NASCAR 2011

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2011

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Ymo and Tilly had strong weeks. The scores have yet to be posted, but Marvin may have leaped into the 94th percentile or so, as Menard was his only choice out of the top 10. I may have held 2nd place, but Ymo & Tilly have made this a very tight race.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 27th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:Ymo and Tilly had strong weeks. The scores have yet to be posted, but Marvin may have leaped into the 94th percentile or so, as Menard was his only choice out of the top 10. I may have held 2nd place, but Ymo & Tilly have made this a very tight race.

Congrats to the winners this week.

I continue to suck the hind teat. Whatever happened to my picking skills from last year?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 27th, 2011, 10:56 pm

The Top 5 scorers in Fantasy this week were:
Marvin (332), Lavabe (-2), Ymo (-12), mph (-16), and Tilly (-30). Congrats to Marvin!!
I still hold the lead, followed by Marvin (-5), Ymo (-71), Usul (-98), and colchar (-132).

A really tight battle. I am scoring in the 94th percentile.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » March 28th, 2011, 6:51 am

Lavabe wrote:The Top 5 scorers in Fantasy this week were:
Marvin (332), Lavabe (-2), Ymo (-12), mph (-16), and Tilly (-30). Congrats to Marvin!!
I still hold the lead, followed by Marvin (-5), Ymo (-71), Usul (-98), and colchar (-132).

A really tight battle. I am scoring in the 94th percentile.
Thanks! I may have won this weeks race, but I still trail ya by 5 measly points! lol. Watch your rearview, Mayhem is draftin ya!
As for Colchar, no worries eh? It's still early and you may still be as cold as a Canadian frost in winter, but you'll rebound soon enough. Just constipate... I mean concentrate. Don't let Lavabe and Mayhem scare ya just because we are trouncing you at the moment. :D lol, I kid. Really you are beating yourself. But we love yas anyway Champ!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 28th, 2011, 8:58 am

Serious question for Ymo: Is there some sort of competition among all the fantasy leagues? Because if there is, I think we'd be holding our own.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 28th, 2011, 9:09 am

Lavabe wrote:Serious question for Ymo: Is there some sort of competition among all the fantasy leagues? Because if there is, I think we'd be holding our own.
The Fantasy Director's Cup. Interesting idea. I'd have won one a couple of years ago, when I won baseball, football, and NCAAT fantasy competitions, prompting me to retire from fantasy competitions altogether.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 28th, 2011, 9:58 am

wilson wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Serious question for Ymo: Is there some sort of competition among all the fantasy leagues? Because if there is, I think we'd be holding our own.
The Fantasy Director's Cup. Interesting idea. I'd have won one a couple of years ago, when I won baseball, football, and NCAAT fantasy competitions, prompting me to retire from fantasy competitions altogether.
Would that be called "pulling a Seinfeld," going out on top?
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 28th, 2011, 10:13 am

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:
Yes it would, Tilly. Exactly why I swore off them when I did. It was also a good thing to cross one item off my list of interweb time-wasters.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 28th, 2011, 12:25 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:

That presupposes that Seinfeld was ever on top.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 28th, 2011, 12:29 pm

colchar wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Would that be called "pulling a Seinfeld," going out on top?

Dude, it pretty much was, for like, 5 years. It is also widely considered one of the great sitcoms ever. I don't even really watch it, but I have no problem recognizing this.
And it did quite literally go out on top, as the top-rated television show in the 1997-98 TV season, its last.
Let's cut down the curmudgeon meter a little.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 30th, 2011, 2:22 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Would that be called "pulling a Seinfeld," going out on top?

Dude, it pretty much was, for like, 5 years. It is also widely considered one of the great sitcoms ever. I don't even really watch it, but I have no problem recognizing this.
And it did quite literally go out on top, as the top-rated television show in the 1997-98 TV season, its last.
Let's cut down the curmudgeon meter a little.

I'm willing to give credit to shows I don't like but Seinfeld is another story. I simply cannot give credit to show filled with characters I couldn't stand. I tried to give the show a chance but found all four of them to be beyond obnoxious.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » March 30th, 2011, 4:37 pm

colchar wrote: I'm willing to give credit to shows I don't like but Seinfeld is another story. I simply cannot give credit to show filled with characters I couldn't stand. I tried to give the show a chance but found all four of them to be beyond obnoxious.
Agreed. I couldn't stand the show.
-- DukeUsul
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 30th, 2011, 6:21 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
colchar wrote: I'm willing to give credit to shows I don't like but Seinfeld is another story. I simply cannot give credit to show filled with characters I couldn't stand. I tried to give the show a chance but found all four of them to be beyond obnoxious.
Agreed. I couldn't stand the show.
You know, for many years, I couldn't stand NASCAR.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 31st, 2011, 4:55 am

Sorry, missed Lavabe's question from a couple days ago. There isn't one that I know of, but let me inquire.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 31st, 2011, 9:47 pm

Get your picks in!!

NOTE: I will not be providing race reports on Sunday, as ILJ, LL, Georgia the Wonderdog, and I will be driving back from western Kentucky. I wonder if we'll get some live race reports on CTN?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » April 1st, 2011, 12:37 pm

Will colchar take over commentating duties this weekend?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 2nd, 2011, 7:41 pm

Lavabe wrote:Will colchar take over commentating duties this weekend?

If I am home I will. I have to take the neck off on of my guitars and get it packed and to the post office to be shipped down to a friend in Philly who is trading me his neck for mine. So I will be out for part of the afternoon running errands and such. If I am home though I will take over the commentary for the day.

Then again, since I completely forgot to make my picks this week and am stuck using last week's drivers yet again X( X( X( X( X( X( X( , do you really trust me to take over commenting duties?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 2nd, 2011, 11:30 pm

I think my question went to a black hole. And while many of you are not Seinfeld aficionados, I am. One day hoping to have my own "summer of George"...or Brian as it were.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 3rd, 2011, 9:47 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I think my question went to a black hole. And while many of you are not Seinfeld aficionados, I am. One day hoping to have my own "summer of George"...or Brian as it were.
After you have your "summer of Brian" do be careful walking down the stairs. ;;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 3rd, 2011, 5:49 pm

Harvick pulls out the win, with Jr. in second.