasion-happyhalloween: and will be gone for the away football game at Virginia.

Time to hit the Exercise thread on a nightly basis.... :-o
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I made us cruise reservations last night! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Carnival Valor, November 6-13. Miami to Grand Cayman to Roatan to Belize to Cozumel to Miami.

We'll be in town to see the little hobgoblins :occasion-happyhalloween: and will be gone for the away football game at Virginia.

Have fun on the cruise. Bud and I had a fun time last year on hours.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » May 23rd, 2011, 9:56 pm

I had dinner with friend I haven't seen since '78. It was so good to see her. They are on the way back to Fl. It's nice to be reconnected with her again. :happy-bouncyblue:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » May 23rd, 2011, 11:18 pm

Here in Tampa, FL, on my way to see another lemur facility nearby. It's a short 2-3 day visit.

Hoping to see windsor (and dogs).
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 24th, 2011, 12:28 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I made us cruise reservations last night! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Carnival Valor, November 6-13.
Eat lots of cake and think of me!!!

:occasion-happyhalloween:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 24th, 2011, 8:00 am

Sounds like a lot of fun.

I just made reservations for us for our little summer vacation. We're going to Rehoboth Beach, then Sesame Place, and finishing it off at Hershey Park.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » May 24th, 2011, 11:39 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I haven't watched SNL in about 15 years.

It was a bit breezy today.

Can't think of another comment to make here...
You could have gotten 3 posts out of this.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 24th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Wow! That sounds like fun!

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » May 25th, 2011, 6:30 am

So, if there are official Good Morning and Good Night threads, is this the official anytime thread?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 25th, 2011, 6:33 am

YmoBeThere wrote:So, if there are official Good Morning and Good Night threads, is this the official anytime thread?
I think it's the official anytime, anything thread.

~ James Naismith