LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » April 27th, 2011, 6:42 pm

CathyCA wrote:In honor of the big wedding on Friday, use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. No pets? Use two street names. Post yours here, then cut and paste it into your status.

Cordially,

Lady Grace Toulouse-Clarksville
Lady Lillian Bozo-Highway 86 North :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 27th, 2011, 6:53 pm

CathyCA wrote:In honor of the big wedding on Friday, use your royal wedding guest name. Start with either Lord or Lady. Your first name is one of your grandparents' names. Your surname is the name of your first pet, double-barreled with the name of the street you grew up on. No pets? Use two street names. Post yours here, then cut and paste it into your status.

Cordially,

Lady Grace Toulouse-Clarksville
Lord Benjamin Satan-Dwight says that all royal wedding posts should go to a royal wedding thread.

I have decreed it.

Are you going to challenge Lord Satan!? :ymdevil:

I think not.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 27th, 2011, 6:58 pm

wilson wrote:Got it. I rescind my above comment. "Irregardless" grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.
I am with you on this one, wilson. It's right up there with "addicting." Another of my grammatical pet peeve's is in this sentence. :D :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Just call me Lady Lucy Tippy-DirtRoad. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 27th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Are you going to challenge Lord Satan!? :ymdevil:

I think not.
Attachments
Devil.PNG
Devil.PNG (36.13 KiB) Viewed 355 times
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 27th, 2011, 8:05 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote:Got it. I rescind my above comment. "Irregardless" grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.
I am with you on this one, wilson. It's right up there with "addicting." Another of my grammatical pet peeve's is in this sentence. :D :9f:
Oh my goodness! That is certainly one of my pet peeves as well!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 27th, 2011, 9:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Oh my goodness! That is certainly one of my pet peeves as well!

I've always thought that DukePA and lawgrad were my long-lost sisters. Now I'm certain I must be related to CathyCA and wilson as well. B-)

CathyCA got my share of the family's allotment of fashion sense. 8-}
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 27th, 2011, 10:00 pm

ArkieDukie wrote: I've always thought that DukePA and lawgrad were my long-lost sisters. Now I'm certain I must be related to CathyCA and wilson as well. B-)

CathyCA got my share of the family's allotment of fashion sense. 8-}
CathyCA got my fashion sense, too. I try to make sure I don't wear black shoes and a tan belt, or vice versa. After that, all fashion bets are off. :-B
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 28th, 2011, 1:19 am

Lady Ruth Pandora-Lawndale. That may work....
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 28th, 2011, 6:33 am

A Facebook friend pointed out that this game could provide a wealth of useful security information for an unscrupulous person. Think about the common security questions for credit card and banking websites: maternal/paternal grandmother's name, city in which you were born, first pet's name ...

I think we're safe here, but Facebook might be a whole other story.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 7:34 am

ArkieDukie wrote:A Facebook friend pointed out that this game could provide a wealth of useful security information for an unscrupulous person. Think about the common security questions for credit card and banking websites: maternal/paternal grandmother's name, city in which you were born, first pet's name ...

My bank used those security questions back in the day like grandparents' names and pets' names. Now they use more sophisticated security questions, so I'm not worried.

But I decided not to play this game on FB, just in case.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 28th, 2011, 7:37 am

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:A Facebook friend pointed out that this game could provide a wealth of useful security information for an unscrupulous person. Think about the common security questions for credit card and banking websites: maternal/paternal grandmother's name, city in which you were born, first pet's name ...

My bank used those security questions back in the day like grandparents' names and pets' names. Now they use more sophisticated security questions, so I'm not worried.

Quoting myself here: L-)

Sometimes when I try to log on to my bank account, I can't remember the answers to my security question, so I call my banking institution's help desk. You wouldn't believe the hoops I have to jump through just to see my account balance.

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 28th, 2011, 9:06 am

Greek Yogurt w/golden raspberries.

YUMM!!! :-BD
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 28th, 2011, 9:18 am

CathyCA wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Quoting myself here: L-)

Sometimes when I try to log on to my bank account, I can't remember the answers to my security question, so I call my banking institution's help desk. You wouldn't believe the hoops I have to jump through just to see my account balance.

We had a family discussion this past weekend about using false answers to those security questions when setting up online accounts just so outsiders couldn't hack into them. Of course, then you have to be able to remember what false answer you used... :think:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 28th, 2011, 9:22 am

False answers are hard to remember...try someone elses answers...for example I use MY MOTHER as my answers...her mother's maiden name, her first pet....and so on. That way if someone happens to know that information about me personally it still won't get them anywhere.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 11:37 am

I don't worry too much about anyone tampering with my bank account, since there's hardly anything in it.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » April 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm

I leave my crappy Dodge Caravan unlocked at all times.

(The automatic door lock/unlock thingy broke and it would cost more than $400 to fix it. No thanks.)
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I leave my crappy Dodge Caravan unlocked at all times.

(The automatic door lock/unlock thingy broke and it would cost more than $400 to fix it. No thanks.)
I once went for a delightful ride in said Dodge Caravan in an absolute friggin' deluge. BD and her lovely family treated me to a cheeseburger and a beer.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 28th, 2011, 1:24 pm

wilson wrote:

I once went for a delightful ride in said Dodge Caravan in an absolute friggin' deluge. BD and her lovely family treated me to a cheeseburger and a beer.
I would like a beer right now. :beer:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:

I would like a beer right now. :beer:
Me too. None here though.