You can't make this stuff up!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: You can't make this stuff up!

Post by lawgrad91 » May 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Gosh, how I wish you could get us pictures of all these dudes. #-o
Love, Ima
I know! Can't you get your bailiff to snap some pics while you are arraigning these entertaining people?

:9f:
I will ask. All he can say is no, after all.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 25th, 2017, 3:45 pm

I'm working on drafting an Answer and Counterclaim to an utterly ridiculous Complaint this afternoon. While researching various affirmative defenses, I came upon the following typo:
The facts not having been fully developed, Defendant further affirmatively pleads the following affirmative defenses as may be applicable in this action:

Res Ludicata
In legal terms, Res Judicata means "a matter that has been adjudicated by a competent court and may not be pursued further by the same parties."

In my world, "Res Ludicata" means "a matter that is so ludicrous and far-fetched that no competent court would consider it, nor would any competent attorney undertake representation of the matter.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 26th, 2017, 10:47 am

CathyCA wrote:I'm working on drafting an Answer and Counterclaim to an utterly ridiculous Complaint this afternoon. While researching various affirmative defenses, I came upon the following typo:
The facts not having been fully developed, Defendant further affirmatively pleads the following affirmative defenses as may be applicable in this action:

Res Ludicata
In legal terms, Res Judicata means "a matter that has been adjudicated by a competent court and may not be pursued further by the same parties."

In my world, "Res Ludicata" means "a matter that is so ludicrous and far-fetched that no competent court would consider it, nor would any competent attorney undertake representation of the matter.

:)) :)) :)) :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 2nd, 2017, 1:58 pm

Another handy tip:

When using a stolen credit card for a purchase, it is advisable not to use one's own rewards card to get rewards for said purchase. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 3rd, 2017, 11:14 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Another handy tip:

When using a stolen credit card for a purchase, it is advisable not to use one's own rewards card to get rewards for said purchase. :9f:
Dang! What a loyal customer!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 3rd, 2017, 11:19 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Another handy tip:

Dang! What a loyal customer!

And GameStop helpfully printed his name on the receipt. He saved his victim $7.50. What a nice guy. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Two lessons from district court. One, the phrase is "sucker" punch, not "soccer" punch. Two, when there are enormous signs in the hallway that read, "if you have a case, enter the courtroom. Do not remain in the hall," don't come in 45 minutes after your case is called and say, "I have been waiting in the hall for the bailiffs to call me." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 16th, 2017, 11:37 am

Should you ever find yourself in the passenger seat of a car, and your panties and 12 grams of methamphetamine are in an eyeglass case in the passenger floor, it is a bad idea to say to the officer, "I'm not wearing any panties. Do you want to see?" :ymsick: :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 19th, 2017, 8:30 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Should you ever find yourself in the passenger seat of a car, and your panties and 12 grams of methamphetamine are in an eyeglass case in the passenger floor, it is a bad idea to say to the officer, "I'm not wearing any panties. Do you want to see?" :ymsick: :-o :9f:
Dang! That might invite other charges.

Attempted indecent exposure?

Attempted solicitation?

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 19th, 2017, 9:30 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Should you ever find yourself in the passenger seat of a car, and your panties and 12 grams of methamphetamine are in an eyeglass case in the passenger floor, it is a bad idea to say to the officer, "I'm not wearing any panties. Do you want to see?" :ymsick: :-o :9f:
Dang! That might invite other charges.

Attempted indecent exposure?

Attempted solicitation?

Attempted malicious wounding for the horrible injury that would have occurred to the poor officer's eyes. :ymsick:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 21st, 2017, 10:56 am

Line from a police report: [witness] is believed to suffer from dementia and possibly other mental disorders based on her family.

I hope they don't talk to my family! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 21st, 2017, 5:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Line from a police report: [witness] is believed to suffer from dementia and possibly other mental disorders based on her family.

I hope they don't talk to my family! :9f:
That reminds me of this:

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 26th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Punishments are getting harsh in the Varnish Zone.

From a presentencing report: "(defendant) has two children, who will be terminated when she goes to jail." :-o

According to the probation officer, it should say, "(defendant) has CUSTODY OF two children, WHICH will be terminated when she goes to jail." :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 26th, 2017, 2:20 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Punishments are getting harsh in the Varnish Zone.

From a presentencing report: "(defendant) has two children, who will be terminated when she goes to jail." :-o

According to the probation officer, it should say, "(defendant) has CUSTODY OF two children, WHICH will be terminated when she goes to jail." :9f:
Talk about the sins of the "father" (parent/mother ?) being visited on their children.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 27th, 2017, 10:05 am

Oh my goodness! Bad grammar affects me like nails on a chalkboard! :veryconfused: %-( ~X( :naughty: :angry-screaming: :law-policered: :techie-error:

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 27th, 2017, 10:23 am

Yikes! Poor kids!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 27th, 2017, 4:48 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Oh my goodness! Bad grammar affects me like nails on a chalkboard! :veryconfused: %-( ~X( :naughty: :angry-screaming: :law-policered: :techie-error:

Same here!!!!! :-o :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 28th, 2017, 1:14 pm

I guess the local access TV station thinks it is helping a local business by posting this (or maybe the business is paying for the exposure, bless their hearts) but telling me that the local Mexican joint's lunch special is "Lunch #5" really isn't very helpful. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2017, 7:59 pm

The sound of metal silverware on teeth makes me cringe.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 29th, 2017, 10:09 am

lawgrad91 wrote:I guess the local access TV station thinks it is helping a local business by posting this (or maybe the business is paying for the exposure, bless their hearts) but telling me that the local Mexican joint's lunch special is "Lunch #5" really isn't very helpful. :9f:
I guess you're not a regular there. . . :facepalm4: :dinner: :chef:

~ James Naismith