Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Exercise!

Post by ArkieDukie » November 10th, 2010, 7:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I lifted a finger today. #:-s
=)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 10th, 2010, 8:15 pm

Curves is still rocking it for me. I love that they have an individualized program that increases the workout intensity each time. Keep up the great work everybody!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 11th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Went to the gym today. Nineteen minutes of walking, sixteen minutes of running, ten minute cooldown on the exercise bike. (I also vacuumed the upstairs this morning, which Weight Watchers counts as exercise, if done long enough!)

Now I'm really hungry, but feeling good. :happy-bouncyblue:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 13th, 2010, 8:12 am

The last couple of days I've come in a smidge below my exercise target for the day, but I've done lots of walking.

I think it's time to buy some sort of exercise equipment that will allow me to exercise while watching TV. Thought about a treadmill, but I keep going back to the Gazelle glider. It's cheap (around $100), folds up for easy storage, it's a good workout, and it's quiet. Anything else I could get for the same price would be junky. Too bad I sold my old one when I moved.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 13th, 2010, 8:18 am

Last night I went to the hotel pool. Swam some, did water exercises, etc., for 45 minutes, then 15 on a stationary bike.

This morning I am planning to do 30 on the elliptical, provided I can get back in my room and change.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 14th, 2010, 8:21 pm

I was mostly back on track at Curves last week. went 2/3 times. I hope to make it 3/3 this week. Week before last wast nasty. Hormones are hell :(
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 14th, 2010, 8:36 pm

I'm in PA now. The sisters were going to go out for a walk and before we could leave, the oldest brother showed up from TX. No walk - although I walked down to the mailbox and back up the hill.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 8:43 pm

DukePA wrote:I was mostly back on track at Curves last week. went 2/3 times. I hope to make it 3/3 this week. Week before last wast nasty. Hormones are hell :(
Good luck this week!
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 14th, 2010, 8:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
I'm in PA now. The sisters were going to go out for a walk and before we could leave, the oldest brother showed up from TX. No walk - although I walked down to the mailbox and back up the hill.
Good job! Any walk at all is good.
-- Albert Einstein
hazeleyedpixie9
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by hazeleyedpixie9 » November 14th, 2010, 11:55 pm

I think I'm doing this right....I went to the grocery store with my dad today and sad to say, it was about as much as I could handle physically right now. The tailgate this weekend did help because it was warm and I walked a fair amount. My goal right now is to just do something that requires some walking movement grocery or mall or up the street, whatever every day. Thinking bout getting a pedometer to keep up.

WW
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 15th, 2010, 9:06 am

hazeleyedpixie9 wrote:I think I'm doing this right....I went to the grocery store with my dad today and sad to say, it was about as much as I could handle physically right now. The tailgate this weekend did help because it was warm and I walked a fair amount. My goal right now is to just do something that requires some walking movement grocery or mall or up the street, whatever every day. Thinking bout getting a pedometer to keep up.

WW
If you walk at the mall you might end up walking AND lifting...depending on how much shopping you do. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 15th, 2010, 12:06 pm

hazeleyedpixie9 wrote:I think I'm doing this right....I went to the grocery store with my dad today and sad to say, it was about as much as I could handle physically right now. The tailgate this weekend did help because it was warm and I walked a fair amount. My goal right now is to just do something that requires some walking movement grocery or mall or up the street, whatever every day. Thinking bout getting a pedometer to keep up.

WW
You don't need to overdo things right now, after your headfirst down the stairs.

They tell me you can buy pedometers at the dollar store; the best luck I've had (and I've lost several, broken several, etc.,) is with a $5 one from Walmart.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 15th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Forty-five minutes of My Fitness Coach, upper body. I used 10 lb. weights. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 15th, 2010, 9:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Forty-five minutes of My Fitness Coach, upper body. I used 10 lb. weights. Hope I can lift my arms tomorrow!
Good job!
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 15th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Aside from the normal walking, my exercise consisted of toting the infamous etagere back to my car (darn thing weighs about 40 lbs) and then into Goodwill to get a refund. Also toted my lovely new Kitchen Aid mixer through Kohls to the cash register, outside to my car, and then from my car and into my kitchen. :D Oh, and I also did some running in place.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » November 15th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Took a 3 mile walk today.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 15th, 2010, 11:49 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Took a 3 mile walk today.
Good job! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
hazeleyedpixie9

Post by hazeleyedpixie9 » November 17th, 2010, 10:16 pm

It's doesn't sound like much but I walked the dog twice today, helped my mom go thru some newly acquired junque in the garage (now, where did I put that match?) and did some rearranging in my bedroom. I'm actually starting to feel human again! Would LOVE to join a gym or get a personal trainer, but the bucks just ain't there. Perhaps sometime in the near future
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » November 17th, 2010, 10:21 pm

I had to steer a 75ft long vehicle through the construction zone on I40 east, for the 10+ miles east of Warsaw this afternoon.

How many times are they gonna re-pave this highway?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 17th, 2010, 10:39 pm

3.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday. Sister Anne and I rearranged Sister Sue's kitchen cabinets and dining room china cabinet today. Not sure it really counts but I'm not as stiff tonight as I was last night and this am.
Life is good!