LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2011, 11:40 am

Bostondevil wrote:I went to a baby shower once shortly after giving birth myself. I forget which kid, maybe Jack. Anyway, I won all the games without even halfway trying - and this was when I was definitely feeling 'nursing brain'. I think baby showers must suck the IQ out of all the guests too. Except maybe the only recently non-pregnant ones. I tried not to take all of the prizes but they made me, "No, you won, fair and square!" One prize was a box of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. I didn't mind winning that one.

My favorite baby showers though are the ones where there are some babies too. I am a slave to the diaper set. I can sit through anything if you give me a baby to hold (or my knitting).

I usually can win all the games without trying...I'll 'throw' them if I can without being obvious. The last one I went to they did a match the baby animal withe adult (calf - cow, foal - horse) the 'hardest' one was joey - kangaroo. I was the only one that got them all. Everyone thought I was freakin' awesome. :ymsick:

With no offense intended to anyone - I do not like babies. Until they can walk and talk in an understandable fashion I am not a fan. Yes, I am a horrible person. Puppies on the other hand........ :D :O3
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2011, 11:48 am

CathyCA wrote:Heh, heh, heh. . .

I gave a baby shower for my real estate paralegal back in November. I didn't buy any of those stupid frou frou paper decorations or supplies. I used my china, silver and crystal and my linens. It was a beautiful shower, if I do so so myself.

But we did play the stupid games. All of the prizes I bought were "shower" themed. Except they weren't baby shower themed. They were SHOWER themed. I bought prizes including bath gels, wrap around towels, bath salts and pampering spa things to award to the game winners. I thought I was being so clever. B-)
:9f:
The quality of the prizes and the use of REAL plates/glasses would score heavily in your favor.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 23rd, 2011, 11:55 am

CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. I hate them....hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. I do not mind celebrating the impending birth...it just seems as though planning a shower sucks 100 IQ points right out of the hostess' head - really - do they think those games are amusing????? Kill me now. :violence-pistoldouble:
Heh, heh, heh. . .

I gave a baby shower for my real estate paralegal back in November. I didn't buy any of those stupid frou frou paper decorations or supplies. I used my china, silver and crystal and my linens. It was a beautiful shower, if I do so so myself.

But we did play the stupid games. All of the prizes I bought were "shower" themed. Except they weren't baby shower themed. They were SHOWER themed. I bought prizes including bath gels, wrap around towels, bath salts and pampering spa things to award to the game winners. I thought I was being so clever. B-)

I will assume windsor was not invited. And, if she was invited, she did not attend. But, maybe this post belongs in the "Snark Thread." :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2011, 12:26 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
windsor wrote:I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. I hate them....hate them with the heat of a thousand suns. I do not mind celebrating the impending birth...it just seems as though planning a shower sucks 100 IQ points right out of the hostess' head - really - do they think those games are amusing????? Kill me now. :violence-pistoldouble:
Heh, heh, heh. . .

I will assume windsor was not invited. And, if she was invited, she did not attend. But, maybe this post belongs in the "Snark Thread." :D
Windsor is ALWAYS welcome in my home at any time, and she needs no invitation. All she needs to do is show up.

But since she doesn't know my real estate paralegal, and since my REP prepared the guest list, you are correct in your assumption that Windsor was not invited to this particular baby shower.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 23rd, 2011, 12:49 pm

I just completed the preparation of some orgasmic mac & cheese for tomorrow's Easter feast. My brother is smoking two turkey breasts as we speak. Mom is contributing homemade rolls and banana pudding (which has sort of become our traditional Easter dessert). Others are bringing good stuff too, but I frankly don't care what it is.
Yumyum.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 23rd, 2011, 12:54 pm

Bad storms in St. Louis last night -- has anyone seen signs of AD or Throaty back online today? Hope they're doing all right. :wizard:

St. Louis airport is shut down -- yikes. http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/23/missou ... tml?hpt=T1
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2011, 1:03 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:Bad storms in St. Louis last night -- has anyone seen signs of AD or Throaty back online today? Hope they're doing all right. :wizard:

St. Louis airport is shut down -- yikes. http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/23/missou ... tml?hpt=T1
I'm in Arkansas for the weekend and missed the fun. #-o
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » April 23rd, 2011, 2:09 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Bad storms in St. Louis last night -- has anyone seen signs of AD or Throaty back online today? Hope they're doing all right. :wizard:

Glad to know you're safe! :ymhug:

Visiting the new niece?
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 23rd, 2011, 2:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

Aren't you working on the development of different type of cyclone? :D
Glad to hear you missed the 'fun'.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » April 23rd, 2011, 2:47 pm

windsor wrote:
With no offense intended to anyone - I do not like babies. Until they can walk and talk in an understandable fashion I am not a fan. Yes, I am a horrible person. Puppies on the other hand........ :D :O3
And no offense from me either, but the best thing about other people's little ones is, just that. They are 'other people's.'
I don't believe that makes you a horrible person.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2011, 2:55 pm

captmojo wrote:
windsor wrote:
And no offense from me either, but the best thing about other people's little ones is, just that. They are 'other people's.'
I like other people's babies because I can cuddle them and give them back.

I am a bad person because I do not like other people's children who are older than the age of 9 months. I am not not nearly as amused by their intelligence and cuteness and overall greatness as their parents are.

Sue me.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

Windsor, how was the baby shower?

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

Well after reading the last few posts, I won't tell you I've posted new Ruthie pics (last night) on FaceBook. More to come throughout the weekend through Monday! ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 23rd, 2011, 3:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well after reading the last few posts, I won't tell you I've posted new Ruthie pics (last night) on FaceBook. More to come throughout the weekend through Monday! ;)
Hello? I live on FB. I've already seen them.

I'm glad you're having a good time and enjoying her visit.

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2011, 4:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well after reading the last few posts, I won't tell you I've posted new Ruthie pics (last night) on FaceBook. More to come throughout the weekend through Monday! ;)
Hello? I live on FB. I've already seen them.

I'm glad you're having a good time and enjoying her visit.

You do (I didn't know that though), but everyone else doesn't :D . We''ve been having a great time, thanks!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 23rd, 2011, 4:27 pm

CathyCA wrote:
captmojo wrote:
windsor wrote:
I like other people's babies because I can cuddle them and give them back.

I am a bad person because I do not like other people's children who are older than the age of 9 months. I am not not nearly as amused by their intelligence and cuteness and overall greatness as their parents are.

Sue me.

Ya'll are not alone. I love babies. Toddlers - late teens/early 20's not so much. Hard to relate to today's young people. But young adults - elderly I'm totally cool with.
I worship the Blue Devil!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 23rd, 2011, 4:52 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Glad to know you're safe! :ymhug:

Visiting the new niece?
Oh, yeah. She's so cute! Sweetest baby ever.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2011, 8:24 pm

windsor wrote: I usually can win all the games without trying...I'll 'throw' them if I can without being obvious. The last one I went to they did a match the baby animal withe adult (calf - cow, foal - horse) the 'hardest' one was joey - kangaroo. I was the only one that got them all. Everyone thought I was freakin' awesome. :ymsick:

We showed up at church this morning to help decorate for Easter and walked into the Easter egg hunt, complete with several infants far too young to hunt for eggs, which seemed a bit strange.

I'm ok with babies, but I hate baby showers. Unless the game is "put the diaper on the baby," I have to throw the games too. I haven't been to a baby shower since my 30 year old cousin and her 60 year old boyfriend threw one for her impending birth. I spent most of my time with my cousin's high-functioning autistic 8 year old son who showed me his 520 pictures of Washington DC. We had an extended discussion about Theodore Roosevelt and the birth of the National Parks System. I probably enjoyed the party more than most.... :-B

Windsor and I must be related. I :x :x :x :O3 :O3 !
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » April 23rd, 2011, 8:50 pm

I don't want to seem misleading. :doh: I like kids. Trouble is, I'm jaded. I've seen far too many of my own relatives that are what some would call, 'Professional Parents'.
When the kids take over every decisional aspect of life, I mean EVERY, it gets a bit much to be witness to. It turns into a situation where the kids rule the roost. There are many times where sacrifice is required, but for the parents to become total, spoiling servants to the child goes beyond unreasonable and what through the ages has been considered customary.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » April 23rd, 2011, 8:57 pm

captmojo wrote:I don't want to seem misleading. :doh: I like kids. Trouble is, I'm jaded. I've seen far too many of my own relatives that are what some would call, 'Professional Parents'.
When the kids take over every decisional aspect of life, I mean EVERY, it gets a bit much to be witness to. It turns into a situation where the kids rule the roost. There are many times where sacrifice is required, but for the parents to become total, spoiling servants to the child goes beyond unreasonable and what through the ages has been considered customary.
I see my children as my labor force. :D

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage